Carrion Crown AP (Savage Stampede) - OOC

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I would have went that route but I need the skill points. That eight has to go somewhere.
STR would have been the likely choice for that if you were opting for mostly ranged combat (or Weapon Finesse as a feat and high Dex). I noticed that you went half-elf instead of full elf - the elven bonus to Dex and Int could have come in handy to off-set that.

This is all at work to give you a cleric/rogue without having to multi-class.

Elf: +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Con
Feat: Weapon Finesse (so you can melee with light weapons and rapier if need be)
Trait: Vagabond Child (for the Disable Device as class skill)

My head is stuck in char gen mode. I need a break.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Well the Cleric of Pharasma could do it. But she would be against the undead, not for them. Actually, they all would except the follower of Callistia. So are we siding with the undead or against?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well the adventure has a cult trying to resurrect the Whispering Tyrant (a lich who long ago ruled the land). Now you all can decide how you want to run with this --

a) stop the cult and save the day

b) release the lich yourself and see if he will reward you.

c) a little of both, beat the cult in releasing the lich and then beat the lich to save the day.

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
Well the adventure has a cult trying to resurrect the Whispering Tyrant (a lich who long ago ruled the land). Now you all can decide how you want to run with this --

a) stop the cult and save the day

b) release the lich yourself and see if he will reward you.

c) a little of both, beat the cult in releasing the lich and then beat the lich to save the day.

HM

c sounds to be the most fun!

rangerjohn

Explorer
Well if that is the consensus it would have to be the follower of Callistia. All the others would not support reviving a lich. It would be an abomination to Pharisma and Iomedae. Probably, Serenrae as well, unless there was a way it could be redeemed. Callistia and her followers don't care about much of anything. But she would be the one most likely to mc as a rogue.

Doh! misread that. We would be killing the lich. Any of them could do that. I don't know why the follower of Pharasma sounds the most fun. Definitely, not the most powerful, but the most fun. And connected to the adventure as well.
Win win.

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Haha yes, indeed... beat everyone and take everything. :) Smite the weak and reward the strong! Hoody hoo!

Also @rangerjohn - the elf/weapon finesse/vagabond child combo works with any priesthood. There are many interesting ways you could tie in a (former?) life of crime to your priesthood's calling. ;)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
...the elf/weapon finesse/vagabond child combo works with any priesthood. ;)
Elf is not a very good priest because the stat bonuses are sub-optimal for this class (med armor + shields, wisdom used for casting).
Only weapon finesse able weapons and low str without any source of bonus damage (example: sneak attack) gives only poor melee capabilities. Also clerics can use shields and shields can reduce your attack bonus wwith weapon finesse.
vagabound gives disable device, but perception (needed to find traps) is still not a cleric class skill.

Half-elves can get a wis bonus, a free weapon proficiency , and one can choose both rogue and cleric as favored classes.

Look at the Urban ranger for a good trap monkey with decent damage and divine spell casting at higher levels.

Walking Dad

First Post
No channeling or domain abilities with rangers.
Not denying this. But you cannot have everything ;).

And as HM 'said', a cleric ranger with a decent str and wisdom will work better at fighting and finding traps than a cleric with high dex and the vagabond trait.

For maximized casting, you cannot multiclass any way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases