RPG Superstar 2011

IronWolf

blank
As announced by Paizo yesterday:

RPG Superstar™ Open Call for New Design Talent!
Competition Starts December 3, 2010 on paizo.com
Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Paizo Publishing, LLC® is proud to announce RPG Superstar 2011, the fourth season of its popular RPG design contest. The search for the newest talent in RPG design begins December 3, 2010 on paizo.com.

"We’ve been blown away by the success of the contest,” said Lisa Stevens, CEO of Paizo Publishing. "Each year the contest gets bigger and better. This year not only will we publish the winner’s entry as a Pathfinder Module, but the remaining Top 4 contestants will each get to write a scenario for our Pathfinder Society organized play program. It’s going to be an exciting year, and I can’t wait to see what gets submitted."

Paizo has selected four judges to oversee the competition. For the first time ever, Ryan Dancey, one of the fathers of Open Gaming, will be an RPG Superstar judge. Returning from the previous season is Paizo’s own Sean K Reynolds, author and developer extraordinaire. Joining them will be Mark Moreland, Pathfinder Society developer and continuity editor; and former RPG Superstar winner Neil Spicer, who debuted as a guest judge for the initial round last year. These judges will critique each round’s entries before the public vote.

Last year Matt Goodall’s Cult of the Ebon Destroyers emerged victorious as 2010’s RPG Superstar winner after a week of public comment and fan voting at paizo.com. His winning adventure releases in January as a full-color printed Pathfinder Module.

Starting at 2 PM Pacific Time on December 3, 2010, contestants will be able to submit their RPG Superstar entry at paizo.com/rpgsuperstar. For the first round, that entry will be a wondrous item designed for use with Paizo's Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Each entry must be 300 words or less, and must include all of the proper mechanics and flavor. Contestants must submit their entry by December 31, 2010. Judges will select the top 32 entries to be announced on January 18, 2010; those 32 contestants will be assigned a new design task and their entries will be posted on paizo.com for the public to read, critique, and vote on. The designers garnering the most votes in each round will continue on to subsequent rounds, and the ultimate winner will earn a paid commission to write one of Paizo's upcoming Pathfinder Modules, while the remaining top 3 designers will earn a paid commission to write an upcoming Pathfinder Society scenario!

Specifics for each challenge will be announced as each round begins. The winner of RPG Superstar 2011 will be announced on March 22, 2011. Complete rules and a submission form are available at paizo.com/rpgsuperstar.

Do you have what it takes to be the next RPG Superstar? Go to paizo.com/rpgsuperstar. and start your journey now!

About Paizo Publishing
Paizo Publishing®, LLC is a leading publisher of fantasy roleplaying games, accessories, board games, and novels. Paizo's Pathfinder® Roleplaying Game, the result of the largest open playtest in the history of tabletop gaming, is one of the best-selling tabletop RPGs in today's market. Pathfinder Adventure Path is the most popular and best-selling monthly product in the tabletop RPG industry. Paizo.com is the leading online hobby retail store, offering tens of thousands of products from a variety of publishers to customers all over the world. In the eight years since its founding, Paizo Publishing has received more than forty major awards and has grown to become one of the most influential companies in the hobby games industry.

The schedule and more information here:

http://paizo.com/rpgsuperstar

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
I've already written my first magic item for this year's round 1 ... and rejected it a few moments afterwards. I'm probably going to end up writing a dozen this year before submitting one off.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Yeah, this will be my third try. Two years ago, I just didn't know what I was doing. Last year, I thought I had a good idea, but the item was a bit 'meh', and I even found a stat block error, not a minute after I submitted.

I will try again this year, I've got several ideas in the works. I've actually had much more practice designing monsters, classes, magic items and spells (for intended publication) in the last year. So hopefully my attempt will be better this year.

Remember not to submit right away, check, check, check for errors.

I'd rather my Wondrous Item build just not make the grade, rather than losing out due to stat block errors, misspelling, pricing errors, spell errors.

Besides, the first round is the easiest, in that you have time to do things over, whereas rounds 2+ mean short notifications and quick turn-around is the only way to succeed.

GP

I was going to enter last year but got swamped at work and figured I'd have no hope of doing it properly. This year I've got my Wondrous Item ready to go based on what I was thinking of sending in last year.

Best of luck to all the EN Worlders entering!!! Should be heaps of fun with a ton of ideas for home campaigns.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases