4E [Adventure] The Paper Chase, Part 2 (Judge: renau1g) - Page 21
Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 416
  1. #201
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    kal'Tarron

    They appear to be attempting to construct some meager defenses, you see that the men and women here are weary and quite a few are wounded. Most carry crossbows and maces with them. There are also some workers with pickaxes doing their best to help out.

  2. #202
    Alexia smiles warmly as she beckons her companions to come forward, "And, where might we find this Gallar?"

  3. #203
    Member
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729
    OOC: Mythra is looking for the source of the commotion.

  4. #204
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    Quote Originally Posted by rb780nm View Post
    OOC: kal'Tarron is trying to determine what's going on, or looking for anything that seems out of place.

    Whether or not he notices anything, he follows after Alexia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luinnar View Post
    OOC: Mythra is looking for the source of the commotion.
    kal'Tarron/Mythra

    You see no immediate threats, but there is evidence of some sort of pitched battle. Bodies are stacked like cordwood away from the camp, but the members of the camp seem too busy to bury the bodies.


    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBarking View Post
    Alexia smiles warmly as she beckons her companions to come forward, "And, where might we find this Gallar?"
    "He's in there" the right guard says, pointing to a larger tent, which appears to have a handful of arrows sticking to its side.

    "Wait. Don't you find this too convenient? We get attacked at nights and suddenly some newcomers show up. Who are you lady, and who are your friends. How did you find us? What are you doing here?' the left guard says.

    ooc

    Sorry for the delay all. My twins were super sick last week with a sinus infection (104 degree fever for like 3 days) so I didn't sleep much and I'm also crazy at work for another week or so. Anywho, let's get the party going again. Alexia does need to finish at least one adventure

  5. #205
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,696
    "We are just some travelers, hired to assist a man named Derslin. If we meant you any harm, you'd already be lying on the ground gasping your last. It looks like you need some assistance here. If so, we'd probably be willing to help. Your suspicion is understandable, but don't let it get in your way to help those others around you here who are in serious trouble. Instead of just standing here, you could be helping the others. One can still use his eyes to watch while using his hands to work." Grys steps up and replies in his normal blunt manner.

  6. #206
    Member
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729
    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    ooc

    Sorry for the delay all. My twins were super sick last week with a sinus infection (104 degree fever for like 3 days) so I didn't sleep much and I'm also crazy at work for another week or so. Anywho, let's get the party going again. Alexia does need to finish at least one adventure
    OOC: No problem, hope your kids are feeling better.


    Mythra looks at the human scornfully. While he enjoyed Grys speech (at least the part about "If we meant you any harm, you'd already be lying on the ground gasping your last.") he would never admit it. Perhaps the pale bard women would be able to sort this fool out.

  7. #207
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,744
    "We came here to help. We wouldn't be attacking you overnights, we'd level this camp. And it's not like you don't need the help. Don't look a gift worg in the mouth or you might get eaten."

  8. #208
    Alexia's eyes widen in alarm at her allies' threats. She laughs, a little nervously, to the man, "Haha, not like we'd even think of attacking you and your fellows." She punctuates this statement with a quick glare at her companions. "No, but like they say, we are only here to help. As for who I am, I am Alexia Madgearu of Karrnath," she says, the pride in her voice quite noticeable. "We found this place through no means more sinister than the aid of a local guide. You have my word that we have no ill intentions towards you. In fact, we would be more than happy to help you with your apparent problems, if we are able to."

    ooc: Diplomacy + Words of Friendship = 35. Thank you, thank you.

  9. #209
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,696
    Grys takes Alexia's glare in stride "What? You know you were thinking the same thing."

  10. #210
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    The guards appear indignant as the adventurer's display hubris worthy of some epic poem, but Alexia's light touch and convincing words soon have the duo leading the party through the camp.

    You are led to the large tent, and one of the guards holds the flaps open while the other leads you inside. The tent is large, but was likely never intended for this large of a group of people, especially with a giant of a man, but you all squeeze into the area.

    A thin, wiry man with scraggly blonde hair and heavy stubble looks up at you from an open book, his fingers inkstained and his grey eyes are haunted and nervous.

    "Who are you?" the man demands

    "Sir, these people say they can help" the guard mutters, a smile coming to the thin man's face at the mention of help.

    "I'd offer you a seat, but there's far too many for that. Ok, so I'm sure my associates already asked you what you were doing way up here, but maybe you can let me know" the man says, the party mentions looking for Derslin, he nods, then waves away the guard.

    He leans in close and begins to whisper, "How do you know that name?" he asks.

    ooc

    Well good news, bad news time. The good news, my twins are feeling better, bad news, the 3 month old and my wife are both now sick.

    At least work should slow down next week.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
    By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
    Replies: 616
    Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 03:27 AM
  2. Replies: 178
    Last Post: Wednesday, 10th November, 2010, 06:44 PM
  3. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
    By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
    Replies: 688
    Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 04:35 PM
  4. Second Day of Mourning (Part II; Judge: Renau1g)
    By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
    Replies: 276
    Last Post: Tuesday, 13th July, 2010, 08:16 PM
  5. (Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel
    By Kahuna Burger in forum Living EN World
    Replies: 360
    Last Post: Tuesday, 17th August, 2004, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •