Proposal: remove option to create a character with a spreadsheet

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Hmm, would it ruin the whole point of the spreadsheet if we required a wiki summary, but the math could be presented on the spreadsheet? I mean, we don't have an "official" way of presenting the math; there's just the way nearly everyone does it. There would be some redundant typing, but it would result an easy-to-read summary for DMs and judges while not requiring the player to fill out the same numbers a dozen times.

Voda Vosa

First Post
That's a capital suggestion. Filling the summary is easy, and the power descriptions can be copy pasted from the spreadsheets.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I loathe using PCs that have the spreadsheet. I appreciate all the work SC and others did, but it makes it a huge PITA to actually do anything with PCs there.

Requiring a summary of the powers would solve that for me (as I don't care about the math part when just running combats).

renau1g

First Post
I agree sg, the summary is the important part. The math is that part I really don't care too much about. I can usually figure out without even looking at the math part. It's only if something looks out of line do I comb a bit deeper into the math for explanation.

Tenchuu

First Post
I can live with this solution; it meets most of the concerns (and all of the ones that effect me as DM)

Updated Proposal: Require that players who opt to use the spreadsheet format include the Wiki format summary on their Wiki page, along with the link to the spreadsheet for checking the math.

Justification:
- makes DM's job way, way easier by having a uniform format for all of the really vital combat information
- should make judging somewhat easier

(TBH: If the boards would let me, I'd give you experience. Great suggestion.)

renau1g

First Post
i can live with this solution; it meets most of the concerns (and all of the ones that effect me as dm)

updated proposal: require that players who opt to use the spreadsheet format include the wiki format summary on their wiki page, along with the link to the spreadsheet for checking the math.

Justification:
- makes dm's job way, way easier by having a uniform format for all of the really vital combat information
- should make judging somewhat easier

(tbh: If the boards would let me, i'd give you experience. Great suggestion.)

yes

renau1g

First Post
Let's see.... [MENTION=6078]garyh[/MENTION], [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION], [MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION], [MENTION=79620]Ozymandias79[/MENTION], [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases