[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Sorry it's been so long. I'll try to get back into a regular routine, but for now, I'm just pugging the posts out as I have time. Plenty of story, just not enough free time to tell it.

BTW: This Friday, we're coming up on 2 years since the beginning of "Wayne's Basement"! Woohoo!
Sheng rounds the corner and appears to have found an alternative way into the lighthouse. The constructs, however, take immediate note of the mage's entry, glowing eyes scan the crumbled building corner and focus in recognition.

The magic user is so focused upon the clockwork canines, that he is quite surprised to feel the whiff of an arrow nearly taking off his right ear. Fortunately, the shot misses and passes harmlessly out over the ocean. The assalant, a solitary skeleton archer positioned behind the stairway, drops its jaw (quite literally) in embarassment. Hurredly, the decayed ward retrieves its mandible and reconnects it with a few sickening pops.

He reaches for another arrow.

Sheng sees no sign of the Marrowshriek.

There is a well in the corner of the building, just inside the riven wall. It's walls are about 3 feet high and it still has what looks like a functional winch complete with a bucket for drawing water.

The floor of the lighthouse is litttered with bones.

A small chamber lies to the northeast where a large hole is gouged out of the floor as if from some horrific, arcane explosion.

TikChik, finding himself in a nasty position, tactically speaking, leaves his iron assailants with something by which they can remember him as he deftly shifts away to a safer position. The thri-kreen's blades come down leaving hideous gashes.

Fenwick drags Hankel out of the fray, but the dwarf's life is still draining.[sblock=Hankel's and TikChik's Actions]Hankel:
Free: Death Save 1d20=3 Fail #1

TikChik:
Standard: Twin Strike
Target 1: Iron Defender 3
Attack: 1d20+15=31 vs. AC for 1d10+6=12 damage
Target 2: Iron Defender 4
Attack: 1d20+15=Crit! for 16 damage + 2d6(Crit damage)= 22 damage

Move: Invigorating Stride to G16

Save minor for after Sheng's trun

Sheng's Stealth Roll: 1d20+8=14

Skeleton Archer 6: Readied Action
Target: Sheng
Attack: 1d20+13=14 vs. AC Miss
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Riardon: G19 53/64HP 1AP 8HS
Gensai: B16(Second Floor) 43/81HP 1AP 12HS
TikChik: G16 49/70HP 0AP 8HS
Sheng: D26 56/66HP 1AP 7HS
Fenwick: K19 33/73HP 1AP 9HS Bloodied

Hankel: J19 0/32 Unconscious, 1 failed save
Skeleton Archer 1: C19 On battlement above 76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 2: C20 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 3: C21 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 4: C22 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 5: C24 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 6: -C16 76/76
Skeleton Soldier: I17Dead
Skeleton Soldier: I19Dead
Skeleton Soldier: H19 Dead
Skeleton Soldier: K18 Dead

Marrowshriek Skeleton: ??? 148/242HP

Iron Defender 1: B16 115/115HP
Iron Defender 2: F19 115/115HP -2 to attacks until end of TikChik's next turn
Iron Defender 3: D17 83/115HP
Iron Defender 4: D19 93/115HP[/sblock][sblock=Map]
LighthouseRoundHmm-3.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]The well is of an unknown depth (until someone looks in). It can be climbed with an extra square of movement, but moving out of its square requires a DC 20 Acrobatics check or the creature must save vs. falling into the well.

The bone piles and rubble areas are difficult terrain.[/sblock][sblock=Hankel's Stats]
Hankel.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]X5
SkeletonArcher.png

4X
SkeletonSoldier.png

4X
IronDefender-1.png

MarrowshriekSkeleton.png
[/sblock][sblock=The Second Floor] Gensai reaches down to pry the blade from the dead dwarf, and two quite unexpected things happen.

First, blue lightning arcs from the weapon to Gensai's hand surprising him with a painful shock.

Second, the skeleton begins to move, groaning out ominous words, "Only he who is worthy can hold Stang!" The skeleton fixes empty eye-sockets on the ronin, "Are you worthy, blademaster!?"
GM: Lightning damage: 1d8=5

You've spent a minor action to touch the weapon, but you still have a Move and standard action before he can attack.
[sblock=The Axe]
ArkusAxe.png
[/sblock]Around the pommel is a dwarven script[sblock=Script]
Pommelinscription.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Maps][sblock=Close Up]
Thesecondfloor-Closeup.png
[/sblock][sblock=Wide View]
Thesecondfloor-Wide.png
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Other points of interest on this floor]
In the southwest corner of the corridor, the decayed body of a dwarven sentry lies above a stack of barrels, the contents of which are either dried up or well aged. One can only tell by trying.[sblock=Dead Dwarf on Barrels]
DeadArcheronBarrels.png
[/sblock][sblock=Insight DC 15]The bodies look to have been dead and undisturbed for over one hundred years.[/sblock]Further down the wall to the east, another sentry lies rotting on the floor, though his armor seems to be none the worse for wear.[sblock=Dead Dwarf in Full Armor]
DeadArcherinFullArmor.png
[/sblock]At the far end of the corridor, the southeast corner of the wall has been blown out as if by some horrid magic.

To the north, a small hallway proceeds into another area of the lighthouse, perhaps to the stairs.[/sblock]
GM: Choices:

• Examine the greataxe further (i.e.: pick it up and try to use it)
  • Examine some of the other points of interest on this floor
  • Try to find your way upstairs and clear out the archers on the roof.
Remember your overall objectives (see above)

[/sblock]
GM: TikChik still has a minor action (anyone can have him use it if they can find a use for it.

Gensai still has a Move action and a Standard action.

Sheng still has a Minor action and Standard action.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC:
I think the positions in the status don't match the positions on the map.
Example: Sheng is listed to be on G16, but Tikchik is on that position on the map.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Assuming the skeleton is a dwarf since the other two in the room are as well.

Gensai side-stepped, and lowered himself into what appears to be a kneel, but what was really a practiced pose of coiled action, ready to strike.

"I am Gensai, of clan Ashikaga. I was retainer to the last Emperor of the Jade Empire. Though I was mortally wounded over 100 years ago, here I stand before you, now retainer to Hankel Mast, the last heir to Arkus Gimlord. He has commanded me to retrieve the axe for him, so that he might relight Rioc Stang, that he would summon all dwarves back to Rioc Parvel."

Though he kept his hand on his blade and his eyes on the skeleton, he bowed his head slightly. "Please, we are not enemies. We server the same master: the rightful dwarven king of Rioc Parvel. I implore you to help me, master dwarf."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: Shift to B24 (+1 AC/Ref)
Standard: Ready: Sword burst

• Trigger: Skeleton Attacks Gensai
  • Target: Skeleton
  • Attack: 1d20+12=30 vs reflex
  • Damage: 1d6+10=13

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 9
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19

Defenses:

AC: 26, Fort: 23, Reflex: 23, Will: 19 -- Speed: 6

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Vitality:
HP: 45/81, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 40, Surge Value: 20, Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Hellspike Assault, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng grits teeth and sends, amidst a complicated stance, another screaming skull of green vapours. The dire magic penetrates the skull of the archer, and cracks it, but it's not enough to destroy it on one shoot. The green gas then exits the undead and tries to affect one of the constructs, but fails to. Sheng then moves out of the archer's range, staying against the walls.

Chaos bolt vs Archer: hits for 13 dmg, then misses the iron Defender with a 14. Rolls. Move to A 26 for cover.

BenBrown

First Post
"Okay, dwarf," Fenwick says, setting down his burden and attempting to tend to him. "Now is time for doctoring. Fenwick not good with doctoring, but can tie bandages. On home island, Fenwick sort of know natural medicines, but this not home of Fenwick."

He pauses to catch his breath, then shrugs as the bleeding does not stop.

"Okay, that not right. Someone else help dwarf! Fenwick out of native idiom! You!" he looks at Sheng and begins carrying the dwarf over to him. "You know healing?"

[sblock=actions]Standard:Fenwick Heal Check to Stabilize Hankel: 3(1d20) +4 = 7
AP: Second Wind
Move: to F24[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 8
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:20
:bmelee: +14 vs. AC, 1d12+9 damage (brutal 2, high crit)

HP:51/73, Bloodied:36, Surge Value:18, Surges left:8/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike,
Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves

Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Resourceful Leader: When an ally Fenwick can see spends an action point to make an attack, the ally gains a
+3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit or gains 3 temporary hit points on a miss.

Conditions:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Sheng is trained in heal, but you'll need to use your move action to get closer to him (and to cover by the way.) We can finish the iron defenders from range once the skeletons are dealt with.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases