[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

renau1g

First Post
"Hey, how heavy do you think those statues are? Think we could take that dragon one outta here?" the thri-kreen says, he leans his shoulder in to the statue, bumping into it. "Hmmm, maybe not" he whispers

BenBrown

First Post
"Ah," says Fenwick. "Now is time for looking around and forensics."

He takes a pinch of blood between his fingers, lifts it up, sniffs it. Then he takes out a piece of string and measures the distance between the corpse and the bottom of the steps. He makes several motions as if he is attempting to reproduce the angle of wounds on the body. Then he makes a drawing of the bloody footsteps in the margins of the little book he carries around. Finally he slowly walks around, surveying the scene.

"No ideas." he shrugs.[sblock=rolls]Nature Check (1d20+3=11)
Streetwise Check (1d20+6=7)
Nature Check (1d20+3=9)[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: :):heh::D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D:heh::):p Oh paleeeeease! Somebody give my boy BenBrown some XP! I wish I could, but I haven't spread it around enough!

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"That statue you are trying to push, immortalizes a green dragon, however, we know the master of these lesser kobolds is a blue dragon. That leads us to the conclusion that this maze has been re purposed." Sheng says, stroking his beard.

Tenchuu

First Post
"Yes, Master Riardon, I remember it too," Gensai said of the crest. "But, no, Tic-Tic, this is not who we were looking for. The man we seek is a dwarf, and likely back in that cell. As much as it pains me to say this, I fear we have reached a dead end at best, or a trap at worst. We should return to the cells, and try this secret path the kobold prisoner speaks of. With any luck, we can reach our companions before they meet the same vile end."

OOC: BACK! Skill checks:
Nature (1st): 6
Arcana: 25
History: 14
Insight: 21
Streetwise: 16
Nature (2nd): 8

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: Shift to R40 (+1 AC/Ref)
Standard: Booming Blade vs AC

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 7
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +18

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 19, Reflex: 21, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 27/68, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 34, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 6/11
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: I’m borrowing this skill challenge method from Iron Sky. It was absolutely brilliant in Beyond the Rerisen Tower. I don’t think I can do It as much justice here, but I’m going to have fun trying.

You may use whatever skill you deem necessary. Always mention where your PC is standing, the specific actions your PC takes, and the reason your PC is employing this skill. You can do this either in Fluff or in action blocks, but it must be specific. Certain bonuses or penalties may apply to specific actions or locations (i.e. touching a certain part of a statue, or standing in a certain place could lead to enhanced discovery or the springing of a trap).

[sblock=Example] Erno stands at the foot of the statue, running his fingers along the marbled veins in the stonework that spider through the shield of the depicted warrior. Perhaps the composition of this monstrous edifice will provide a clue as to the location of the room’s hidden treasure. [sblock=Erno’s Skill Check]Move to B16
Nature: Examining the composition of the stone:
1d20+7=16[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Skill Challenge]
Objectives: Find out what happened to Mervin and Rujah by collecting clues in a possibly hostile environment.
Rounds: 3
Challenge Level: 8

Round 1 Focus Piece together the story of what happened to the man on the altar

Round Rules:
Those who use Dungeoneering or Thievery gain a +2 bonus to their skill check.

Individual Skill DCs:

• 15-: 0 points, -2 to next round's skill check
  • 16-20: 1 point, -1 to next round's skill check
  • 21-25: 2 points, +1 to next round's skill check
  • 26+: 3 points, +2 to the next round's skill check
  • Natural 1: -1 point, lose a healing surge
  • Natural 20: +1 point, stumble upon treasure

[sblock=Roll Options]

• Stealth: A successful stealth check will produce points as normal, but will not provide insight toward your objective. Instead it will, in the event that the round total falls below the Disaster level(see Round Totals below), add 1 additional point to the round total. If the round total is already at Complication or above, no additional point is gained.
  • Action Points: An action point may be used to roll an additional skill check in a round, though it must be different than the original check.
  • Aid Another: You may take -3 on a skill check to grant someone else a reroll.
  • Heroic Effort: You may spend a healing surge before a roll to gain +3 on the roll or after the roll to gain a +1 - or both for two surges.
[/sblock]

*EDIT* Forgot to add this: Repeating a Skill: A cumulative penalty of -2 will be applied to a PC that uses the same skill as he/she his/her previous round. Notice that it only applies to the previous round, thus this can be avoided by going back and forth between two skills.

Round Totals:

• 0-5 total points: 0 victory points and Disaster: -2 cumulative penalty to all future rolls in the skill challenge and your effort draws the attention of more residents.
  • 6-11 total points: 1 victory point and Complication: -1 cumulative penalty to all future rolls in the skill challenge and clues may prove misleading.
  • 12-17 total points: 2 victory points and Advantage: +1 cumulative bonus to all future rolls in the skill challenge and gives each PC a +1 to diplomacy checks in any future discussions the blue dragon, should you meet.
  • 18+ total points: 3 victory points and Miracle: +2 cumulative bonus to all future rolls in the skill challenge and you discover a cache of treasure.

Victory Points: Victory points represent how productive the round was. These are totaled over the course of the skill challenge to determine the level of success the party has had with the skill challenge.

Final Victory Point Totals This is a four-level measure of the outcome of the total skill challenge after 3 rounds. Descriptions are intentionally vague.

• 0-2 total points: Total Disaster
  • 3-5 total points: Technical Complication
  • 6-8 total points: Strategic Advantage
  • 9+ total points: Overwhelming Miracle
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng makes a short hop, folding his legs on the air into the lotus position, his hands palms up. He doesn't fall, but floats peacefully in the air. After a few seconds, from within him, an unnatural voice emanates "Oooohhhhmmmmm" as he opens bright, pupil-less green eyes. The sickly green glow starts to appear on seemingly random objects, as the sorcerer scry the scene with his arcane arts.

Remove ads