[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Does Hankel get to spend a healing surge because of Stand the Fallen?

Also, please state effects in your posts, folks. The pace we're at, I forget what people's abilities do. I would have blithely ignored this one if I hadn't looked it up out of sheer curiosity.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Does Hankel get to spend a healing surge because of Stand the Fallen?

Also, please state effects in your posts, folks. The pace we're at, I forget what people's abilities do. I would have blithely ignored this one if I hadn't looked it up out of sheer curiosity.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]I always list the effects in my OOC.

effect: all allies in 10 sqs can spend a HS.

What shall I write IC? 'Riardon calls and suddenly all you feel healed'???

The healing fluff is sometimes a bit hard to describe for a warlord[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Inspired by Riardon's war cry, and seeing that Hankel is now coming around, Fenwick leaves the dwarf where he is, and makes a move to help the warlord, who appears threatened by several foes. Seeing that the creatures guarding the gate are poised to strike, Fenwick rushes around behind Riardon, and with a wild cry goes crashing at the more wounded of the defenders. The creature bites him as he approaches. He hits hard, but not enough to take the thing down. Warily, he steps back around the edge of the doorway.[sblock=Actions]Regain 18 HP from Stand the Fallen, putting him at 69/73 (you missed last turn's AP and Second Wind in the "status" block)

Insight roll about Iron Defender ready action: 15(1d20) +4 = 19
Move: to K19
Standard: charge to E17
Iron Defender 3 bite vs. Fenwick: 18(1d20) +16 -2 = 32; 1(1d8) +6 = 7
Howling Strike (Charge) vs. Iron Defender 3: 14(1d20) +14 +1 = 29; 5(1d12.minroll(3)) +3(1d8) +6(2d6) +9 = 23
Free: shift to E16[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 8
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:20
:bmelee: +14 vs. AC, 1d12+9 damage (brutal 2, high crit)

HP:62/73, Bloodied:36, Surge Value:18, Surges left:7/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike,
Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves

Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Resourceful Leader: When an ally Fenwick can see spends an action point to make an attack, the ally gains a
+3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit or gains 3 temporary hit points on a miss.

Conditions:
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Hankel comes to and immediately springs into action, "Let us send these hellhounds back to whence they came!" hurling a hammer at one of the canine constructs. Unfortunately, his hammer misses.

TikChik attempts an awkward exit, and almost loses another arm as he hacks at his ferrous foe. To make matters worse, the archer moves forward and sends a shaft deep into the thri-kreen's shoulder.

The clanking dogs continue to defend their territory, snapping at Riardon and Fenwick. The eladrin manages to avoid the razor-sharp teeth, but Fenwick is not so lucky. The construct bites and holds onto Fenwick's arm, forcing the orc to shed a great deal of blood shaking the thing loose.

Arrows rain from above, and in a sad twist of irony, manage to find the dwarf once more. Hankel goes down.

OOC: Sunblade critical hit damage: 2d6=11
[sblock=Hankel's and TikChik's Actions]Hankel:
Standard: Throwing Hammer at Iron Defender 3
Target: Iron Defender 3
Attack: 1d20+13=23 vs. AC Miss

TikChik:
Standard: Jaws of the Wolf
Target: Iron Defender 1
Attack 1: 1d20+15=17 for (2d10+11)/2=16 damage
Attack 2: 1d20+15=17 for (2d10+11)/2=13 damage
Move: to D27
Iron Defender OA: 1d20+16=29 vs. AC for 1d8+6=11 damage
TikChik OA: 1d10+15=18 vs. AC Miss
Shift to D25
Continue move to D29

[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Actions:]Skeleton Archer 6:
Standard: Longbow
Target: TikChik
Attack: 1d20+13-2(Cover)=24 vs. AC for 1d10+8=16 damage
Move: to B18

Iron Defender 1:
Standard: Charge to C25
Target: Sheng
Attack: 1d20+16=34 vs. AC for 1d8+6=13 damage
Move: Shift to C24

Iron Defender 2:
Standard: Bite
Target: Riardon
Attack: 1d20+16=18 vs. AC Miss

Iron Defender 3:
Standard: Bite
Target: Fenwick
Attack: 1d20+16-2(Chilling Cloud)=21 vs. AC for 1d8+6=13 damage

Iron Defender 4:
Standard: Ready Action[sblock=Insight DC 15]Readied Action is to attack any creature that enters E18-E20[/sblock]

Skeleton Archer 1:
Target: Hankel
Attack: 1d20+13=14 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 2:
Attack: 1d20+13=22 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 3:
Attack: 1d20+13=25 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 4:
Target: Hankel
Attack: 1d20+13=21 vs. AC for 1d10+8=9 damage

Skeleton Archer 5:
Attack: 1d20+13=25 vs. AC Miss
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Riardon: H18 53/64HP 1AP 7HS
Gensai: B17(Second Floor) 43/81HP 1AP 11HS
TikChik: D27 10/70HP 0AP 7HS Bloodied
Sheng: C26 30/66HP 1AP 6HS Bloodied
Fenwick: E16 49/73HP 0AP 7HS

Hankel: F24 -1/32 Unconscious
Skeleton Archer 1: C19 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 2: C20 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 3: C21 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 4: C22 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 5: C24 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 6: B18 62/76
Skeleton Soldier: I17Dead
Skeleton Soldier: I19Dead
Skeleton Soldier: H19 Dead
Skeleton Soldier: K18 Dead

Marrowshriek Skeleton: ??? 148/242HP

Iron Defender 1: C25 86/115HP
Iron Defender 2: G18 69/115HP
Iron Defender 3: D17 9/115HP Bloodied -2 to attacks while in D17-F19
Iron Defender 4: D19 71/115HP-2 to attacks while in D17-F19[/sblock][sblock=Map]
LighthouseRoundHmm2-1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]The well is of an unknown depth (until someone looks in). It can be climbed with an extra square of movement, but moving out of its square requires a DC 20 Acrobatics check or the creature must save vs. falling into the well.

The bone piles and rubble areas are difficult terrain.[/sblock][sblock=Hankel's Stats]
Hankel.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]X5
SkeletonArcher.png

4X
SkeletonSoldier.png

4X
IronDefender-1.png

MarrowshriekSkeleton.png
[/sblock][sblock=The Second Floor]The ronin withdraws his blade from the cask to find it coated in a thick layer of oil. Despite having been stored in the cask for considerable years, the oil is pure, leaving a glistening trail as it seeps from the stab wound into a puddle on the stone floor.

Gensai stares at the puddle and then at the narrow windows, considering what to do next: Up the stairs, or throw the axe to his friends below?[sblock=Stang's Stats]
StangShortBlock.png

[/sblock][sblock=Picture of Stang]
ArkusAxe.png
[/sblock]Around the pommel is a dwarven script[sblock=Script]
Pommelinscription.jpg

Translation: When it is my turn, I will show you my power.
[/sblock][sblock=Maps][sblock=Wide View]
LighthouseSecondFloorRoundHmm2.png
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Other points of interest on this floor]
In the southwest corner of the corridor, the decayed body of a dwarven sentry lies above a stack of barrels, the contents of which are either dried up or well aged. One can only tell by trying.[sblock=Dead Dwarf on Barrels]
DeadArcheronBarrels.png
[/sblock][sblock=Insight DC 15]The bodies look to have been dead and undisturbed for over one hundred years.[/sblock]Further down the wall to the east, another sentry lies rotting on the floor, though his armor seems to be none the worse for wear.[sblock=Dead Dwarf in Full Armor]
DeadArcherinFullArmor.png
[/sblock]At the far end of the corridor, the southeast corner of the wall has been blown out as if by some horrid magic.

To the north, a small hallway proceeds into another area of the lighthouse, perhaps to the stairs.[/sblock]
GM: Choices:

• Examine some of the other points of interest on this floor
  • Try to find your way upstairs and clear out the archers on the roof.
  • Attempt to light the beacon.
  • Throw the axe to your comrades
Remember that your overall objective is to recover Stang and light the beacon.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Fenwick, we need to concentrate on one opponent at a time!"
Riardon calls, invigorating the barbarian. His own blow misses, but he at least provides an opportunity to flank.

[sblock=OOC]

standard: Warlord's Favor vs 18G.
move: shift to H19
minor: inspiring word on Fenwick (T'kchik is to far away)
see ben brown's next post

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 28 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 53 / 64 Bloodied: 32
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:16 Surges per day: 8 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Warlord's Recovery, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Making a more practical display of martial skills, Sheng makes a backflip kick, smashing the iron defender's head with his foot, and then as h finish the spin, he punches the golem in the upper side of the neck. The creature stumbles to a side, as the monk hurries in, making a quick jump to evade the snapping mandibles of the iron dog. His path takes him behind the skeleton archer, where the jadite unleashes another set of moves. They seem much like Tai-Chi-Chuan, slow motion circular moves. As he executes the stance, the wind around he monk swirls and buffets the enemies, until it turns into a tornado! The winds strike at the three creatures, sending the iron defenders out, stumbling in the wind, but the skeleton, being made of less wind resistant material, just slides softly.
In the aftermatch, the sorceror, now levitating, quickly flies up the stairs.

[sblock=actions]
AP: Twin thunder vs iron defender in C25: Hit for 15, slide to D25 (using centred flurry of blows). Power grants a move action without generating AP from 1 adjacent creature, so Sheng moves to A18
Stdrd: Using Winds of Change, hit both iron defenders, bu miss skeleton archer. SKA suffers 11 dmg and is pushed to C18, while ID at D17 and D19 sufer 22 dmg and are pushed to G17 and G19 respectively.
Move: Sheng has gained Fly by Winds of Change, so he flies up the stairs.

[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"LOOK OUT BELOW, FOR THE AXE OF AGES COMES FROM ON NIGH!"
Gensai proclaimed.

[sblock=Second Floor]

Not sure how all this would work, given my component of actions. So I will:

1. Discard Axe out of nearest window-slit

2. push over a barrel of oil (preferably not the I put a leak in)

3. Roll said barrel down the hallway, ideally with sword still in hand. But if it will slow me considerably, stow blade.

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases