[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Good, clear the path between that undead and me, and I shall have the remanents of it's soul!" After saying that, Sheng starts making complicated martial manouvers. Each move produces an orb of brilliant light, of different colours, that coalesce in a single, giant chromatic orb. At the end of the casting, Sheng hits the orb with a high kick, that sends it flying towards the Marrowshriek skeleton. The orb crashes on the creature unleashing radiant energy over it. The creature shrieks, as the power of the Thousand Suns bask it's unholy body.

OOC: Chromatic Orb vs Marrowshriek, hits for 29 radiant dmg, and the MS is dazed (save ends). Move to L 22

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: GM:
A. Does the dazed condition break the grab?

B. If not, if I use my encounter move to teleport, does that break the grab?

[sblock=WIP Ignore]

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: (+1 AC/Ref)
Standard: Total Defense

• Targets:
  • Attack:
  • Damage:
  • Effect:

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 9
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19

Defenses:

AC: 26, Fort: 23, Reflex: 23, Will: 19 -- Speed: 6

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Vitality:
HP: 81/81, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 40, Surge Value: 20, Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Hellspike Assault, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: GM:
A. Does the dazed condition break the grab?

B. If not, if I use my encounter move to teleport, does that break the grab?

GM: Unfortunately, a dazed condition end's a grab :erm::
Effects that End a Grab: If you are affected by a condition that prevents you from taking opportunity actions (such as dazed, stunned, surprised, or unconscious), you immediately let go of a grabbed enemy.

BenBrown

First Post
Renewed by Riardon's shout, Fenwick swings at a nearby skeleton, barely missing.

[sblock=actions]Standard: Howl of Fury vs. Skeleton I18 (1d20+14=26)[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 8
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:20
:bmelee: +14 vs. AC, 1d12+9 damage (brutal 2, high crit)

HP:65/73, Bloodied:36, Surge Value:18, Surges left:9/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike,
Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves

Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Resourceful Leader: When an ally Fenwick can see spends an action point to make an attack, the ally gains a
+3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit or gains 3 temporary hit points on a miss.

Conditions: Dazed
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: The archers aren't on the map because they are on the "third story" of the lighthouse, the floor of which is thirty feet (6 squares) up. I have to say no, but I do so reluctantly, because I'm fighting the curiosity to see how the party would do separated like that.

You can, however, teleport to the second floor (which holds unknown dangers) in hopes that you can reach the third floor on your own to surprise the archers. :devil:

Tenchuu

First Post
As the Marrowshriek attacked him, the ronin gave as good as he got. He drew his katana, cold as winter, and cut deep into the undead.

Free from it's grasp, Gensai drew his weapon again, and this time it hissed fire. The attack was off the mark, but his magic mark was not. "You will not hurt anyone else, Oni, or you will burn."

Sheathing his blade, Gensai closed his eyes, and vanished.

OOC: I don't think this is an issue anymore, but just in case: No one mark the Marrowshriek. I've got one bad ass damage reducing / damage dealing mark on him.

GM: Put me anywhere on the second floor. Closer to getting to the third floor would be a preference, if Gensai would know that.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Immediate Interrupt vs Marrowshriek: Frost Backlash vs reflex
Attack: 1d20+15=35 CRIT (note: rolled the wrong damage on IC, but it doesn't matter)
Damage: 3d8+7=31 +1D6=3 = 34
Standard: Swordmage Shielding Fire

• Target: Marrowshriek
  • Attack: 1d20+12=18 Miss
  • Damage: 2d8+10=0
  • Effect: The creature is marked as if from your Swordmage Aegis power until the end of the encounter. This does not end existing marks placed by your Swordmage Aegis power, and using your Swordmage Aegis power to mark another enemy does not end this mark. Another creature’s mark supersedes this one. Until the end of the encounter, when you reduce the damage the target deals using aegis of shielding, the target takes fire damage equal to the amount of damage your aegis of shielding power prevents.

Move: Armathor's Step to second floor (+1 AC/Ref)

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 9
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19

Defenses:

AC: 26, Fort: 23, Reflex: 23, Will: 19 -- Speed: 6

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage

Vitality:
HP: 45/81, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 40, Surge Value: 20, Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Hellspike Assault, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: I know I've been MIA on this thread for a while, but I'm trying to work Gensai's Teleportation to the second floor into the story. To make matters worse, I'll be out of town beginning Thrusday, returning Tuesday (20th of September). I will not likely have internet access during this time. Apologies all around.

I'll be in the Washington D.C. area. Anyone local to there?

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Sheng's arcane attack makes the Marrowshriek skeleton lose concentration for an instant. That instant is all Gensai needs. The blademater lands a blow on the boney creature and instantly disappears.

Hankel swings at the thing wildly and moves away, hoping to distract one of the lesser skeletons so that TikChik can sneak up behind.

The ploy works only half as well as was hoped. The Thri-kreen fells one of the skeletons standing next to Fenwick, but can't manage to connect with the other.

The marrowshriek pursues Hankel, but is too dumfounded by Sheng's magic to do anything but stagger forward.

The distracted skeleton chooses Riardon for a target. The choice, however, turns out to be a poor one as the skeletal soldier's blad glances off of the eladrin's tough armor.

Arrows rain down once again from the battlements. Most fly wild and miss their targets, but one catches Fenwick in the shoulder.

All the while, the iron defenders stand at the gate to the lighthouse, uncaring as to what goes on without, but clearly protective of their territory.
GM: Sorry about being out of town, but I'm back

Just a reminder:
Your objective here is to get into the lighthouse, find the Greataxe named Stang, and light the beacon at the top of the lighthouse.

[sblock=Hankel's and TikChik's Actions]Hankel:
Standard: Warhammer
Target: Marrowshriek
Attack: 1d20+14=18 vs. AC Miss

Move
: Shift to H20

TikChik:
Move: J18

Standard: Throw and Stab
Target 1: I17
Attack 1: 1d20+15=34 vs. AC for 1d10+4=11 damage
Effect: Shift to J20 and Make MBA Attack
Target 2: I20
Attack 2: 1d20+15+2(Flanking)=19 vs. AC Miss
[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Actions]Marrowshriek Skeleton:
Marrow Feast Recharge: 1d6=4 (No Recharge)

Move: to G20

Skeleton Soldier I20:
Standard: Longsword
Target: Riardon
Attack: 1d20+17=24 vs. AC Miss

Move:
Shift to H19

Skeleton Archer 1:
Standard: Longbow
Target: Hankel
Attack: 1d20+13=15 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 2:
Target: Fenwick
Attack: 1d20+13=23 vs. AC for 1d10+8=14 damage

Skeleton Archer 3:
Target: Hankel
Attack: 1d20+13=20 vs. AC Miss

Skeleton Archer 4:
Target: Sheng
Attack: 1d20+13=14 vs. AC Nat 1 Miss

Skeleton Archer 5:
Target: Riardon
Attack: 1d20+13=25 vs. AC Miss[/sblock][sblock=Status]Riardon: J19 53/64HP 1AP 8HS
Gensai: B16(Second Floor) 45+3thp/81HP 1AP 12HS
TikChik: J20 70/70HP 1AP 8HS
Sheng: L22 56/66HP 1AP 7HS
Fenwick: I18 51/73HP 1AP 9HS

Hankel: H20 14/32 Bloodied
Skeleton Archer 1: C19 On battlement above 76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 2: C20 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 3: C21 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 4: C22 On battlement above76/76 Cover
Skeleton Archer 5: C24 On battlement above76/76 Cover

Skeleton Soldier:
I17 Dead
Skeleton Soldier: I19 Dead
Skeleton Soldier: H19
Skeleton Soldier: K18 Dead

Marrowshriek Skeleton: F20 179/242HP Dazed Marked with Gensai's AoS

Iron Defender 1: -A15 on Stairs 115/115HP
Iron Defender 2: B16 115/115HP
Iron Defender 3: D17 115/115HP
Iron Defender 4: D19 115/115HP[/sblock][sblock=Map]
LighthouseKeep5.png
[/sblock][sblock=Hankel's Stats]
Hankel.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]X5
SkeletonArcher.png

4X
SkeletonSoldier.png

4X
IronDefender-1.png

MarrowshriekSkeleton.png
[/sblock][sblock=The Second Floor: Tenchuu Only]Gensai blinks back into the real world and feels a sudden sense of disorientation. He expected to appear at the foot of the steps to the third floor, but there are no stairs in sight. Instead, he is looking down a long corridor.[sblock=Map]
GensaiFloor2.png
[/sblock]Without, the noise of battle, some twenty feet below, carries on the evening air through the numerous arrow slits that dot the southern walls. Within, dry bones litter the floor, and everything is coated in a gossamer shroud of cobwebs and dust.

In the southwest corner of the corridor, the decayed body of a dwarven sentry lies above a stack of barrels, the contents of which are either dried up or well aged. One can only tell by trying.[sblock=Dead Dwarf on Barrels]
DeadArcheronBarrels.png
[/sblock][sblock=Insight DC 15]The bodies look to have been dead and undisturbed for over one hundred years.[/sblock]Further down the wall to the east, another sentry lies rotting on the floor, though his armor seems to be none the worse for wear.[sblock=Dead Dwarf in Full Armor]
DeadArcherinFullArmor.png
[/sblock]At the far end of the corridor, the southeast corner of the wall has been blown out as if by some horrid magic. What used to be an officer's private bedchamber is now exposed. Its desiccated occupant lying benath a decaying bed, still clutching his weapon: a rather ornate greataxe[sblock=Bedchamber]
DeadDwarfinBedChamber.png
[/sblock]

To the north, a small hallway proceeds into another area of the lighthouse, perhaps to the stairs.

GM: You have a choice to make:

• Take a closer look at the scenes described above
  • Try to find your way upstairs and clear out the archers on the roof.
Remember your overall objectives (see above)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases