Around the Corner from the Hanged Man

Luinnar

First Post
He returns to Papolstaanas, glancing at Sharpe's sword. YOU GOT A SWORD SWITCHED FOR YOUR DEATH-WAND NECROMANCER, MAKE HASTE TO A WANDITORIUM TO CLAIM A PROPER INSTRUMENT SO WE CAN DO BATTLE PROPERLY.
Wand? What good would waving a pointy stick do for anything? It is not sharp enough to poke their eyes out very well, and not hard enough to beat their skulls in.

Necromancy is a fun hobby though, I have to admit.
Sharpe adds. Once you get used to the smell.
The Valley only would have detained you further, there's lots o' rotten corpses walkin' around that may take issue with outsiders, amongst other savage elements. Still, ta me it was home..." At this he grows silent, and his brow furrows as he tries to remember something...then he comes back to life again.
Ah, Captain Cricket! Have you brought those walking dead back from the Valley of Bone that I demanded? he says spotting Rolf.

I'll need their assistance in breaching the castle.
he says, gesturing in the direction of the ocean. Corporal Behemoth can assist you in unpacking them.

Mogwaimon

First Post
Ah, Captain Cricket! Have you brought those walking dead back from the Valley of Bone that I demanded? he says spotting Rolf.

I'll need their assistance in breaching the castle.
he says, gesturing in the direction of the ocean. Corporal Behemoth can assist you in unpacking them.

Rolf's smile leaves his face and one of his brows goes up as he turns to look at
Sharpe. He examines the half-elf thoroughly before replying, "I think ye've mistaken me for someone else, friend. Either that or ye're a mite touched in th' head." He pauses. "However, if you're willin' to pay well I do have a bit of an 'in' with the ghastly beasties roamin' th' Valley....lessee...there's risk involved...travel expenses....undead annoyance fee...guard bribery fee...Th' me not wanting to go home fee...Ye'll have t' come up with five thousand gold pieces and a few good men who ain't yellowbellies if ye want a couple o' undead from th' Valley."

You can see from the look on his face that he's not joking...he'd actually do it, but only for that much gold

Mewness

First Post
"But that wasn't me," Papolstaanas mumbles, paying no mind to Sharpe, apparently because he is still thinking about Kaeysari's complimentary portrayal of him. "It was--it was--something outside... And I don't know if..." He lapses into gloomy silence.

"Hey, I just remembered, I have that bottle!" Papolstaanas says suddenly, perking up a bit. He digs into his pack and pulls out a square glass bottle full of what looks to be a very fine Imperium brandy. "All I need is cups." He rummages around some more, asking Rolf, "Do you like brandy? I'm not sure whether I do. I mean I haven't tried it really. But this is supposed to be really good!"

Presently he digs out a set of small Magari-style drinking bowls, beautifully decorated in a manner probably familiar to the dwarf. "They're not really brandy glasses, are they? But you have to make do when there's, when there's a bunch of random thugs beating up on each other outside your favorite watering hole or whatever, ha!" He uncorks the bottle and pours a measure of the contents into one bowl and hands it to Rolf. Then he pours one for Kaeysari, one for Jynxx, and more modest portion for himself. He holds up his bowl. "Um, we need a toast."

Mogwaimon

First Post
"But that wasn't me," Papolstaanas mumbles, paying no mind to Sharpe, apparently because he is still thinking about Kaeysari's complimentary portrayal of him. "It was--it was--something outside... And I don't know if..." He lapses into gloomy silence.

"Hey, I just remembered, I have that bottle!" Papolstaanas says suddenly, perking up a bit. He digs into his pack and pulls out a square glass bottle full of what looks to be a very fine Imperium brandy. "All I need is cups." He rummages around some more, asking Rolf, "Do you like brandy? I'm not sure whether I do. I mean I haven't tried it really. But this is supposed to be really good!"

Presently he digs out a set of small Magari-style drinking bowls, beautifully decorated in a manner probably familiar to the dwarf. "They're not really brandy glasses, are they? But you have to make do when there's, when there's a bunch of random thugs beating up on each other outside your favorite watering hole or whatever, ha!" He uncorks the bottle and pours a measure of the contents into one bowl and hands it to Rolf. Then he pours one for Kaeysari, one for Jynxx, and more modest portion for himself. He holds up his bowl. "Um, we need a toast."

Rolf almost entirely forgets about the half-elf at the mention of brandy (Not entirely though! He'll be wanting to hear from you soon enough, for a smooth five k!) He turns to Papolstaanas with a nod and graciously accepts the bowl. "Lizard thing, I ain't sure about yer taste in liquor, but I sure as hell like your taste in drinking implements. Much appreciated!" He sits crosslegged on the ground, and bellows, "Bunk punk, drunk as a skunk!" and downs the brandy in mere moments, perhaps impolitely considering he didn't wait for a proper toast. It's seconds before he begins harassing Papolstaanas for seconds...and thirds....and fourths.

OOC: Haha, sorry...we sort of posted at like the same time. I'm just sitting here bored tonight, so I'm keeping with the forum more than I usually would

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas giggles wildly at Rolf's toast. "Drunk as a skunk!" he agrees, and attempts to down the contents of his own bowl... causing a fit of coughing that lasts for several minutes. "I think it is pretty good, actually," he whispers. He opens the bottle a little shakily and pours another measure for Rolf and one for himself.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
A TOAST - TO THE DECREPIT OUTCASTS, COWERING IN THE SHADOWS OF TYRANNY, PEERING UP FROM THE BLACKNESS IN DESPAIR FOR EVEN A SINGLE CANDLE-FLAME OF HOPE.

A TOAST - TO THE SICK AND DYING, LYING WRACKED IN THEIR BEDS, PLEADING FOR SOME GOD THAT WILL NOT FORSAKE THEM, THAT WILL SOMEHOW SOOTH THEIR AGONY AND BRING END TO THEIR WRETCHED LAMENT.

A TOAST - TO THE INNOCENT LED TO SLAUGHTER, FOR THE THOUSANDS LYING DEAD TO BUTTRESS THE EGO OF SOME SO-CALLED NOBLES WHO MUST CLIMB A STAIRWAY OF BODIES TO LOOK ONE ANOTHER IN THE EYE.

A TOAST TO THOSE WE DEFEND, THOSE FOR WHOM WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT, TO THOSE WHO HAVE FALLEN, TO ALL THE WRONGS WE'D DIE TO RIGHT.

Sir Exsixten takes a nearly empty glass and pours the last of it onto the cobblestones.

A TOAST.

Mogwaimon

First Post
Rolf accepts Papolstaana's offering and nods somberly at Exsixten's toast.

"Metal brother, I know not what ye said, but 'twas one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard." He shakes his head slowly....then bursts into raucous laughter. "I'll drink to that!"

Poor Papolstaanas finds himself being badgered for more brandy, and a few silver coins find their way into his lap by way of Rolf's fingers

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
An odd metallic scraping sound drifts up the street. It grows steadily louder, until what looks like a squat, hunched treant rounds the corner. Its upper branches are bare of leaves, and the left half of its bark is fire-blackened, cracked and pitted. Its left arm is withered and twisted, while its right drags a huge longaxe which bumps over the cobbles behind it, throwing sparks.

An iron bar inscribed with wicked-looking ruins pierces the blackened hole in the middle of its trunk where its heart should be.

Head down, the tree trudges up the street, hauling its axe behind it. It does not slow or waver until it reaches the small group near the tavern. An outthrust twig from its crown of branches catches one of Sir Exsixten's plates and snaps off, and the tree abruptly stops and looks up. Its eyes are sunk deep into seams in its bark.

"The people of the forest called me Ironheart. I left them because... because..." Ironheart's creaking voice trails off and he looks around in confusion. Finally he focuses on the largest target, Sir Exsixten. "Where have I come to?"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten turns to the tree.

GREETINGS TREEMAN, YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT THE ADULATE THRONG GATHERING IN SIR EXSIXTEN'S HONOR. THIS IS THE PRESENT LOCATION WHERE HIS HERo WORSHIP IS PRIMARILY FOCUSED, BECAUSE THIS IS WHERE SIR EXSIXTEN CURRENTLY STANDS.

THERE SEEMS TO BE A MODICUM OF DAMAGE TO YOUR STRUCTURE TREEMAN, DO YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE?

Remove ads