Around the Corner from the Hanged Man

CaBaNa

First Post
Sure you do, the elderly woman attempts to hand one of the single flowers to Toeto, from the strapping young gentleman with the fine looking scales.

Luinnar

First Post
The Hyakunichisou, I believe you call it Zinnia. It is a symbol of loyalty in the Empire of Jade. Usually given to ones lord, family or friends. Kaz says, picking up the flower and paying the women.

CaBaNa

First Post
The woman spins quickly away from Toeto, giving up the flower instantly to the customer holding out coinage.

What a connoisseur of fine flowers, the woman curtsies while accepting the money, Thank you for your business, tell everyone about Fiona's Flowers, finest floral bouquets in all Daunton.

Just as quickly as her hand empties, another flower fills it, and she begins hard selling to the spectators once again.

Dekana

Explorer
...better smelling and tasting than rat.
Toeto leans over to sniff the flower. She then backs away suddenly, startled by something. She breathes... then, breathes, then... ACHOO! She wipes her nostrils and then addresses Kaz.

"I know it as well. It is a rare sight in the swamps. We call it the Many Suns flower, as it does not grow in shadows."

Toeto is a little disappointed when the flower is snatched away from her. She glances at the tall kobold again, still trying to figure him out. He certainly seems nervous about something. Perhaps he is worried about hierarchy? She speaks more reservedly to him. "It's... that is, do not worry. You do need to offer any, umm, gift.."

Mewness

First Post
"I wasn't offering a gift!" Papolstaanas retorts, more emphatically than he intended, and immediately starts babbling. "I mean, that is, I don't mean to say that I wouldn't give gifts if the occasion called for it, which the occasion of standing around on the street while a bunch of people around the corner try to, try to kill each other certainly doesn't, at least I never heard of a culture in which that was an occasion for gift giving, just taking bets maybe, but, um, what was I saying? ... About gifts? I mean don't mean to say that you're unworthy of gifts or anything, but I'm--I'm not--why do people always think--" He catches his friend Kaeysari's eye and gives her a pleading "help me!" sort of look. "I need something to drink," Papolstaanas mutters, and starts fumbling with his pack.

Mewness

First Post
"Why does everyone think I must be in love with any woman I meet who's scaly?" Papolstaanas says angrily. He deepens his voice affectedly. "'You are a kobold.' Nobody says 'you are a kobold' unless they're about to tell me to get out of their neighborhood or accuse me of stealing their purse." He finds a rather flabby waterskin in his backpack and takes a gulp.

Dekana

Explorer
Toeto looks away from Papolstaanas, avoiding eye contact. Love? she repeats mentally.

"That is, ah, not what how I meant it. I have heard much of kobolds, but not seen one. You are like a long-lost cousin." The lizardfolk pats at a belt-pouch at her side, opens it, and looks inside. "And you did not steal anything from me." She smiles weakly.

Mostly to change the subject, Toeto points at the brawl happening just on the other side of the road. "Why do they fight?"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten takes one of the flowers and stares at it in (blessed) silence for several long seconds before calling out in a brassy baritone:

WHAT IS IN A SYMBOLIC REFERENCE LINK? THAT WHICH PERSONS CONCEIVE TO LABEL "A ROSE"

WITH ANY OTHER MONIKER WOULD EXPRESS THE SAME ODORS TO THE OLFACTORY SENSES;

SO SIR EXSIXTEN, SHOULD SIR EXSIXTEN BE ADDRESSED BY A MORE AWESOME TITLE,

CONTINUE TO HOLD DEAR THE PERFECTION INHERENT IN HIS PROGRAMMING AND CONSTRUCTION

DESPITE EXTERNAL METHODS OF ADDRESS. SIR EXSIXTEN, GENERATE A NEW APPELLATION EVEN MORE WORTHY

AND FOR THE OLD REFERENCE LINK WHICH IS AN ARBITRARILY DEVISED PRONOUN REPLACEMENT FOR 'IT'

COME GET SOME.

Remove ads