Around the Corner from the Hanged Man

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten puts his axe away and pats Papolstaanas on the head. OF COURSE YOU AREN'T A GHOST. THE NECROMANCER MANIFESTED YOU. SIR EXSIXTEN WILL REPHRASE HIS ADDRESS TO A HIGHER DEGREE OF PRECISION HENCEFORTH.

REVISE TARGET REFERENCE LINK: GHOST LIZARD - EX-GHOST LIZARD + PAPO... <ERROR, REFERENCE LINK EXCEEDS NAMEOLOGY BUFFER LENGTH, 20 BITS BITTEN>

EX-GHOST LIZARD PAPO, SIR EXSIXTEN WILL NO LONGER PROCLAIM THY SYMBOLIC IDENTITY LABEL INCORRECTLY. BY THE LORDS OF AWESOME, HE SHALL NOT!

Mewness

First Post
REVISE TARGET REFERENCE LINK: GHOST LIZARD - EX-GHOST LIZARD + PAPO... <ERROR, REFERENCE LINK EXCEEDS NAMEOLOGY BUFFER LENGTH, 20 BITS BITTEN>

EX-GHOST LIZARD PAPO, SIR EXSIXTEN WILL NO LONGER PROCLAIM THY SYMBOLIC IDENTITY LABEL INCORRECTLY. BY THE LORDS OF AWESOME, HE SHALL NOT!
"But--" Papolstaanas starts to insist that he is in fact a living person and always has been, but then the thought pops into his head that of course he hasn't always been a living person, he's only been alive since he was born, and he can't really say what he was before then, can he, assuming that he even existed at all. Which is a pretty weird thing to think about. But perhaps he was a ghost before he was a person, and so he really is an ex-ghost. But if that's true then everyone is an ex-ghost, aren't they, except of course for the people who are currently ghosts. Which means that calling someone an ex-ghost is rather redundant, especially if the information that the person is an ex-ghost takes up room that could be better spent remembering that the person's name is Papolstaanas.

But it doesn't seem very worthwhile to try to explain this to Sir Exsixten, so Papolstaanas speaks diffidently to the dwarf who has just arrived. "We don't know what's the matter," he says. "The-the tavern is usually open a-and nobody knows what the fight is about."

Mogwaimon

First Post
But it doesn't seem very worthwhile to try to explain this to Sir Exsixten, so Papolstaanas speaks diffidently to the dwarf who has just arrived. "We don't know what's the matter," he says. "The-the tavern is usually open a-and nobody knows what the fight is about."

"A right shame, that..." the dwarf replies, raising a hand to stroke his chin as he spoke. "I'd join the fight, but it doesn't seem like there's money in it, and my bones are dyin' for some lager."

The dwarf seems to size up the fight anyways, trying to pick any noble-looking or rich people in the throng. He sighs, and continues, "Right, that does it. I suppose some introductions are in order. I'm known as Rolf Deathaxe, of the Valley o' Bone. What're you called, lizard thing? And what in blazes is that metal contraption you got followin' you around there, he your pet or summat?"

Mewness

First Post
"I'm Papolstaanas," replies the kobold, after a pause in which he decides that "lizard thing," while not exactly friendly, is at least not as unfriendly as it could be. "You're from the Valley of Bone? You know what, Kaeysari and Jynxx and I--Kaeysari is the woman right over there, with the glaive, and Jynxx is that fellow there who won't stop smiling--anyway we just got back from the Isle of Opposition, and we almost went to the Valley of Bone from the portal there, and it's such a shame we didn't because Kaeysari and I really would have liked to see it, but then it seemed like it would take too long, and we had all these things to do--" and here Papolstaanas begins a rather incoherent narrative that seems to involve fighting a great many people and snakes and people-that-are-in-fact-snakes while trying to figure out what kind of food liches like, but the order of events gets so scrambled that it is pretty much impossible to figure out what actually went on.

Mogwaimon

First Post
"I'm Papolstaanas," replies the kobold, after a pause in which he decides that "lizard thing," while not exactly friendly, is at least not as unfriendly as it could be. "You're from the Valley of Bone? You know what, Kaeysari and Jynxx and I--Kaeysari is the woman right over there, with the glaive, and Jynxx is that fellow there who won't stop smiling--anyway we just got back from the Isle of Opposition, and we almost went to the Valley of Bone from the portal there, and it's such a shame we didn't because Kaeysari and I really would have liked to see it, but then it seemed like it would take too long, and we had all these things to do--" and here Papolstaanas begins a rather incoherent narrative that seems to involve fighting a great many people and snakes and people-that-are-in-fact-snakes while trying to figure out what kind of food liches like, but the order of events gets so scrambled that it is pretty much impossible to figure out what actually went on.

Rolf holds up a gnarled hand, a faint smile on his face that doesn't extend to his eyes. "Hold your horses, kiddo, I can't make heads or tails of what ye're babblin' on about, but it sounds like you went through a lot. The Valley only would have detained you further, there's lots o' rotten corpses walkin' around that may take issue with outsiders, amongst other savage elements. Still, ta me it was home..." At this he grows silent, and his brow furrows as he tries to remember something...then he comes back to life again.

"Well, under any circumstances it's nice ta meet ya three. Forgive me if I fail to remember your names, my memory isn't quite what it used to be. So what are you three, sellswords? It's good ta meet others in the business, although ye hardly look the part."

Mewness

First Post
"Well, under any circumstances it's nice ta meet ya three. Forgive me if I fail to remember your names, my memory isn't quite what it used to be. So what are you three, sellswords? It's good ta meet others in the business, although ye hardly look the part."
"Oh, no. I mean, that is, yes, I guess so, but actually, that trip to the Isle of Opposition was the first thing--the first thing of that sort I've ever done, and..." Papolstaanas pauses, glancing at his friends with a slightly guilty expression. His voice falls to a sort of mumble. "I'm not sure that I, that I'm really cut out for it, actually."

BenBrown

First Post
"You did just fine," Kaeysari says to Papolstaanas.
"Really, he did just fine. He held up his end as well as any of us. He was very helpful when I wandered into a nest of snakes. I've been a soldier for years, so I'm supposed to be good at fighting, but Papolstaanas has natural talent. He's a lot tougher on the battlefield than he acts here."

Mogwaimon

First Post
"You did just fine," Kaeysari says to Papolstaanas.
"Really, he did just fine. He held up his end as well as any of us. He was very helpful when I wandered into a nest of snakes. I've been a soldier for years, so I'm supposed to be good at fighting, but Papolstaanas has natural talent. He's a lot tougher on the battlefield than he acts here."

Rolf nods, and says "I suppose the old sayin' goes...what, books can be deceiving?Never judge a crook by his cover? Somethin' like that anyway, ye get what I mean. So then where might a fellow mercenary take up a new contract, what with this pub bein' assaulted an' all?"

He then mutters under his breath something about 'that damn book learnin' wasn't normal after all', automatically equating one of his misquotes with truth.

BenBrown

First Post
"We're waiting for the fighting to die down," Kaeysari says. "But there was one woman came along here a short time ago, and she pulled in a few for her latest mission. Right here's probably the best you can do for now."

Mogwaimon

First Post
"We're waiting for the fighting to die down," Kaeysari says. "But there was one woman came along here a short time ago, and she pulled in a few for her latest mission. Right here's probably the best you can do for now."

Rolf murmurs in assent, then crosses his arms and a sour look comes over his face "Well, the least they could do while we wait is serve some bloody ale...with extra hobgoblin" The sour look turns into a wry smile as he thinks he just made a funny joke

OOC: Apparently Valley dwarves have a black sense of humor, so I tried to make a blood joke...however Rolf's not very bright, and mixed up the word hemoglobin with hobgoblin. Of course I'm not even sure that they know what hemoglobin is in this world, but still.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases