Your DDI Account Status

What is the status of your DDI subscription?

• I have an account and will continue to subscribe.

Votes: 106 47.5%
  • I had an account but canceled even before they announced the web based CB.

Votes: 25 11.2%
  • I had an account and decided to cancel it when they announced the web based CB.

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • I had an account but have decided to cancel it after trying the web based CB.

Votes: 29 13.0%
  • I was occasionally subscribing to update my CB, but will no longer be subscribing.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I was occasionally subscribing to update my CB and will be getting a full subscription now.

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • I was using another persons subscription and will now be getting my own subscription.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was using another persons subscription and will not be subscribing.

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • I was not subscribed, but will be starting a subscription or have started one recently.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I am not a DDI subscriber and have no plans to subscribe.

Votes: 19 8.5%

Azlith

First Post
No option for:

I had an account, decided to subscribe for at least 1 more month to test out the CB, and will decide before my renewal is due as to whether I wish to continue or not.

Undecided at this time, will give it until end of renewal period.

Doh! Unfortunately I can't edit the poll.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I'm a subscriber and will keep subscribing. The new Character Builder is worse than the old one right now, but I'm optimistic that they'll get it fixed eventually. Same goes for getting the online Monster Builder and Virtual Table going in the future.

I like D&D4e and I want to support the game so that better tools will come out in the future. I'm disappointed in the way the launch of the online Builder was handled, but not so disappointed that I want out of DDI.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I didn't vote in the poll. (I do expect the online CB to be working in a month.)

I am subscribed until February, 2011. I used to have auto-renew turned on, but I had a software hiccough in the online web interface: when I checked my account on Digital River, it showed me that I had two different subscriptions active, and ready to auto-renew, at the same time!

Well, I didn't want that to happen: I wanted only one auto-renew charge to hit my credit card in February, not two at once for the same thing; so I pressed the online button to turn off auto-renew on the older, introductory subscription -- at the introductory price.

Murphy's Law prevails: that one act turned off auto-renew on both subscriptions. I don't know who writes their SQL "Update" queries, but it should be possible to cancel auto-renew on one subscription while leaving it active on another.

Bottom line: Subscribed; no auto-renew, but wanted it; cannot have it yet.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Current subscriber, and will remain so until we no longer play D&D.

And with the announcement of the VTT, I may be a D&D player longer than I expected to be.

So yeah. Satisfied customer.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I've advised my players to unsubscribe until the CB is fixed. I'm still subscribing - honestly, as a DM I get more value out of the Compendium and Monster builder than I did out of the Character Builder anyways.

Glyfair

Explorer
My status is not up there. I am/have been subscribing, but am considering canceling. Admittedly, my new work schedule has dried up my gaming since I can only play weekdays on a regular basis (noon-8:30 at night isn't conducive to getting a group together). However, I will run some one-offs and start a semi-regular gaming group in a few months.

However, their approach with the Character Builder has shown that WotC doesn't seem to want to support what I want. They also have released something in a state where I can't even try it to see if I could tolerate it.

I may be walking way, and missing the Eberron material they release in the future*.

* I will predict that the ability to download back issues of Dragon/Dungeon will be the next thing lost in WotC's "upgrade" of DDI.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I'm (still) a subscriber. If the situation with the tools (CB, AT) doesn't improve dramatically compared to today I won't renew the subscription.

And it will take a lot to convince me to subscribe again in that case.

delericho

Legend
I subscribed occasionally for the Character Builder updates. I never quite got around to setting up the Adventure Tools, so I'll get one more one-month subscription to get those, and then I'm done.

If the new VTT is only available through an active DDI subscription, and if it works as advertised, I will strongly consider getting a subscription. There is nothing else that interests me.

The only other thing that might bring me back as a WotC customer is 5e, and even then I'll only check it out - where I bought 3e and 4e sight-unseen, they no longer have my trust enough for me to do that again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases