Around the Corner from the Hanged Man

Luinnar

First Post
This one has not seen a man made of terracotta walk, only heard tales. Kaz says walking over to Sir X610 and taping him with his finger. Oro? Metal? People of this country are great indeed if they can make metal men walk and talk. Perhaps metal man can explain the purpose of rat on stick to this one, excuse his ignorance.

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas is momentarily dumbfounded, looking at the little piece of junk that Sir Exsixtens has just handed to him. "Um... thanks," he says finally, politely putting the thing away in his backpack.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
A RAT? A RAT IS A TRAITOR, A DIRTY INFORMER WHO HAS BETRAYED THE CLOSE-HELD CONFIDENCES OF FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES. A RAT SELLS THE CANDY OF SECRETS TO THE GREEDY CHILD OF TYRANNY, AVOIDING THE VENGEFUL PARENTAL FIGURES OF TRUTH AND GOODNESS.

Sir Exsixten waves his axe around, nearly lopping the head off a passerby as he grows more excited.

A RAT ON A STICK IS NO LESS THAN THE BLOODY IMPALEMENT OF HARD JUSTICE.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
A reptilian woman steps around a corner, drawn by the smell of the simple food. She may appear to be a slender Dragonborn to the untrained eye, but her tail gives her away as a Lizardfolk. She wears a chain shirt to augment her natural scales, walks with a spear in one hand, and a curious looking hardened tree root in the other. She pays scant attention to the battle in the distance.

The newcomer walks up to the vendor and tosses a few coins on the table. The money is so befouled with dirt and slime that it is impossible to tell whether it is copper, silver, or gold. Regardless, the Lizardfolk woman doesn't wait for the merchant's approval before she takes the closest rat-ka-bob and begins tearing into it. She watches the odd group of people before her, but she does not speak while eating.

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas giggles. "That settles it," he says. "I am not eating the dirty informer who sold the child of tyranny to the parents of hard knocks impaled on the spear of truth or whatever." He looks curiously and a little apprehensively at the lizard-woman, not having seen many of her kind up close before.

Dekana

Explorer
The lizardfolk stops eating and holds up the rat-stick to look at it. A few moments pass before she hesitantly responds to Kaeysari.

"... Sauce? ... It is dry." (Apparently, the taste does not concern her) She spots a bottle of reddish sauce in the stall and douses her remaining rat meat with it. Meanwhile, the merchant is gingerly adding the coins to his purse, quietly mumbling "What am I supposed to do with these?"

Before continuing with her meal, the woman points to herself with the kabob and speaks nervously. "I'm, er, eh... Toeto." She then cocks her head at Papolstaanas and speaks directly to him. "You are a kobold."

CaBaNa

First Post
Everyday recently, like clockwork. Can't you people take this somewhere else... An elderly human woman scowls, she stops near the forming group of spectators. Never been this big though, or that nasty...

She holds a basket full of flowers, some in bunches and others singular. I don't suppose any of you would be interested in flowers? The cheery smile of a salesperson alighting her face for a moment. Life's short, as currently visible everyday, outside of this particular tavern. Remember to stop and smell the flowers, keep a bouquet near and dear, to give your life cheer. A mere copper a single, and a steal at one platinum a bakers dozen.

Upon closer inspection the flowers seems fresh and vibrant, unlike the woman carrying the basket. She attempts to hand a flower to anyone making eye contact, holding her other hand out at the same time, making the universal motion for "pay me".

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Before continuing with her meal, the woman points to herself with the kabob and speaks nervously. "I'm, er, eh... Toeto." She then cocks her head at Papolstaanas and speaks directly to him. "You are a kobold."

"I'm Papolstaanas," says Papolstaanas. He thought that the woman was a dragonborn at first, but she seems to have a tail, which makes her more like a giant kobold, really, only there aren't any giant kobolds, are there? Are there? Papolstaanas rather thought there weren't but now he isn't sure. And come to think of it, it seems horribly unfair for the gods to have created both big kobolds and tiny ones, because what if you have the misfortune to have been born a tiny one, like him, always getting stepped on or backed into or bullied or ignored, especially by those arrogant dragonborn, when if you were huge like this woman you could just punch that stupid dragonborn right in the nose and give him what for?

And now the woman is looking at him strangely because he is staring at her while lost in his thoughts, and that's another problem with having giant kobolds, isn't it, because what if he happened to meet a woman that he actually liked and she was a giant?

CaBaNa

First Post
The elderly flower saleswoman notices the kobold ogling the reptilian female, Flowers say it best dear, better smelling and tasting than rat. Buy a flower for the after the slightest of pauses to search for the right word, the woman continues lady, she'll adore it.

Remove ads