D&D 4th Edition [Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79) - Page 44

+ Log in or register to post
Page 44 of 102 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 94 ... LastLast
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ý Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    The dwarf shambles over to the door, "For love of my father's beard, don't take all day," he rattles the barred cell door impatiently, "More will be here any minute."

The kobold prisoner also makes its way to its cell door, "Takesss me too?" it thrusts its hands through the bars imploringly, "Helpssss you I can. I knowsss a ssssecret way into the dragonsssss lair." its head bobs up and down excitedly, "Not asssss well guarded."

The dwarf looks at the thri-kreen's, "And if you don't mind, I'd like my knife back."

Tikchik looks down and realizes that in his hurry, he not only picked up his own belongings, but Sheng's and the dwarf's as well.
    Knife
    Last edited by H.M.Gimlord; Tuesday, 10th May, 2011 at 05:11 AM.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ý Ignore Voda Vosa
    "A most assertive statement that I second." Sheng says, noticing his valuable sorcerous blade in the hands of the Thri-kreen. "My dagger, now." he extends his hand demandingly.
    After he gets his dagger, Sheng moves to the kobold in the cell. "Where is the lair? Tell us now, and then we'll get you out."
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ý Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    "Nicess wizssssard. I'll tell you. Itsssss that way." The kobold points to the secret door and the corridor beyond, "Acrosss the bridge to the loading platfffffform, through the sleeep room and up the ladder." It smiles as if proud of this little known knowledge, "Only sixssss guardsesssss." It continues to smile as it holds out its hands once more for the expected honoring of Sheng's bargain.

The dwarf overhears the conversation, "He's right about the bridge, the platform, and the six guards. That is the way I came in, but I did not go far enough that way to see the ladder of which he speaks."

Insight DC 17
    Everything the kobold has said is true, even about the ladder, and it honestly hopes that Sheng will reward it with its release.
    Insight DC 24
    This kobold looks too "unimportant" to have secret knowledge about the entrance to a dragon's lair. There is something it is not telling you.

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

Riardon

Riardon looks at the dagger and back at the dwarf: "Dwarf, what is your name?"

OOC

if we discuss long enough, maybe this will cound as a short rest.

will use my las word to get back to full HP with one HS, as Riardon has currently the fewest surges remaining.

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

Mini stat block

Riardon d'Caelis
    Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
    AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
    Initiative: +4
    Hit Points: 39 / 59 Bloodied: 29
    Temporary Hit Points: 0
    Resist: -
    Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 3 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
    Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
    Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

Signature

Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

PS: English is NOT my native language!

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ý Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    OOC: Crazy RL. Impromptu family road trip. I won't be able to post until Friday the 13th. (That's oddly coincidental ain't it?)

"Are you a smith, master dwarf?" Gensai asks, perhaps having some moment of clarity. The moment is short lived however, as other threads of his past life poke at his mind, including a sense of danger from Sheng. To distract himself, and perhaps Sheng from the truth, he said, "This all can wait. We will come back for both of you. First, we must find Masters Mervin and Rujah. We cannot just leave out comrades behind."

OOC: Seriously guys. we just left our two long time travel companions (real life players' AWOL statuses aside) in the lurch. We would not do this. Lets just check on them, find out that the DM captured them both, and come back to rescue both prisoners.

@Voda Vosa ;
    Gensai is a soul reborn into the body of Jin, who is a wanted man in the Jade Empire. You may want to read his history. I think it could be fun to play this out in character, but until Sheng says or does something related to this, I am likely just to treat you with suspicion and distrust.
    L4E Character: Jin | Pic | Token

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ý Ignore Voda Vosa
    Sheng smiled at the Kobold, unaware is he says the truth or not. "Yes, we are going to do that, as he says, we'll be back for you. No sense in freeing you now if you are to become Dragon meal. Let's deal with one problem at a time."

Sheng approaches Genasi, both hands in the loose tunic's sleeves. He speaks in the language of Jade "When you introduced yourself, you said I'm Ji-. I've thought about it, I thought I had seen your face somewhere else; now I'm sure: you are the rouge spy of lord Kresh, Jin'emon. I don't own the dragonborn dog anything, so you don't have to fear me. However..." Sheng smiles in his usual viperous way. "I'll be interested in hearing you story when we have obliterated these reptiles. I guess you are enjoying it."
    Last edited by Voda Vosa; Tuesday, 10th May, 2011 at 11:32 PM.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

Gensai replies with a silent stare and then turns to head up the stairs.

Effect I am going for

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw]YouTube - Dramatic Chipmunk[/ame]

Riardon

Riardon is a tactican at heart: "Gensai, if you go alone against the enemies we just left above in a trapped corridor, you will die. If I come with you, the end will be the same. Maybe we have a chance if our new ... allies are helping. If not we should wait for them coming for us and regain our strength until then."
    He looks expectantly at Sheng and Tikchik.

OOC

only 2 HS and nearly no useful encounter powers remaining.

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

Mini stat block

Riardon d'Caelis
    Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
    AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
    Initiative: +4
    Hit Points: 59 / 59 Bloodied: 29
    Temporary Hit Points: 0
    Resist: -
    Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 2 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
    Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
    Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

Signature

Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

PS: English is NOT my native language!

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

"We cannot just leave Master Mervin and Master Rujah. They would not leave you, Master Riardon. You know I speak the truth. If you fear death, then stay. I have already died once, and I will gladly die again to save my masters." Looking to Fenwick, he said, "Are you coming?"

OOC: Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult; it's just so out of character for Gensai, and I suspect you as well. if those players weren't AWOL, we'd be there already.

I agree, it's not a great tactical move, but we can't just leave them. I am hoping when we go up, the other kobolds and our friends will be gone, and then we can double back, map a plan, and go from there.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 44 of 102 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 94 ... LastLast