Carrion Crown AP (Savage Stampede) - OOC

Orius

Legend
Here's what I found for equipment and I forgot about my Spice I need to work on something for everyone once backgrounds are done.

I guess that is average. I probably should have gone back and read he previous posts.

And going to go post the Character gene rules in the RG(s). The wand does start with no spell in it but you may when you are the appropriate lvl add spells as if you had the feat, without actually having it. Your background item can be anything - a signet ring that later might prove to be powerful magic or a weapon or whatever you wish.

Ah ok I read that wrong I thought I needed the IC feat to add the abilities. I'm not really planning on Craft Magic Arms and Armor, and I'm going to be taking Craft Wand anyway, so that looked useful (there's also amulet but that takes up a body slot). To get the most use out of it, it's probably best for me to have an item that has a 5th level IC feat.

I'm still not sure which direction to take this guy, either a scholarly type who's into forbidden knowledge, kind of like a Victor Frankenstein and maybe go for Loremaster. Or just a jerkass necromancer who's in it for the power and thinks things like recycling is all about animating dead foes and such.

I hope this AP has some decent Necromancy spells. The core spells are a bit sparse (I'm kind of missing fun stuff like negative energy burst here).

Put up the background. The original character was a wizard from Silverymoon whose goody-two-shoes parents took issue with his study of necromancy, I kept the basic background while purging the Realms references. Don't know anything about Golarion, so I'm open to suggestions.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Forget power. Wizards become necromancers because a) they don't deal well with other people and b) they're lazy. Depending on the 'rating' of the game (PG - R) your wizard could actually be, um, 'attracted' to the undead because they 'understand' him. Or better, your wizard could be a Dexter-type character who kills serial killers, criminals, etc... and then animates them as their eternal punishment, or for his own jollies.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shouldn't that be based on CHA and Alignment.

I have been reading that it seems the "hook" to start this AP is that the death of a common ally brings the PC's together.

This is like what you would read on the back of a module:
When Harrowstone Prison burned to the ground, prisoners, guards, and a host of vicious madmen met a terrifying end. In the years since, the nearby town of Ravengro has shunned the fire-scarred ruins, telling tales of unquiet spirits that wander abandoned cellblocks. But when a mysterious evil disturbs Harrowstone’s tenuous spiritual balance, a ghostly prison riot commences that threatens to consume the nearby village in madness and flames. Can the adventurers discover the secrets of Harrowstone and quell a rebellion of the dead? Or will they be the spirit-prison’s next inmates?

HM

renau1g

First Post
Shouldn't that be based on CHA and Alignment.

HM

Depends. Charisma measures a character's personality, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and appearance.

Maybe he's got a great personality, but can't lead anyone or for whatever reason his words come out hollow (like a bad used car salesman) or he's just fugly.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Heads up everyone I have been around the paizo site and release has been pushed up to March 1st

If you all would like to RP/ghost hunt before then let me know. I think instead of XP (which we won't be using) you could earn some rerolls or other bonuses of some sort.

HM

Herobizkit

Adventurer
If you like, and the others players are really keen on it, we could actually RP the backstory for each of our characters, up to and including the point where we all get together. It would be a challenge, to be sure. :)

Remove ads