Around the Corner from the Hanged Man

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari looks at Ironheart and listens to what he says. "I was right," she mumbles to Papolstaanas. "They did open up the lunatic asylum."

Mewness

First Post
Rolf accepts Papolstaana's offering and nods somberly at Exsixten's toast.

"Metal brother, I know not what ye said, but 'twas one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard." He shakes his head slowly....then bursts into raucous laughter. "I'll drink to that!"
"That actually was sort of pretty, wasn't it," Papolstaanas agrees, referring to Sir Exsixten's toast. "I'll drink to that as well." He drains the remainder of his bowl and pours himself and Rolf another round. "Although, speaking just for myself, I don't think I'll be doing any more sellswording. Is that right? Sellswording? It sounds weird. Sword-selling? No, wait, that would mean actually selling swords, wouldn't it. Which I don't want to do either." He takes a gulp of brandy and laughs a little, mumbling, "Mother will be furious. Well, too bad, I guess, because I just can't do it."

Papolstaanas pauses as Ironheart approaches. "How many of these have we had?" he asks. "I just saw a walking tree."

Luinnar

First Post
I see the my Tree Men OF DEATH have arrived! I am the lord and master of this domain, not the iron insanity! You will serve me and remember it well! Sharpe says spotting Ironheart and grabbing some the brandy bottle.

Juice made from the family of the Brandy Bunch, excellent choice Corporal Behemoth! he says quaffing half the bottle in one go.

A toast! A toast to..to..to..to..to..he thinks...to ME!
he says quaffing the rest of the bottle and handing it back to Papolstaanas.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
DRAGON! WHAT DRAGON?

Sir Exsixten's weapon comes whistling out again. He looks about, seemingly oblivious to the battle going on just around the corner.

SIR EXSIXTEN SEES NO READILY IDENTIFIABLE DRAGON. PERHAPS THE EX-GHOST LIZARD PAPO? SIR EXSIXTEN EXAMINES SAID "DRAGON" CAREFULLY, LOOKING FOR ANY OVERT DRAGONISH ACTIONS SUCH AS BREATHING FIRE, HOARDING COINS, OR STEALING DAMSELS.

EX-GHOST LIZARD PAPO, HOW DO YOU CLASSIFY YOURSELF?

Mogwaimon

First Post
Rolf thanks Papolstaanas once more, and throws in his two cents, "Aye, not many have th' stomach fer mercenary work. The pay is decent, but the horrors ye'll see...not t' mention times o' war, one day ye'll be fightin' alongside a man, the next ye'll be pickin' his eyes out o' his head with yer thumbs." Rolf takes a swig of his brandy, and looks around, taking in the new treant. "Aye, this stuff is some good ****, I'm drunk already...walkin' talkin' trees. Not only tha', but the metal man seems t' be speakin'"

Mewness

First Post
"H--hey!" cries Papolstaanas, trying to snatch the bottle back. But it is soon out of his reach, and when it is given back to him, not much brandy remains. "You weren't invited," he sputters angrily. He pulls out his scimitar and strikes drunkenly at Sharpe, but succeeds only in severing one of the half-elf's bootlaces.

EX-GHOST LIZARD PAPO, HOW DO YOU CLASSIFY YOURSELF?
"I'm a kobold," says Papolstaanas. He gestures at Sharpe with his sword. "And he's a brandy-stealing villain!"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I see the my Tree Men OF DEATH have arrived! I am the lord and master of this domain, not the iron insanity! You will serve me and remember it well! Sharpe says spotting Ironheart and grabbing some the brandy bottle.

Ironheart swings his axe up over his shoulder in a rest position. "My lord," he rasps, "Your lands are most strange. Why are there so few trees and plants? Have they all d... died?"

He suddenly lurches into motion and whirls to face Sir Exsixten as the knight's voice booms out:

DRAGON! WHAT DRAGON?

"There is a dragon rampaging these lands? That explains the desolation.

You are this court's champion? Do you have a p-place for me? A hollow I could defend from this dragon? I have been without a grove for so long..."

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"I'm a kobold," says Papolstaanas. He gestures at Sharpe with his sword. "And he's a brandy-stealing villain!"

CALM YOURSELF EX-GHOST LIZARD PAPO, Sir Exsixten says, putting a steadying hand on Papolstaanas' shoulder. IT MUST BE A FAIR FIGHT. LET THE NECROMANCER ARM HIMSELF PROPERLY FIRST! VILLAIN, PUT AWAY THAT SWORD AND GET A PROPER WIZARDLY WEAPON SO WE CAN COMMENCE BATTLE! OR BRING FORTH YOUR LEGION SO THAT SMITING MAY BE INITIATED!

He turns to Ironheart. SIR EXSIXTEN IS THE CHAMPION OF EVERY LAND*

*CAVEAT: SIR EXSIXTEN DOES NOT IN ANY WAY REPRESENT, SPEAK FOR, ADVISE, OR CONDONE ANY KINGDOM, PRINCIPALITY, CITY STATE, NATION OR OTHER NATIONALIZED OR OTHERWISE UNIFIED DEMOGRAPHIC THAT PERPETRATES, LEGALIZES, OR TOLERATES ANY ACTS THAT MAY BE CLASSIFIED AS EVIL, VILLAINOUS, TREACHEROUS, LECHEROUS, WICKED, OR DERIVATIVES OR VARIATIONS OF THE SAME.

ALAS THE DRAGON WAS BUT A TRAGIC MISUNDERSTANDING. SOMEHOW, SOMEONE MISIDENTIFIED THIS EX-LIZARD PAPO AS A DRAGON, DESPITE SAID EX-LIZARD'S GENERAL LACK OF ANY BUT THE MOST VAGUE SIMILARITIES TO SAID MONSTROUS CREATURES IN ASPECT OR DEMEANOR.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases