Around the Corner from the Hanged Man

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=OOC]This is not an adventure thread--it's just a temporary alternative spot for socializing while the Hanged Man's bartender is being held hostage and a huge fight is raging outside the tavern (see Protection.)[/sblock]
A kobold and a shifter, both armed, are making their way towards the Hanged Man when they are surprised by a loud crash and a gush of flames, apparently coming from around the corner ahead. "What the--is that a dragon?" yelps the kobold, catching a glimpse of something rapidly diving through the air to disappear behind a building.

A nearby street vendor shrugs. "Big kerfuffle going on outside the Hanged Man," he says. "Odd how these things happen, eh? Anyway I got rat-on-a-stick, snake-on-a-stick, lizard-on-a-stick, locusts-on-a-stick, frog-on-a-stick. With or without spicy sauce. How about it?"

"But--" the kobold is interrupted by another loud crash and some angry shouting. "Actually, I'm starving. How about you, Kaeysari?--Wait a second, did you say rat-on-a-stick? That's not what--don't you have any normal food?"

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
"One snake, please," says Kaeysari. "With sauce."
As the vendor hands the snake over, Papolstaanas looks dubiously at it and at his friend.
"What?" Kaeysari says. "It's better than army chow. Besides, after what we've been through with snakes recently, it's nice to have the upper hand on one."

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas the kobold continues to regard his friend with a horrified expression. As Kaeysari opens her wolfish mouth to take a large bite of snake, he actually winces.

"We've been up to our armpits in snake poison for two days and you actually want to eat one?" he squeaks. "What did they feed you in the army?" He is briefly distracted by a yelp of pain and some angry shouts emanating from around the corner. He turns back to Kaeysari. "Um, how is it?"

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari chews heavily on her "food". "It's a bit tough," she says, "but the sauce covers up the burnt taste."

She leans forward to look around the corner. "Wonder what that's all about."

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas makes a brief move towards the area where all the noise is coming from, then holds back. He shivers. "I--don't think I want to find out," he mutters, his twitchy nervousness contrasting oddly with the unflappable manner of his friend. He examines the vendor's wares with some hesitation. "Well, maybe the frog would be--aagh, no, I really can't. Do you have anything to drink?"

"Nope," replies the vendor.

"No?" asks Papolstaanas. "Don't people ever need something to wash their, um, snake down with?"

The vendor shrugs. "There's usually a tavern open around here," he replies helpfully.

Papolstaanas sighs and turns back to Kaeysari. "Do you think anyone's in the Hanged Man? Maybe I could climb in a window..."

BenBrown

First Post
"There's probably someone in there," Kaeysari says. "After all, they could come through the portal from Bacarte, even if they can't get through the door."

She finishes her snake and starts using the skewer as a makeshift toothpick.

"I guess you could try a window, if you like, but this business out front may be over soon enough. Also, there may be more of the fight inside."

Luinnar

First Post
Up walks a short elf in dark blood red robes, he has a scar in the shape of a raven on one cheek. On his back is a huge weapon, wrapped up in cloth. He looks very confused

Oro? This one thinks he could of stay at the tower and find less strife. The forces of chaos are at work even in this city! If this one had time he would hunt down the ones who are bringing strife to the city, but his friends are waiting for him....

Rat? stick? You eat strange things here.
Kaz says, looking at the food.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
A warforged wanders into view, a large metal shield strapped to his arm and a massive axe in hand that he gestures with as he talks to himself, sending people scurrying out of his way with curses and grumbles.

SIR EXSIXTEN REVELS AT THE ADULATION OF HIS ADORING PUBLIC. HE DOES SEEM TO HAVE BEEN SEPARATED FROM THE REST OF THE ULTIMATE LEAGUE OF MIGHTY VICTORY HOWEVER. PERHAPS THE PUNY LIZARD AND FURRY MEATWALKER LOOKING AT HIM HAVE SEEN THEM, the warforged says as he approaches
Kaeysari, Papolstaanas, and Kaz, apparently completely unaware that his inner monologue isn't.

HAIL, CITIZENS OF THE DAWN TON - IS IT REALLY BRIGHT HERE IN THE MORNING OR HAVE SIR EXSIXTEN'S LOGICAL SEMANTICULATORS MIS-CHEWED THE LOCAL VERBIAGE?

REGARDLESS, HAVE THE LITTLE LIZARD, THE LARGER FUR MAN, OR THE RAVEN-CHEEKED ONE WHO HAVE THE GREAT HONOR OF BEING ADDRESSED BY THE INESTIMABLE SIR EXSIXTEN SEEN ANYONE ELSE FROM THE ULTIMATE LEAGUE OF MIGHTY VICTORY AROUND HERE RECENTLY? WE JUST ARRIVED AFTER KILLING A WARLOCK'S FORTRESS AND THE REST OF THE LEAGUE SEEM TO HAVE TAKEN A WRONG TURN AND EVEN NOW ARE PROBABLY DESPERATELY SEARCHING THE CITY FOR THEIR LEADER. THAT'S SIR EXSIXTEN.

Mewness

First Post
"Who are you?" Papolstaanas asks the newcomers, raising his voice to be heard over the shouting and cursing. "I'm sorry, that's sort of rude, isn't it. This... sort of gets on-on my nerves, waiting for it to, to, at least quiet down some..." He cringes at the sound of some sort of explosion. "I'm Papolstaanas," he says. He points at the tall shifter woman. "This is Kaeysari. We just got back from the Isle of Opposition."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
AHAH, THOSE MUST BE THE REFERENCE-LINKS THE LEAGUE TOLD SIR EXSIXTEN ABOUT. YOU OF COURSE KNOW WHO SIR EXSIXTEN IS, SO NO FURTHER INTRODUCTION IS NECESSARY. AN AUTOGRAPH YOU SAY? WHY OF COURSE.

The warforged reaches into a small satchel and pulls out a gear that's missing some teeth, a bent spring, and a splintered piece of wood with a strange purple goo dried on it. He hands them to the others.

HOLD ON TO THOSE, A GENUINE PIECE OF SIR EXSIXTEN IS ALREADY WORTH A SMALL FORTUNE, GIVE IT A FEW YEARS AND YOU'LL BE ABLE TO RETIRE WITH THOSE! IF YOU COULD SOMEHOW BRING YOURSELVES TO PART WITH THEM.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases