Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The next morning the group awakens to a glowing golden light, the nightmare of the previous day like a bad dream.

"Each of you step into the pool and bathe in its golden waters," the voice says. "You will find there something that will aid you."

Eithal steps in to find her old axe, but it glows with new power. As she bathes in the waters, the black raven scar on her body turns into a rising sunburst.

Fredrock's raven scar does likewise, but becomes a golden shield. He reaches into the waters and pulls out a hammer that thrums with psionic energy.

Kaz's raven scar becomes a golden wing. In the waters he finds the butt of his old axe on a golden chain. Its lightest touch energizes Kaz.

Scarm finds a gleaming dagger with a shimmering defensive warding around it. As he comes out of the water, everyone notices that some of his feathers have turned gold.

Toeto enters the waters and finds a mace, its head engraved with the snarling likeness of Sprout. As Toeto emerges from the waters, she seems unchanged but on closer inspection, the underside of all her scales has turned gold, giving her a faint golden glint in any light.

Yishim finds a pair of white gloves inscribed with golden runes. When he rises from the water his veins gleam faintly gold beneath his skin and his eyes have turned gold.

[sblock=Treasure]Magic Items:
Eithal: Maw of the Guardian Greataxe +2(Level 9)
Deathscarred Boon becomes Rebounding Boon - Property: 19-20 crit range vs undead. Property: When Eithal spends a healing surge she may stand up from prone as a free action. Property: When Eithal is healed from 0 hp or less she may spend an additional healing surge.

Fredrock: Manifester Craghammer +2(Level 7)
Deathscarred Boon becomes Steadfast Boon - Property: 19-20 crit range vs undead. Property: While adjacent to 2 or more enemies Fredrock gains +1 to all defenses.

Kaz
: Amulet of Life +1(Level 5)
Deathscarred Boon becomes Unrelenting Boon - Property: 19-20 crit range vs undead. Property: When Kaz uses Oath of Emnity, he may shift 1 square closer to his Oath target as a free action. If he ends that turn adjacent to his Oath target, the target takes 1d4 radiant damage.

Scarm: Rythm Blade Dagger +2(Level 8)
Songmaster's Boon - Property: 19-20 crit range vs undead. Property: +1 to Bluff checks. Confounding Song(Encounter Power, Close Burst 10, Minor Action): Scarm makes a Bluff check against each enemy in the burst; any enemy whose Will Defense he hits grants Combat Advantage until the end of Scarm's turn.

Toeto: Mace of Healing +2(Level 8)
Radiant Spirit Boon - Property: 19-20 crit range vs undead. Property: When Sprout is summoned all enemies adjacent to Toeto take 1 radiant damage and allies adjacent to Sprout gain 1 THP.

Yishim: Resplendent Gloves(Heroic Tier, Level 5)
Deathwalker's Boon - Property: 19-20 crit range vs undead. Property: Yishim does not provoke Opportunity Attacks from undead and may pass through their squares as though they were allies. Property: Yishim gains resist 5 damage against any attack that would reduce him to 0 hp or less.

Time GP:
November 15 to January 31 = 78 days

Eithal, Scarm: 78/365 * 2100 = 449gp
Fredrock, Kaz, Toeto, Yishim: 78/365 * 1524gp = 326gp[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=Iron Sky]
Iron Sky said:
Toeto: Mace of Healing +2(Level 8)
Radiant Spirit Boon - Property: 19-20 crit range vs undead. Property: When Sprout is summoned all adjacent enemies take 1 radiant damage and adjacent allies gain 1 THP.
Thanks! Although I'm actually a little worried that the boon is too good (can't believe I'm saying this). The property sounds awesome for clearing minions.
"Adjacent enemies" - is that adjacent to where Sprout is summoned, or adjacent to Toeto?

Will update my sheet when I get home tonight.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Thanks!

Two questions about the book, does it no longer have the re-rise daily ability?

Also, is it from an offical book, or is it adventure specific? :)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Thanks! Although I'm actually a little worried that the boon is too good (can't believe I'm saying this). The property sounds awesome for clearing minions.
"Adjacent enemies" - is that adjacent to where Sprout is summoned, or adjacent to Toeto?

Will update my sheet when I get home tonight.

GM: Yes, that would have been pretty powerful. When I proof-read it last night, I didn't even notice that adjacent to whom wasn't in there. It was supposed to be defensive for Toeto and a slight buff from Sprout, not a free AoE minion clearer. I fixed it above.

Thanks!

Two questions about the book, does it no longer have the re-rise daily ability?

Also, is it from an offical book, or is it adventure specific? :)

GM: The other boon and all its effects are gone, replaced by your current one.

All the boons are custom.

Dekana's question makes me realize an issue with Kaz's Boon, however. I made a slight adjustment to it.

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione remains completely silent all evening and through the night, although he does open a bottle of wine that he's been carrying and offer it round wordlessly. Whenever there would be occasion for him to speak, he simply stares silently into the golden pool.

[sblock=ooc]Scarm has been updated, although I'm waiting for the awards to be approved before I put links in. Note that he retrained Shocking Magnetism to Blinding Barrage.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:19, Will:18; Resist 5 psychic
HP:44/44, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 1
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Songmaster’s Boon (item)
Second Wind

Blinding Barrage
Thunder Leap
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions: phase of the moon

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: updated PC sheet..will re-update if anything changes

[sblock=Fredrock]

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 5
Passive Perception: +16, Passive Insight: +21 Senses: Low-Light
Init +1, Speed:5
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:17, Will:19
HP 58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:13/13
Action Points: 1/1, Power points 4/4
Powers-
Blurred Step link
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link
:melee:Beckoning Strike link
:melee:Beckoning Strike attack

Item powers
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +11 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA +1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Sheet updated! I'm just shy of level 5, so no expertise feat quite yet.
Healing Spirit is awesome with the new mace! I get the feeling that we'll need the healing. ;)

Toeto swings the new mace gently through the air, admiring its quality. The mace seems light as a feather - or is that only because of pool's curative effects? And will it be enough? She addresses the gold statue that the voice is coming from.

"You... uh, about the council. How can we stop them? The dead s-seem endless."

[sblock=Stat block/Actions][sblock=Actions]...[/sblock]PC:Toeto (Dekana) - L4W Wiki - Female Lizardfolk Shaman 4
Initiative +4, Senses: Insight +6, Perception +11; low-light vision
HP 43/43; Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 10/10
AC 19; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 18
Speed 5
Action Points 1

Conditions

Powers
Spirit's Shield
Call Spirit Companion, Protecting Strike, Voice of Battle
Certain Threat, Healing Spirit x2, Lizardfolk Recovery, Speak with Spirits, Spring Renewal Strike
Hungry Spirits Totem, Protective Roots, Spirit of the Healing Flood

Notes
Any ally adjacent to Toeto's spirit companion regains +3 additional hit points when he or she uses second wind or when Toeto uses a healing power on him or her.
Boon: When Toeto summons Sprout, enemies adjacent to her take 1 radiant damage and allies adjacent to Sprout gain 1 THP.

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Toeto takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Toeto's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 5 squares whenever Toeto takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"I imagine they do seem endless for when the dead gods were entombed, it was amidst massive ancient battlefields where they were finally brought down. When they stirred from their mausoleums, they had ample source for their dark armies."

The voice pauses.

"At the end the draw just outside the protection of my pool there is a path that leads to a plateau - a narrow, flat valley between the mountains where the ruins of an ancient city rest. Beyond are the caves of the Hungerers, an extinct race that first brought the scourge of necromancy into the world. In the depths of those caves there is an idol to their raven gods.

"The raven gods slowly, over decades, possessed the mind of a powerful hermit sorceress that has long dwelled in these mountains, imbuing her with their power. She is the one that created all these monstrosities... and she is learning more by the day. The Stalkers that you faced are the most powerful dead that have yet left the mountains, but deep in the bowels of the Hungerer's warrens, there may be more, far more terrible things.

"Before they departed, your friends Livia and Cale took one of my statues so that I might guide them. Unfortunately, once they entered the Hungerer's tunnels, ancient eldrich powers began to block my site. The last I saw before my statue was destroyed was your companions kneeling before a the statues of the raven gods - the Council of Ravens - likely the source of the power. If this is to be stopped, those statue and any others like them must be destroyed."

Another pause.

"I noted the scars you bore and the blessed curse upon them. It seems that the sorceress yet struggles against the possession and tried in her own way to aid you. The magic was blasphemous and so I replaced it with my own blessings, but it gives me some small hope. There is likely little left of the sorceress, but she wants you to come.

"That far gone, taken slowly into the black realm of the Council of Ravens, there is likely little you can do for her except kill her - believe me, that would be a blessing after the nightmare she is trapped in now."

Pause.

"I'm not sure what else there is that might be helpful and that I might tell - I have given you what meager blessings I may that you might be my last champions, put the Council to rest, and let my soul finally be free from its lonely vigilance..."

renau1g

First Post
GM: Only ended up with enough time for XP so far. I'll do treasure tonight.

@pacdidj - Salgyn got a big pile of xp for the time he was in this adventure, maybe means you can level up your new character?

[sblock=XP]Quests:
Keep the Militia Alive - Switchback
(Minor quest, level 4, 41xp x 6 militia) = 246xp

Keep the Militia Alive - Tower(Minor quest, level 4, 41xp x 6 militia) = 246xp

Reach the Tower(Minor quest, level 4, 41xp x 7 PCs) = 287xp
Sub-Total: 779 x 2 = 1558xp
Individual total: 1558 / 7 = +223xp

Sans-Salgyn
Reach the Grotto(Minor quest, level 4, 41xp x 6 PCs) = 246xp

Sacrifice(Minor quest, level 4, 41xp x 13 sacrifices) = 533xp
Sub-total: 779 x 2 = 1558
Individual total: 1558 / 6 = +260xp

Traps:
Lightning Blast
(Level 4 Blaster Trap, 175xp) = 175xp
Total: 175xp x 2 = 350xp
Individual total: 350xp / 7 = +50xp

Encounters:
Switchback Ambush:
12 x Rerisen Dead(Level 1 Brute Minion, 25xp) = 300xp
1 x Rerisen Archer(Level 1 Artillery Minion, 25 xp) = 25xp
3 x Rerisen Hulk(Level 1 Brute, 100xp) = 300xp
4 x Rerisen Beast(Level 1 Skirmisher, 100xp) = 400xp
2 x Rerisen Raven Swarms(Level 2 Skirmisher, 125xp) = 250xp
3 x Death Mote(Level 2 Artillery, 31xp) = 93xp
Total: 1368xp

Return to the Tower:
1 x Rerisen Storytelling of Ravens(Level 4 Solo Skirmisher, 875xp) = 875xp
5 x Death Motes(Level 2 Artillery, 31 xp) = 155xp
5 x Rerisen Dead(Level 1 Brute Minion, 25xp) = 125xp
Total: 1155xp

Stalking the Prey
4 x Rerisen Stalker(Level 4 Elite Lurker, 350xp) = 1400xp
8 x Death Mote(Level 2 Artillery Minion, 31xp) = 248xp
2 x Rerisen Dead(Level 1 Brute Minion, 25xp) = 50xp
Total: 1698xp
Sub-total: 4221xp x 2 = 8442xp
Individual total: 8442 / 7 = +1206xp

Sans-Salgyn
Fredrock's Pass
8 x Rerisen Dead(Level 1 Brute Minion, 25xp) = 200xp
4 x Rerisen Hulk(Level 1 Brute, 100xp) = 400xp
1 x Rerisen Lord(Level 2 Elite Controller, 250xp) = 250xp
2 x Rerisen Beast(Level 1 Skirmisher, 100xp) = 200xp
Total: 1050xp x 2 = 2100xp
Individual total: 2100 / 6 = +350xp

Skill Challenges:Sneaking to the Tower(Composite Skill challenge, level 4, 1 round, 41xp x 7 PCs) = 287xp

To the Mountains(Composite Skill challenge, level 4, 3 rounds, 41xp x 7 x 5) = 1435xp
Sub-total: 1722xp
Individual total: 1722 / 7 = +246xp

Sans-Salgyn
The Golden Light(Composite Skill challenge, level 4, 3 rounds, 41 xp x 5 x 5) = 1025xp
Individual total: 1025 / 6 = +171xp

Section Totals:
Salgyn: 1725xp
Everyone else: 2506xp

Time XP:
Salgyn: November 15 to January 20 = 67 days
Everyone else: November 15 to January 31 = 78 days

Salgyn: 67 days at level 4: 67/365 * 3500 = 643xp
Eithal, Scarm: 78/365 * 3500 = 748xp
Fredrock, Kaz, Toeto, Yishim: 78/365 * 3000 = 642xp

Grand Totals:
Salgyn: 2368xp