[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: I've never been clear on the rules for spotting hidden enemies. Do I just make a perception roll? It would be nice to be able to charge this last little guy
GM: An enemy can try to find you on its turn. If an enemy makes an active Perception check [a standard action] and beats your Stealth check result (don’t make a new check), you don’t remain hidden from that enemy. Also, if an enemy tries to enter your space, you don’t remain hidden from that enemy.

PHB: Page 222.

Looks like you can spend a standard action, roll perception, and if it beats the Wyrmguard's Stealth check result 29 then you've found it.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: Waiting on [MENTION=9789]evilbob[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1642]BenBrown[/MENTION]. Haven't heard from evilbob in over a week. Anyone know where he is?

BenBrown

First Post
"Hello! Kobold! Where aaare you?" Fenwick calls, stepping forward, ready to leap upon the creature full force if it appears.
[sblock=actions]10 damage from ongoing poison.
Move: to P34
Standard: Ready Action: Charge Kobold upon appearance.
[sblock=if charge goes off]Howling Strike vs. Scout (1d20+10+1=21, 1d12.minroll(3)+2d6+1d8+7=28)[/sblock]Save vs. Ongoing Poison (1d20=19)[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 5
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light
AC:19, Fort:18, Reflex:13, Will:15
HP:25/55, Bloodied:27, Surge Value:13, Surges left:10/11
Action Points: 0 (used), Second Wind: unused
Powers:Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike, Giantkind Gloves
Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Feral Might: When Fenwick bloodies an enemy, the next attack by him
or one of his allies against that enemy gains a +3 bonus to the attack and damage rolls.

Conditions:
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: Fenwick still does not see the target, but if you want to charge anyway, you are entitled to blindly charge a particular square. If you come into sight of the enemy during your charge, it will no longer be hidden, so your attack will suffer no penalty. If you pick the wrong square, however, your attack will automatically miss.

Your choice.

BTW: The desks at the corners to the corridor are set back enough to allow diagonal movement. Fenwick is able to reach P25 if you wish. Unfortunately, from there, he can still not see the kobold.

BenBrown

First Post
OOC: I'd rather wait for the sucker to pop up. If Fenwick charges the wrong square, that can put him in a crummy position for no advantage. In this case, the main risk is losing the action if the beastie does not emerge

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mervin rushes forward and hurls the flaming sphere to the end of the corridor. As soon as he does so, a scream erupts from around the corner and bright, flickering light reveals the shadow of the Wyrmguard Scout dancing on the wall, engulfed in a conflagration, evidently ignited by the sphere's passing. The wizard smiles, and collapses.

When the horrible screaming dies down, the group rounds the corner to stare down an empty corridor that turns sharply to the right after a way.
A spiral stairwell winds downward off the left-hand side into who-knows-where.

Torchlight, from sconces on the walls, flickers off the seeping groundwater that coats the subterranean walls, but the air smells and feels fresher in this area, much like trees and grass after a spring rain.

The skirmish doesn't seem to have attracted any further attention, as evidenced by the emptiness of and the relative tranquility of the corridor. Muted, rasping voices emanate from the stairwell, but they do not sound as though they are distressed or getting closer.

[sblock=Mervin's Actions]Free: Spend 2 Healing Surges
Free: Take 10 damage
Minor: Sustain Flaming Sphere
Move: to O33 or else lose LoS on Flaming Sphere move below
Move: Flaming Sphere to O40
Free: Save vs. Poison = 1d20=4
Flaming Sphere does 1d4+9+2=14 points of damage to the Wyrmguard Scout if it starts its turn in a square adjacent to O40.[/sblock][sblock=Mechanics]Wyrmguard Scout:
Free: take 14 points of damage
Standard: Scream in agony while being engulfed by flames
Minor: Die
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Ruajah: 15/62 HP 10/12 HS 1AP Bloodied Prone
Gensai: 61/62 HP 10/11 HS 1AP Regen 10 Prone
Riardon: 25/54 HP Bloodied 6/8 HS 0AP
Fenwick: 35/55 HP 11/11 HS 0AP Ongoing 10 poison damage
Mervin: 12/40HP 6/8HS 0AP Bloodied Ongoing 10 poison damage

Kobold Horde: 1 Dead
Wyrmguard Scout 1: Dead
Wyrmguard Scout 2: Dead

Kobold Horde: 2 O3 <-6/84 Dead
Kobold Horde: 3 Q31 -7/84 Dead
Ironstone Gargoyle 1: Dead
Ironstone Gargoyle 2: Dead
Runespiral Demon Dead
Troll: N28-O29 -5/100 Dead
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary20.png
[/sblock]@Ozymandias79: [sblock=XP Rewards]Congratulations! Short Rest!

I know the Flaming Sphere thing was a little anticlimactic, but it is what it is. I, myself, was kind of hoping the littler bugger would survive and get away :erm:.

I wanted to hand out XP before I lose track. I'll update this post with gold and treasure later after I get a chance to peruse your wishlists.

If you would prefer an item, let me know and I'll work it into the story. Feel free to RP your ransack of the study:

Challenge..............QTY.XP.Total
Snakes............2 150 300
Spiked Pit........1 750 750
Warding Glyph.....1 600 600
Gargoyles.........2 300 600
Troll.............2 400 800
Poison Dart Trap..1 500 500
Kobold Horde......3 350 1050
Minor Quest.......1 200 200
Runespiral Demon..1 200 200
Wyrmguard Scout...2 400 800

Total:.......5800
Total X 2:...11600
Total Each:..2320

Time XP Based on 4.6 Months:
Level 6 (Riardon, Gensai)........1500
Level 5 (Fenwick, Mervin, Rujah).2144

Per Player Totals:
Riardon:..4364
Gensai:...4364
Fenwick:..3820
Rujah:....3820
Mervin:...3820

I believe that this gets everyone to Level 7.

Even though you don't need to get approved, please update your wiki sheets to level up, because they are what I use when rolling my checks,attacks, etc...

Oh, yeah. And 8 DM Credits for me :angel:.
[/sblock]
OOC: Theroc has yet to resolve a password loss issue, but he plans to jump in as soon as he does.
Evilbob is on hiatus, and I'm not sure when or if he will be returning.

Because of this, you'll notice that I've slipped into the Hanged Man to recruit some other players. I'll be phasing Mervin out shortly (hopefully without having to kill him :devil:)

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
[/sblock]@Ozymandias79: [sblock=XP Rewards]Congratulations! Short Rest!

I know the Flaming Sphere thing was a little anticlimactic, but it is what it is. I, myself, was kind of hoping the littler bugger would survive and get away :erm:.

I wanted to hand out XP before I lose track. I'll update this post with gold and treasure later after I get a chance to peruse your wishlists.

If you would prefer an item, let me know and I'll work it into the story. Feel free to RP your ransack of the study:

Challenge..............QTY.XP.Total
Snakes............2 150 300
Spiked Pit........1 750 750
Warding Glyph.....1 600 600
Gargoyles.........2 300 600
Troll.............2 400 800
Poison Dart Trap..1 500 500
Kobold Horde......3 350 1050
Minor Quest.......1 200 200
Runespiral Demon..1 200 200
Wyrmguard Scout...2 400 800

Total:.......5800
Total X 2:...11600
Total Each:..2320

Time XP Based on 4.6 Months:
Level 6 (Riardon, Gensai)........1500
Level 5 (Fenwick, Mervin, Rujah).2144

Per Player Totals:
Riardon:..4364
Gensai:...4364
Fenwick:..3820
Rujah:....3820
Mervin:...3820

I believe that this gets everyone to Level 7.

Even though you don't need to get approved, please update your wiki sheets to level up, because they are what I use when rolling my checks,attacks, etc...

Oh, yeah. And 8 DM Credits for me :angel:.
[/sblock]
Approved

Tenchuu

First Post
Gensai looked back at his companions. "Is everyone okay?" he asked, taking a long pull from his water skin. "Let's have a moment before we move on."

Gensai slide down the wall to sit on his foot. He was relaxing, sort of, still ready to pounce up in a moment. He took out his blade and began to clean it; Gensai looked up and spoke without stopping his work. "Should we check that room again before we press on? The oni called us thieves. Perhaps there is something good back there. Or some clues about where to go next."

OOC: DM: I regen'd 10 more during my last turn, so I should be at 61.

Players: How are you all looking for HS and Dailies? Can we press on after a short rest?

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
N/A

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: N/A
Minor: N/A
Standard: Sword Burst vs

• Target1:
  • Attack1: 1d20+10=
  • Target2:
  • Attack2: 1d20+10=
  • Damage: 1d6+6=
[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +19

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 18, Reflex: 20, Will: 17 -- Speed: 6
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1

Vitality:
HP: 61/62, THP: 0/3 Bloodied: 31, Surge Value: 15, Surges left: 11/11
REGEN: 10
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: not used
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded: Property: If you use your second wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges instead of one (gaining hit points from both).

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP,
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC:
If you would prefer an item, let me know and I'll work it into the story. Feel free to RP your ransack of the study.
I would really like to get a Fortification Drakescale Scale Armor +2 for Riardon.

BTW, XP were enough to get Riardon to level 8!

Last edited:

Remove ads