Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: It's a zone in which enemies have -2 to hit (but it's now pretty irrelevant)
OOC: Thanks :)

Unsure of what Eithal just said, Kaz nevertheless rushes up to the last remaining dead, slicing it with his axe with one fluid motion. He hopes his friends destroy the two bodies before the come back, he wanted to get to the tower quickly.

[sblock=actions]
Minor:Oath Rerisen J9
Move:J8
Standard:Overwhelming Strike 25 vs AC. Hit it is "dead"

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 3, bloodied
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low Light
AC:20+2, Fort:14+2, Reflex:15+2, Will:16+2
HP: 4+12/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:8/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +5 vs AC, 1d12+2 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Aspect of Might
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1
Deathscarred boon

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.
If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)
Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)
[/sblock][/sblock]

The magical barrier which caught the undead's charge convinces Yishim that his place is not in direct combat. He steps backwards and fails to land an illusory bolt of energy on his assailant.

I've killed this one several times; perhaps another will have better luck keeping him down.

[sblock=Actions]Immediate Interrupt on enemy's slam: Shield (thanks Iron Sky)
Move: Shift to L8
Standard: Phantom Bolt misses vs. RRD 1S in L6 (1d20+7=9)[/sblock][sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 3
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:18, Will:17, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:14/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Chilling Cloud, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Phantom Chasm, Orb of Unintended Consequences, Brooch of Shielding[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Toeto walks cliffside and looks over the beach once again. She instructs Sprout to return to his intangible spirit form, transfers him to the shore, and then calls him back to the physical world. He appears next to the undead that Kaz just felled (in K6). The process takes some amount of time however, and the basilisk is too late to assist in the latest wave of attacks.

[sblock=Toeto stats/actions][sblock=actions]Minor: Call Spirit Companion to dismiss Sprout.

Move: Toeto walks to G7.

Minor: Call Spirit Companion: Sprout appears in K6.[/sblock][sblock=Spirit's Shield OA]Toeto can take OAs through her spirit companion if an enemy adjacent to it moves without shifting. The power is At-Will, +6 vs Reflex, 4 damage, and Effect: one ally within 5 squares of the companion regains 5 hp (8 if adjacent to the SC).[/sblock]Toeto - Female Lizardfolk Shaman 3
Initiative +3, Senses: Insight +5, Perception +10; low-light vision
HP 30/38; Bloodied 19, Surge Value 9, Surges 10/10
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 17
Speed 5
Action Points 0

Conditions
Regeneration 2 while bloodied until end of encounter

Powers
Call Spirit Companion, Protecting Strike, Spirit's Shield, Voice of Battle
Certain Threat, Healing Spirit x2, Lizardfolk Recovery, Speak with Spirits, Spring Renewal Strike
Hungry Spirits Totem, Protective Roots, Spirit of the Healing Flood

Notes
Any ally adjacent to Toeto's spirit companion regains +3 additional hit points when he or she uses second wind or when Toeto uses a healing power on him or her.

[sblock=Spirit Companion rules]The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 11 or more damage from a single blow, and Toeto takes 6 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Toeto's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • It can move 5 squares whenever Toeto takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"It appears to be clear up here for now," Scarmiglione calls down to the beach. His voice is still pleasant and well-modulated, even if a little ragged from all the squawking. "But we have a few dead, I'm afraid... And there were some peculiar little floating globules that animated a body instantly. Most disagreeable. I've never seen the like!"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
A short time later, the group are reuniting back on the switchback, the last of the ravens dispersed, the dead littering the beach and rocky path of the steep cliff road.

The militia are sitting against the cliff, some trembling with shock, others weeping, others just staring blankly out at the sea. The Mason shakes her head. "I was afraid something like this might happen. Hopefully that's the worst of it, but I wouldn't wager on it. We should press on when you're ready."

GM: Victory. You guys can take a short rest. You get +5 to each surge spent thanks to Salgyn's Song of Rest. If you all want to post how many surges you've spend by the end of the rest and any Dailies, I'll post afterward so we have an easy place to reference for later.

[sblock=Final Stats]Switchback:
Rerisen Dead destroyed: 8
Rerisen Hulks destroyed
: 1
Rerisen Beasts destroyed
: 2
Rerisen Raven Swarms destroyed: 1
Death Motes destroyed: 3

Fredrock: 15 damage taken
Scarm: 17 damage taken
Toeto: 8 damage taken

Militia survived: 6
Militia lost: 4

Beach:
Rerisen Dead destroyed: 4
Rerisen Archers destroyed: 1
Rerisen Hulks destroyed: 2
Rerisen Beasts destroyed: 2
Rerisen Raven Swarms destroyed: 1

Eithal: 19 damage taken
Yishim: 15 damage taken, bloodied
Salgyn: 24 damage taken, bloodied
Kaz: 28 damage taken, bloodied[/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
Let's regroup quickly and get on to the tower.
[sblock=Fredrock]
I'll end the healing font thing for 11 HP, bringing me almost all the way up, and be down 2 surges.

No dalies used

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 3
Passive Perception: +15, Passive Insight: +20 Senses: Low-Light
Init +0, Speed:5
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:18
HP 41/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:11/13
Action Points: 1/1, Power points 4/4
Powers-
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
Blurred Step link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link

Item powers
deathscarred boon link
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +7 vs AC, 1d10+4 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA -0 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Toeto wipes away the remaining flood-water from her scales. She seems to be taking the deaths as badly as the surviving militia are; she sits staring at the sea for a few minutes, wondering why she couldn't save the men even when she was right next to them.

[sblock=Toeto status]I'll end the healing flood effect as well to gain 11hp. That brings Toeto to full hp with no surges spent.
Dailies used: Spirit of the Healing Flood.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"Is this tower so important?" asks Scarmiglione, strutting over to a higher point on the cliff to admire the view of the ocean. The feathers around his beak, which had somehow become pure black, acquire their touch of white again. "Given the reception we just had, it seems highly unlikely that these people you mentioned are still alive."

[sblock=surges etc]Scarm will spend the healing flood effect to heal 11, then one surge to heal up to maximum. He also changes back to Phase of the Moon.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:18; Resist 5 psychic
HP:39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:6/7
Action Points: 1
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Second Wind

Shocking Magnetism
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions:

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
They must be alive..Cale had holed up there for many days before we came. And Livia is an excellent archer. If they did not survive, the least we can do is recover their remains and provide for a proper burial--but not before eliminating this threat to the area. Fredrock states.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases