Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

With the lady's permission, Yishim makes an offering of gold and bottles some of the pool's magical waters for later use.
We should continue to the plateau, now that we're rested.
OOC: Bought a healing potion as well. Still waiting on WOTC support to fix my character builder subscription issue, but character sheet is otherwise up to date.

Xeterog

Explorer
Fredrock puts a few coins in the empty potion bottles that he'd used recently, and fills them with water from the golden pool. Amazingly, the potions appear to have been refilled and the gold is no longer in the bottles.

OOC: 'buying' two healing potions and a potion of Regeneration.

[sblock=Fredrock]

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 5
Passive Perception: +16, Passive Insight: +21 Senses: Low-Light
Init +1, Speed:5
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:17, Will:19
HP 58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:13/13
Action Points: 1/1, Power points 4/4
Powers-
Blurred Step link
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link
:melee:Beckoning Strike link
:melee:Beckoning Strike attack

Item powers
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +11 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA +1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Before you go, I have three last gifts for you to take with you. One is the gold statue that you brought with you. I should be able to communicate with you through it, though the closer you get to the Council of Ravens, the more difficult it will be."

"The last two are these," she says, a pair of glass spheres floating to the surface of the golden liquid. "They possess most of the power remaining to me and once the second is used, so to will be the last traces of my links to this world - finally."

"Use them wisely - they will flood the area where you break them with power channeled through me from the sun. They are potent, but once you use both, I will no longer be able to help you. Go forth my champions and rid the world of my ancient nemesis at last. You are my last hope."

With that, her voice fades, the golden shield protecting the grotto dies, and the golden liquid drains away. The group heads up the draw and onto a steep path leading up the cliffs. Several hour later, you emerge at the top and on a wide plateau covered with the ruins of an ancient city.

The city is shrouded in the same chill mists as the forest below and ravens perch atop every ruin. The city is vast, the mountain beyond looking almost impossibly distant, bizarre structures hanging down from a dozen massive caves in its side.

Together, you stare across the ruins, bracing yourselves for what you are about to undertake...

[sblock=Skill Challenge]I'm continuing to tweak my Composite System, here's your current challenge:

Objective: Make your way across the city as quickly and quietly as you can. The dead are everywhere, but if you are careful, you might avoid notice until you reach the Hungerer's Warrens. If not, the whole city could be on top of you.

Rounds: 3

Current Status: Starting round 1

Individual Skill DCs:
15-: 0 points, -2 to next round's skill check
16-20: 1 point, -1 to next round's skill check
21-25: 2 points, +1 to next round's skill check
26+: 3 points, +2 to the next round's skill check
Natural 1: -1 point, lose a healing surge to the mists
Natural 20: +1 point, find treasure in the ruins

Round Totals(6 PCs):
0-5 total points: 0 victory points and Disaster
6-11 total points: 1 victory point and Complication
12-17 total points: 2 victory points and Advantage
18+ total points: 3 victory points and Miracle

Victory Points: Individual round totals will determine progress and impediments to crossing the city. Final totals will determine the final result of the skill challenge.

Final Victory Point Totals
0-1 total points: Disaster
2-4 total points: Complication
5-7 total points: Advantage
8+ total points: Miracle

[sblock=Roll Options]Action Points: An action point may be used to roll an additional skill check in a round, though it must be different than the original check.
Aid Another: You may take -4 on a skill check to grant someone else a reroll.
Heroic Effort: You may spend a healing surge before a roll to gain +3 on the roll or after the roll to gain a +1.[/sblock][/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
Strapping his shield to his back Fredrock says, Well, let's get to it then, no use delaying any. Perhaps if we hurry we can get to our goal before the dead see that we are even here.. Without pausing to see if his friends follow or not, Fredrock sets as fast of pace as he can, obviously pushing his legs faster than a dwarf was meant to go, tho a bit of sweat can be seen if you look close enough.

[sblock=action]
Endruance, +15 without the shiedl on, to set, and keep a very fast pace--almost a run, using a healing surge to make the roll a 26.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Fredrock]

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 5
Passive Perception: +16, Passive Insight: +21 Senses: Low-Light
Init +1, Speed:5
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:17, Will:19
HP 58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:12/13
Action Points: 1/1, Power points 4/4
Powers-
Blurred Step link
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link
:melee:Beckoning Strike link
:melee:Beckoning Strike attack

Item powers
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +11 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA +1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Yishim does his best to keep pace with Fredrock. Calling on his knowledge of the undead, he's able to guide the group away from the temples they might congregate.
[sblock=Religion]Religion (1d20+12=29)[/sblock]
[sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 4
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:19, Will:18, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:37/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Heroic Effort, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Phantom Chasm, Visions of Avarice, Orb of Unintended Consequences, Brooch of Shielding
Other: Deathwalker's Boon, Resplendent Gloves[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Kaz leads the way. He uses his keen eyesight to pick out the surest path, the quickest way and the safest route.

[sblock=Perception=32]
Roll
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal tries her best to run through the city as quickly as she can. Though she manages to avoid detection so far, she finds it more difficult than she expected.
OOC: Athletics: 1d20+14=17 She will never roll above a 10 on a skill challenge...EVER!

I guess it could be worse.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases