Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

pacdidj

First Post
The ocean breeze seems to pick up, swirling around Salgyn as the half-elf picks himself up from the ground, a calm, unfazed expression on his face. Yishim feels himself bolstered by the wind's support.

Drawing his scimitar from the sheath on his sash, Salgyn cries, "Shoodah!," as he strikes the blade with what looks like an ornamental riding crop in his other hand, causing the blade to ring surprisingly loudly with a tone that continues to shimmer as the wind blows over the blades edge. As the sword pulses with sound, the wind intensifies on the western side of the beach, kicking up a small twister of dust the upper half of which coalesces into the shape of a stallion which rears up in front of two of the zombies, its teeth bared and its hooves kicking wildly.

[sblock=Spirit's Fangs]The first rerisen to leave a square adjacent to Salgyn's spirit companion without shifting will trigger the following OA: :melee:+8 vs. Reflex, 1d10+3 dmg[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Free=:close:Virtue of Valor = 4 THP for Yishim

Start
=

Move= Stand from prone

Minor= Draw Scimitar

Standard= :close:Call Spirit Companion to J2 (threatening Hulk and RRD2)

End=

[sblock=stat block]Salgyn Khovalyg - Half-Elf Bard (Shaman) 1
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Salgyn_Khovalyg_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 21, Init: +3
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 15, Will: 19
Speed: 5
HP: 23/43, Bloodied: 21, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Harmonic Songblade Scimitar +4 vs AC, 1d8 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: none
At Will:
Staggering Note, War Song Strike, Call Spirit Companion, Virtue of Valor Versatile Chainmail
Encounter:
Twin Panthers, Dissonant Strain, Claws of the Eagle, Spirits Fangs, Majestic Word, Majestic Word, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Daily:
Stirring Shout, Speak with Spirits, Nature Sense, Harmonic Songblade, Spring Renewal Totem
Combat notes:

Uyanmas - Riding Horse
HP: 36/36; AC: 14, Fort: 15, Ref: 13, Will: 10
Speed: 10
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Kick +4 vs. AC, 1d6+4 dmg
Combat notes: outside combat[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: 4 THP is available each round from Salgyn's Virtue of Valor if anyone bloodies or knocks an enemy out. I'll give it to whoever speaks up for it or seems like they need it most.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Round 2

Up on the switchback, the few dead surviving after Scarm's spell attack Fredrock and Sprout, to little effect. The beasts on the cliff face leap from the walls, one slamming into a one of the militia's shields, the other scrabbling at Toeto.

The Ravens descend on Fredrock and the militia around him, swirling about them, pecking and tearing at any opening.

Meanwhile three ghostly whisps float down the cliff face, towards the fight...

On the beach, Eithal smashes the first of the dead to approach before being swarmed by ravens while the others flail at Salgyn's summoned spirit stallion ineffectively. On the other side of the beach, Kaz gets hammered into the surf by a brutal hit from another of the dead while the Beasts leap from the cliff walls at Salgyn and Yishim.

GM: So, not sure where to look, can you push Conjurations(specifically spirit companions?)

[sblock=Militia's Attack]Spear: 1d20+7=16 AC vs Rerisen Dead 1, hit.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions, Switchback]Rerisen Dead 1: Rerise: Success. Slam(-2 prone): 13 AC vs Fredrock, miss.
Rerisen Dead 3: Rerise: Fail. Dead.
Rerisen Dead 5: Slam: 13 AC vs Sprout, miss.

Rerisen Hulk 1: Move, charge to J3, Slam(+1 charge): 9 AC vs Fredrock, miss.

Rerisen Beast 1: Move, Pounce: Jump to L6, Claw(+2 CA): 27 AC vs Milita 2, hit, 5 damage, taken by Fredrock, reduced to 1, Claw(+2 CA): 15 AC vs Militia 2, miss.
Rerisen Beast 2: Run, Pounce: Jump to G12, Claw(-5 run): 7 AC vs Toeto, miss, Claw(-5 run): 11 AC, miss.

Rerisen Raven Swarm: Move, Feasting Ravens: Shift through Militia 2, Fredrock, and Militia 1's squares, 14 AC vs Militia 2, CRIT vs Fredrock, 9 damage reduced to 5, 24 AC vs Militia 1, 7 damage taken by Fredrock, reduced to 3, end in J5 1 square up.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants, Switchback]Rerisen Dead 1: I3, dazed, prone
Rerisen Dead 5: K2
Rerisen Dead: Minion, 14 AC, 14 Fort, 12 Ref, 12 Will, Resist 10 Necrotic. MBA - Slam: +6 vs AC, 5 damage and push 1.
Rerisen Dead Destroyed: 6

Rerisen Hulk 1: J3, 19 damage taken, bloodied, marked(Fredrock)
Rerisen Hulk: 36 Max HP, 15 AC, 14 Fort, 11 Ref, 12 Will, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Radiant. MBA - Slam: +6 vs AC, 2d6+3 damage and push 2.

Rerisen Beast 1: L6
Rerisen Beast 2: G12
Rerisen Beast: 28 Max HP, 14 AC, 13 Fort, 14 Ref, 11 Will, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Radiant. MBA - Claw: +6 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage.

Rerisen Raven Swarm: J5(1 square up)
Rerisen Raven Swarm: 34 Max HP, 16 AC, 12 Fort, 14 Ref, 13 Will, 1/2 damage from melee/ranged, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Burst/Blast/Radiant. MBA - Beaks and Talons: +7 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage + 1d4 Necrotic damage. Winged Pestilence: Any creature that ends its turn adjacent to a swarm takes 5 Necrotic damage.

Rerise: If any Rerisen creature is reduced to 0 hp by anything but radiant or critical damage, it makes a saving throw at the start of its next turn. On success, it gains 1 hp and is dazed until the start of its next turn.

Death Mote 1: P6(10 squares up)
Death Mote 2: P13(10 squares up)
Death Mote 3: N16(10 squares up)

Fredrock: J4, 10 damage taken, DR4, 5 Necrotic damage if ends in Raven's zone
Scarm: F8, 16 damage taken
Toeto: F12, 8 damage taken

Militia 1: I5, dazed, 5 Necrotic damage if ends in Raven's zone
Militia 2: K5, dazed, 5 Necrotic damage if ends in Raven's zone
Militia 3: F10, dazed
Militia 4: E11, dazed
Militia 5: E13, dazed
Militia 6: C13, dazed
Militia 7: D15, dazed
Militia 8: A15, dazed
Militia 9: C16, dazed
Militia: Minion, 16 AC, 13 Fort, 13 Ref, 11 Will, Resist 10 Necrotic. MBA - Spear: +7 vs AC, 4 damage.
Militia killed: 3

Status Key:
Name: Location, damage, EONT/SONT effect, Encounter effect[/sblock]

[sblock=Militia]As a minor action, you may give the militia a command, either a minor, move, or standard action. If they leave the right side of the map, they are out of the fight.

As a free action, you make take the damage for an adjacent Militia or, alternatively, when you take damage, you make make the Militia take it for you.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions, Beach]Rerisen Dead 1: Move <Charged by Eithal: H.M.s roll, hit, "dead">
Rerisen Dead 2: Slam: 9 AC vs Spirit Companion, miss.
Rerisen Dead 3: Move, charge to I13, Slam(+1 charge): 16 AC vs Kaz, miss.

Rerisen Hulk 1: Slam: 26 AC vs Spirit Companion, hit, 10 damage, no effect.
Rerisen Hulk 2: Move, charge to J13, Slam(+1 charge): CRIT, 15 damage and push 2.

Rerisen Beast 1: Move, Pounce: Jump to K7, Claw: 10 AC vs Salgyn, miss, Claw: 19 AC vs Salgyn, hit, 4 damage.
Rerisen Beast 2: Move, Pounce: Jump to L12, Claw: CRIT vs Yishim, 6 damage, Claw: 8 AC vs Yishim, miss.

Rerisen Raven Swarm: Fly, charge to H4 1 square up, Beaks to Talons: 11 AC, miss.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants, Beach]Rerisen Dead 1: H3, "dead"
Rerisen Dead 2: K1
Rerisen Dead 3: I13
Rerisen Dead: Minion, 14 AC, 14 Fort, 12 Ref, 12 Will, Resist 10 Necrotic. MBA - Slam: +6 vs AC, 5 damage and push 1.

Rerisen Archers Destroyed: 1

Rerisen Hulk 1: I1
Rerisen Hulk 2: J13, 16 damage taken
Rerisen Hulk: 36 Max HP, 15 AC, 14 Fort, 11 Ref, 12 Will, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Radiant. MBA - Slam: +6 vs AC, 2d6+3 damage and push 2.

Rerisen Beast 1: K7
Rerisen Beast 2: L12
Rerisen Beast: 28 Max HP, 14 AC, 13 Fort, 14 Ref, 11 Will, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Radiant. MBA - Claw: +6 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage.

Rerisen Raven Swarm: H4(1 square up)
Rerisen Raven Swarm: 34 Max HP, 16 AC, 12 Fort, 14 Ref, 13 Will, 1/2 damage from melee/ranged, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Burst/Blast/Radiant. MBA - Beaks and Talons: +7 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage + 1d4 Necrotic damage. Winged Pestilence: Any creature that ends its turn adjacent to a swarm takes 5 Necrotic damage.

Rerise: If any Rerisen creature is reduced to 0 hp by anything but radiant or critical damage, it makes a saving throw at the start of its next turn. On success, it gains 1 hp and is dazed until the start of its next turn.

Eithal: H10, 12 damage taken, 5 Necrotic damage if ends in Raven's zone
Yishim: L11, 15 damage taken, bloodied
Salgyn: J8, 24 damage taken, bloodied
Kaz: I12, 35 damage taken, bloodied

Status Key:
Name: Location, damage, EONT/SONT effect, Encounter effect[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]The cliffs are rocky, sheer, and damp - DC 20 Athletics(climb).

The rocky outcroppings on the beach in the lower left of the map are 1 square up and take a DC 15 Athletics check to climb.

On the beach, the water in lines F and E is difficult terrain and if you end your turn in one of those squares, the water slides you to line G. Beyond line E you must swim.

To get from one map to the other, requires leaving the right side of the map, then moving 40 mores squares to arrive at the right side of the other map. Alternatively, the cliff face is 8 squares high from the beach to the switchback where the party is.[/sblock]

Attachments

• SwitchbackRound2.jpg
    SwitchbackRound2.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 90
  • BeachRound2.jpg
    BeachRound2.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 98

Mewness

First Post
OOC: The most comprehensive treatment of spirit companions is in Dragon #387, and I don't think it mentions forced movement. I think that the rules for conjurations in the PH2 (page 220)--"Unless an attack specifically targets conjurations, only the attack's damage (not including ongoing damage) affects the conjuration" (emphasis mine) suggest that forced movement doesn't work on the companion.

Luinnar

First Post
You have not killed Himura Kazuhira yet creatures of shadow! Kaz yells running forward and swinging his giant axe, slicing into the hulk.

[sblock=actions]
Minor:Oath Hulk J13
Move:J12
Standard: Overwhelming Strike vs Hulk, 18 vs AC, hit 14 damage
Kaz shifts to J11, Hulk is slid into J12.

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 3, bloodied
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low Light
AC:20+2, Fort:14+2, Reflex:15+2, Will:16+2
HP: 5/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +5 vs AC, 1d12+2 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Aspect of Might
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1
Deathscarred boon

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.
If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)
Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
OOC: Red Avenger is about to die! Also, Kaz will take that THP if you don't mind. :)

This Spirit Shaman FAQ might help.
Can my SC be pushed, pulled, slid, slowed, stunned, dazed, blinded, deafened, petrified, or take ongoing damage?

A; No. It can only be damaged and only you can move it according to the rules on page 120 of PHB2. If it takes 10 + 1/2 your level in damage then it is dismissed and you take damage equal to 5 +1/2 your level

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: Didn't see them move, so I assume Militia #2 is still in K5 (as is listed in combatants, but is in I4 on the map).
Also, are the militia still dazed?

Those are new...Bah, they are too far away to worry about yet, but these ravens are close enough now...but with a bit more of an angle...You, move with me now
Fredrock says as he assesses the situation, repositioning himself, drawing his weapon and swinging with all his strength at the undead, knocking them back with the ferocity of the blow.

[sblock=tactics]Someone move the Militia in I5 to J4, adjacent to me, and not adjacent to the Swarm that is now in I6 so I can take his damage and he doesn't get hit by that Aura.[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
Move: Shif to K4
Minor: Draw Weapon
Standard: using 2 PP, :close:Bull's Strength blast 3, getting Hulk, Swarm and RRD1 in the blast.
(blast covers from H3 to J5, targets enemies in blast)
Hulk, 15 damage (34 total) pushed to I2 (is that a cliff edge?)
RRD, 15 damage (dead) pused to H2 (definitely a cliff edge)
Swarm 15+5 damage (20 total), Push to I6

Will take any damage for Adjacent Militia
Will resist any pushes by the undead
[/sblock]
[sblock=Fredrock]
Marked: RRH1

Will take any damage for Adjacent Militia
Will resist any pushes by the undead

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 3
Passive Perception: +15, Passive Insight: +20 Senses: Low-Light
Init +0, Speed:5
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:18
HP 35/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:13/13
Action Points: 1/1, Power points 2/4
Powers-
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
Blurred Step link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link

Item powers
deathscarred boon link
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +7 vs AC, 1d10+4 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA -0 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Fredrock: Toeto moved the militia on the last turn, so its position on the map is right. And Bull's Strength targets creatures, not enemies. Won't you kill two of the militia if you do that?

pacdidj

First Post
Seeing Kaz struggling to hold his ground against the crushing blows of the undead, Salgyn ignores the beast that is harrying him for the moment. Stepping back, he drops into a centered stance, and begins once again to chant in the undulating style you heard back on the docks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2DxJMuftBI"]Borbangnadyr Chanting[/ame]

As he does so, the winds on the beach intensify even further, and Kaz feels himself bolstered with renewed energy as his nostrils fill with the refreshing sea breeze. Then, intending to capitalize on the winds force by sending a gust to knock back the beast hounding Yishim, Salgyn begins to swing his blade in an underhanded arc, but its edge glances off a rock, breaking the half-elf's concentration and damping the blustery energy he had hoped to channel.

[sblock=Spirit's Fangs]The first enemy to leave a square adjacent to Salgyn's spirit companion without shifting will trigger the following OA: :melee:+8 vs. Reflex, 1d10+3 dmg[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Free (Kaz's Turn)=:close:Virtue of Valor = 4 THP for Kaz

Start
=

Move= Shift to K9, SC remains in place

Minor= :close:Majestic Word = Kaz gets Surge +5 = 15 HP

Standard= :ranged:Staggering Note vs. Beast 2 = miss (terrible roll) :(

End=

[sblock=stat block]Salgyn Khovalyg - Half-Elf Bard (Shaman) 1
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Salgyn_Khovalyg_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 21, Init: +3
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 15, Will: 19
Speed: 5
HP: 19/43, Bloodied: 21, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Harmonic Songblade Scimitar +4 vs AC, 1d8 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: none
At Will:
Staggering Note, War Song Strike, Call Spirit Companion, Virtue of Valor Versatile Chainmail
Encounter:
Twin Panthers, Dissonant Strain, Claws of the Eagle, Spirits Fangs, Majestic Word, Majestic Word, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Daily:
Stirring Shout, Speak with Spirits, Nature Sense, Harmonic Songblade, Spring Renewal Totem
Combat notes:

Uyanmas - Riding Horse
HP: 36/36; AC: 14, Fort: 15, Ref: 13, Will: 10
Speed: 10
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Kick +4 vs. AC, 1d6+4 dmg
Combat notes: outside combat area[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: 4 THP is available each round from Salgyn's Virtue of Valor if anyone bloodies or knocks an enemy out. I'll give it to whoever speaks up for it or seems like they need it most.

Mewness

First Post
"What the hayell whuz thayat!?" Eithal shakes the ringing out of her ears and stands up.
"I'm afraid that was me," Scarmiglione calls apologetically. "And you had best prepare yourself for another." There is a brief pause, followed by another teeth-rattling "SQUAWK!"

On the beach, the beast and the hulk are engulfed in a shower of blue-white sparks, soon replaced by a spreading wave of blue flames.

"And you had best stay near the dwarf," Scarmiglione says to the militia.

[sblock=actions]Standard: blazing starfall centered on K13 on the beach. Hulk 2, then beast 2. 1d20+8=11 1d20+8=19 1d4+10=14 Hulk is destroyed, beast takes 14+5 vuln = 19 radiant.

ZONE from J12 to L14 until EoNT: any enemy leaving the zone takes 2 fire.

Move > Minor: Militia moves from I4 to L4

Minor: Militia shifts from I5 to J4[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:18; Resist 5 psychic
HP:23/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 1
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Second Wind

Shocking Magnetism
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions:

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]
OOC: Edit--DM: in the statblocks you show the militia as having resist 10 necrotic. I assume this is a copy/paste error :)

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=Mewness]Thanks Mewness! My bad. I was worried there was going to be some huge retcon, hehe.[/sblock][sblock=tactics]I'm going to try to get my spirit companion to the beach next turn for some support - I think Fred and Scar are doing just fine up here. Those death motes sound nasty, but Toeto is a pure healer and all the injured are on the beach.[/sblock][sblock=Xeterog]Fredrock can shift 2 squares as a free action, if you'd like. Mewness managed to post before I could, or I would have given you temp hp instead.[/sblock]

Toeto's ghostly basilisk adds to the kenku's ruckus by howling once again. To the nearby undead, the cry is a nearly-physical assault of angered spirits. But for Fredrock and the militia, it sounds more like an energizing call to battle.

Toeto herself backs away from the approaching beast and looks over the cliff. They're... they're still alive! She shakes her root-like totem briefly, and her spirit companion disappears from the cliff. "Watch my back," she commands to the nearby militia.

[sblock=Toeto stats/actions][sblock=actions]Move: Toeto shifts to E12, and Sprout moves to J3. Is E12 good enough to see onto the beach for next turn?

Standard: Voice of Battle vs Hulk (I2). If the Hulk is already dead by going over the cliff, Sprout can instead attack the RRD (K2). Either way, it hits Will 13 for 7 psychic damage. Effect: Fredrock can shift 2 squares as a free action if he wants.

Minor: Call Spirit Companion to dismiss Sprout.[/sblock][sblock=Spirit's Shield OA]Toeto can take OAs through her spirit companion if an enemy adjacent to it moves without shifting. The power is At-Will, +6 vs Reflex, 4 damage, and Effect: one ally within 5 squares of the companion regains 5hp (8 if adjacent to the SC).

Toeto does take damage for adjacent militia if she can... unless it would push her off the cliff.[/sblock]Toeto - Female Lizardfolk Shaman 3
Initiative +3, Senses: Insight +5, Perception +10; low-light vision
HP 30/38; Bloodied 19, Surge Value 9, Surges 10/10
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 17
Speed 5
Action Points 1

Conditions

Powers
Call Spirit Companion, Protecting Strike, Spirit's Shield, Voice of Battle
Certain Threat, Healing Spirit x2, Lizardfolk Recovery, Speak with Spirits, Spring Renewal Strike
Hungry Spirits Totem, Protective Roots, Spirit of the Healing Flood

Notes
Any ally adjacent to Toeto's spirit companion regains +3 additional hit points when he or she uses second wind or when Toeto uses a healing power on him or her.

[sblock=Spirit Companion rules]The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 11 or more damage from a single blow, and Toeto takes 6 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Toeto's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • It can move 5 squares whenever Toeto takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases