Carrion Crown AP (Savage Stampede) - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Character Gene found here

I was wondering since we are getting a heads up about this adventure coming out and it looks like something people around here might play I was wondering.

What if we got to discussing who would like to play who would like to run it and all that stuff. Like if we got 10 people in here talking about it you would then have two DMs and 4 players for each group.

I guess I am always looking for different ways getting games started around here. And with advance warning you we would have time to get something set so when the AP hits the mail box that night an IC could start up.

Here's what I found out about it on paizo and I asked when they were going to release the Player's Guide. NOTE: Reply PG not avaiable till issue #1 possible Feb. release instead of Jan.

We've just officially announced the Carrion Crown Adventure Path, which will run from January through June 2011.

The Cult of the Whispering Way weaves a wide-ranging conspiracy throughout the horror-tinged lands of Ustalav aimed at freeing the Lich King Tar-Baphon, better known as the Whispering Tyrant, from his eternal prison in the dungeon of Gallowspire. Their debased rites and malicious schemes set werewolf against vampire, ghost against terror from beyond time and space in a thrilling campaign that touches upon themes of classic horror and dark swords and sorcery!

January 2011: Haunting of Harrowstone, by Michael Kortes
February 2011: Trial of the Beast, by Richard Pett
March 2011: Broken Moon, by Tim Hitchcock
April 2011: Wake of the Watcher, by Greg A. Vaughan
May 2011: Ashes at Dawn, by Neil Spicer
June 2011: Shadows of Gallowspire, by Jason Bulmahn

Product images are mockups, and will change prior to publication.

All of these will be part of the Pathfinder Campaign Setting subscription.
Looks and sounds like a great game.

HM

_

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
MY status btw:

I think by FEB I should be down from DMing 13 games (now), to about DMing 7 games as most are one offs and not campagins.

So (and again no tossing characters at me) I will be pre-ordering the game for running it. But wouldn't mind playing off course.

HM

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Hmmm, well its a while off. I'd love to play, but assuming real life is not too stressful I would be prepared to DM. Hopefully by that time I'll be back in the swing as a PBP DM.

jackslate45

First Post
I have been playing in the Rise of Runelords AP (with pathfinder characters...so much fun), and have really enjoyed it so far. I would be interested in playing/DMing it.

Also, Lich King will be name changed to something else if I DM...

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I will be picking it up at my FLGS (most likely) and so won't really be able to play in it, and I will most likely be too bust to DM it, but I will lurk in the thread(s) once in a while.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great to hear from you all. I am excited about this AP and have alredy thought of a character, so I am happy to see others may wish to DM.

@ AFg truly it isn't as far off as you think. 2-1/2 months?? with one of those being a major holiday month I think it would be cool to truly get characters established.

Mowgli ran a small adventure before starting his AP and it got all us characters together and into character before the grand adventure was to start. And this being a game with ghost, werewolves, and ghouls I would think maybe starting at lvl2 not a bad idea.

Even if we didn't have a pre-adventure we would have time to cement backgrounds (Something I wish happened in my AoW-TDL game). And go a little different. An extensive background between two players (maybe there characters are siblings) would bring alot to the game.

So I would like to go over concepts with people,

First off (and please even if you want to DM join in this):

What would be your first character choice for this type of game? Not looking so much for a build here, but more of a undead hunter seeking a certain foe or necromancer looking into becoming the next Lich-King, the peaseant who got mixed up in things way over his head. You can tack on a build if you wish even throw in a PrC if you like but not nessacary.

I think if we start talking about a few things ahead of time before you kno it the AP will be here and we will be ready for it.

HM

_

Walking Dad

First Post
Ustalav is a pretty cold region right? Perhaps finally a chance to play an arctic druid (or maybe a bear shaman). That would be my regional idea.

On the other hand, I like the implied monster theme in the fluff so maybe a shapeshift ranger (diluted Lykan blood) or a Jekyll/Hide like alchemist with a fond for mutagens.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
If I end up playing rather than Dming I'm thinking Witch Hunter, a sort of renaissance man with a high level of education. Mechanically maybe an Inquisitor? I've not really taken a good look at the class, but it might fit.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases