[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The dwarf shambles over to the door, "For love of my father's beard, don't take all day," he rattles the barred cell door impatiently, "More will be here any minute."

The kobold prisoner also makes its way to its cell door, "Takesss me too?" it thrusts its hands through the bars imploringly, "Helpssss you I can. I knowsss a ssssecret way into the dragonsssss lair." its head bobs up and down excitedly, "Not asssss well guarded."

The dwarf looks at the thri-kreen's, "And if you don't mind, I'd like my knife back."

Tikchik looks down and realizes that in his hurry, he not only picked up his own belongings, but Sheng's and the dwarf's as well.[sblock=Knife]
HankelsBlade.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"A most assertive statement that I second." Sheng says, noticing his valuable sorcerous blade in the hands of the Thri-kreen. "My dagger, now." he extends his hand demandingly.
After he gets his dagger, Sheng moves to the kobold in the cell. "Where is the lair? Tell us now, and then we'll get you out."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Nicess wizssssard. I'll tell you. Itsssss that way." The kobold points to the secret door and the corridor beyond, "Acrosss the bridge to the loading platfffffform, through the sleeep room and up the ladder." It smiles as if proud of this little known knowledge, "Only sixssss guardsesssss." It continues to smile as it holds out its hands once more for the expected honoring of Sheng's bargain.

The dwarf overhears the conversation, "He's right about the bridge, the platform, and the six guards. That is the way I came in, but I did not go far enough that way to see the ladder of which he speaks."

[sblock=Insight DC 17]Everything the kobold has said is true, even about the ladder, and it honestly hopes that Sheng will reward it with its release. [sblock=Insight DC 24]This kobold looks too "unimportant" to have secret knowledge about the entrance to a dragon's lair. There is something it is not telling you.[/sblock][/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon looks at the dagger and back at the dwarf: "Dwarf, what is your name?"

[sblock=OOC]

if we discuss long enough, maybe this will cound as a short rest.

will use my las word to get back to full HP with one HS, as Riardon has currently the fewest surges remaining.

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 39 / 59 Bloodied: 29
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 3 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Are you a smith, master dwarf?" Gensai asks, perhaps having some moment of clarity. The moment is short lived however, as other threads of his past life poke at his mind, including a sense of danger from Sheng. To distract himself, and perhaps Sheng from the truth, he said, "This all can wait. We will come back for both of you. First, we must find Masters Mervin and Rujah. We cannot just leave out comrades behind."

OOC: Seriously guys. we just left our two long time travel companions (real life players' AWOL statuses aside) in the lurch. We would not do this. Lets just check on them, find out that the DM captured them both, and come back to rescue both prisoners.

[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION];
Gensai is a soul reborn into the body of Jin, who is a wanted man in the Jade Empire. You may want to read his history. I think it could be fun to play this out in character, but until Sheng says or does something related to this, I am likely just to treat you with suspicion and distrust.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng smiled at the Kobold, unaware is he says the truth or not. "Yes, we are going to do that, as he says, we'll be back for you. No sense in freeing you now if you are to become Dragon meal. Let's deal with one problem at a time."

Sheng approaches Genasi, both hands in the loose tunic's sleeves. He speaks in the language of Jade "When you introduced yourself, you said I'm Ji-. I've thought about it, I thought I had seen your face somewhere else; now I'm sure: you are the rouge spy of lord Kresh, Jin'emon. I don't own the dragonborn dog anything, so you don't have to fear me. However..." Sheng smiles in his usual viperous way. "I'll be interested in hearing you story when we have obliterated these reptiles. I guess you are enjoying it."

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
Gensai replies with a silent stare and then turns to head up the stairs.

[sblock=Effect I am going for]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw]YouTube - Dramatic Chipmunk[/ame]
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon is a tactican at heart: "Gensai, if you go alone against the enemies we just left above in a trapped corridor, you will die. If I come with you, the end will be the same. Maybe we have a chance if our new ... allies are helping. If not we should wait for them coming for us and regain our strength until then."
He looks expectantly at Sheng and Tikchik.

[sblock=OOC]

only 2 HS and nearly no useful encounter powers remaining.

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 59 / 59 Bloodied: 29
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 2 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"We cannot just leave Master Mervin and Master Rujah. They would not leave you, Master Riardon. You know I speak the truth. If you fear death, then stay. I have already died once, and I will gladly die again to save my masters." Looking to Fenwick, he said, "Are you coming?"

OOC: Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult; it's just so out of character for Gensai, and I suspect you as well. if those players weren't AWOL, we'd be there already.

I agree, it's not a great tactical move, but we can't just leave them. I am hoping when we go up, the other kobolds and our friends will be gone, and then we can double back, map a plan, and go from there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases