D&D 4th Edition [Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79) - Page 62





+ Log in or register to post
Page 62 of 102 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1016
  1. #611
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,847

    Ý Ignore Voda Vosa
    Sheng thikns about the iron defenders for a moment, and then grins, seeing the Marrowshield skeleton so close to them. He summons the green mist of chaos with elaborated movements, and sends it towards the foul undead. The mist surrounds the helpless creature and enters into it's eye sockets, which start to glow in green now, the same glow appears on Sheng's eyes. "Walk among the constructs and into your doom!" the monk commands, and the skeleton obliges, marching straight in between both guardians. After the command is completed, the mist burst out of the skeleton's skull, leaving it cracked.

    Mist of Disarray Vs Marrowshield S: 25 vs will, hit for 14 psy dmg and slide Marrowshield skeleton to C17
    Here's me hoping the Iron defenders rend the skeleton into pieces for trespassing.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

 

  • #612
    Gensai moved through the room toward the bed chamber, to examine the great axe. "Could this be Stang? How would I know?" he thought.
    L4E Character: Jin | Pic | Token

  • #613
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ý Ignore BenBrown
    Fenwick finishes off the skeleton in front of him in a thunderous strike
    actions
    Fenwick stat block
    Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 8
    Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
    AC:21, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:20
    +14 vs. AC, 1d12+9 damage (brutal 2, high crit)

    HP:51/73, Bloodied:36, Surge Value:18, Surges left:9/11
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
    Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
    Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike,
    Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves

    Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

    Resourceful Leader: When an ally Fenwick can see spends an action point to make an attack, the ally gains a
    +3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit or gains 3 temporary hit points on a miss.

    Conditions:
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #614
    Riardon

    Riardon advances, signaling the sorcerer to attack again, but his direction orders are insufficient.

    OOC


    Retconned as Riardon could not enter melee reach.

    free: change damage to radiant
    Move: 19G
    standard: directing strike for Sheng to basic attack Marrowshield skeleton. Miss with a rolled 4.


    -----

    When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

    Mini stat block

    Riardon d'Caelis
    Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
    AC 28 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
    Initiative: +4
    Hit Points: 53 / 64 Bloodied: 32
    Temporary Hit Points: 0
    Resist: -
    Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Healing Surge:16 Surges per day: 8 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
    Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
    Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Warlord's Recovery, Sunblade Burst

    Condition:

    Last edited by Walking Dad; Tuesday, 27th September, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #615
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,847

    Ý Ignore Voda Vosa
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dad View Post

    Riardon advances to provide a flak versus the large skeleton
    Skeleton is now at C17 due to Sheng's sliding him. You should retcon.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #616
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,677

    Ý Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    Much to Sheng's dismay, the skeleton moves back among the mechanical beasts as if they were his pets. It reaches a bony hand down in a mockery a master scratchingn his hound behind the ears. Bones scrape on rusting metal, making an erie sound, so unnatural in its context.

    The skeleton then tosses its head back in a laugh as he fades from view.

    Sheng retreats to a safe distance from which he can harry his enemies. From this vantage point, he notices that the southeast corner of the tower is crumbled away, offering a way in that bypasses the main gate.

    Hankel charges forward attempting to fell one of the metallic guardians, but his axe glances off of the construct's galvanized hide.

    TikChik races in to distract them away from the over zeaous dwarf, managing to get their attention, and do some damage in the process, but ends up on the receiving end of some damage himself.

    The constructs surround him, with razor teeth, mounted in steel jaws.

    A third of the quickened hounds charges forward, between TikChik's legs, and out forward of the gate, challenging Riardon, it's jaws snapping just short of the eladrin's face.

    Arrows rain down, striking Fenwick in the chest, just below the orc's right collarbone. At this point, the barbarian is beginning to resemble a pin cushion. As he pulls breaks the end of the shaft off in an attempt to free the arrow, his eyes go wide with horror as he sees one of the arrows bury itself in Hankel's back. The dwarf goes down.
    GM: Just a reminder:
    Your objective here is to get into the lighthouse, find the Greataxe named Stang, and light the beacon at the top of the lighthouse.

    Hankel's and TikChik's Actions
    Hankel:
    Standard: Charge to E20
    Target: Iron Defender at D19
    Attack: 1d20+14=18 vs. AC Miss

    Move: Shift to E21

    TikChik:
    Move: to F18

    Standard: Attack on the Run
    Target 1: Iron Defender at D19
    Attack 1: 1d20+15=25 vs. AC for 3d10+11=20/2(miss)=10 damage
    Target 2: Iron Defender at D17
    Attack 2: 1d20+15=28 vs. AC for 3d10+11=20 damage and the Iron Defender at D17 takes a - 2 to attacks until the end of TikChik's next turn.

    Minor: Thri-kreen Claws
    Target 1: Iron Defender at D19
    Attack 1: 1d20+12=23 vs. AC Miss
    Target 2: Iron Defender at D17
    Attack 2: 1d20+12=17 vs. AC Miss
    Target 3: Marrowshriek Skelleton
    Attack 3: 1d20+12=27 vs. AC for 1d8+7+3(# of targets)=17 damage

    Enemy Actions
    Marrowshriek Skeleton:
    Marrow Feast Recharge: 1d6=2 (Nope)

    Standard: Shadowrought
    Effect: Marrowshriek Skeleton is now invisible
    Move: to...?
    Stealth: 1d20+14=27
    Iron Defender 1
    Move: to B16
    Standard: Ready Action
    Readied Action
    Charge next enemy that moves through or adjacent to E18

    Iron Defender 2 (B16)
    Standard:
    Charge to F19
    OA: TikChik
    Attack: 1d20+15=21 vs. AC Miss
    Target: Riardon
    Attack: 1d20+16+1=24 vs. AC Miss

    Iron Defender 3 (D17)

    Standard:
    Bite
    Target: TikChik
    Attack: 1d20+16-2(Harmony Blade)+2(Flanking)=32 vs. AC for 1d8+6=8 damage

    Iron Defender 4 (D19)
    Standard: Bite
    Target: TikChik
    Attack: 1d20+16+2(Flanking)=32 vs. AC for 1d8+6=13 damage

    Skeleton Archer 1:
    Standard:
    Longbow
    Target: Riardon
    Attack: 1d20+13=18 vs. AC Miss

    Skeleton Archer 2:
    Standard:
    Longbow
    Target: Sheng
    Attack: 1d20+13=19 vs. AC Miss

    Skeleton Archer 3:
    Standard:
    Longbow
    Target: Fenwick
    Attack: 1d20+13=30 vs. AC for 1d10+8=18 damage


    Skeleton Archer 4:
    Standard:
    Longbow
    Target: Fenwick
    Attack: 1d20+13=20 vs. AC Miss


    Skeleton Archer 5:
    Standard:
    Longbow
    Target: Hankel
    Re-Rolled Target (Forgot that Gensai is on the 2nd floor)
    Attack: 1d20+13=29 vs. AC for 1d10+8=14 damage


    Status
    Riardon: G19 53/64HP 1AP 8HS
    Gensai: B16(Second Floor) 45+3thp/81HP 1AP 12HS
    TikChik: D18 49/70HP 0AP 8HS
    Sheng: L22 56/66HP 1AP 7HS
    Fenwick: I19 33/73HP 1AP 9HS Bloodied

    Hankel: E21 0/32 Unconscious
    Skeleton Archer 1: C19 On battlement above 76/76 Cover
    Skeleton Archer 2: C20 On battlement above76/76 Cover
    Skeleton Archer 3: C21 On battlement above76/76 Cover
    Skeleton Archer 4: C22 On battlement above76/76 Cover
    Skeleton Archer 5: C24 On battlement above76/76 Cover
    Skeleton Soldier: I17Dead
    Skeleton Soldier: I19Dead
    Skeleton Soldier: H19 Dead
    Skeleton Soldier: K18 Dead

    Marrowshriek Skeleton: ??? 148/242HP

    Iron Defender 1: B23 115/115HP
    Iron Defender 2: F19 115/115HP -2 to attacks until end of TikChik's next turn
    Iron Defender 3: D17 95/115HP
    Iron Defender 4: D19 115/115HP
    Map
    Hankel's Stats
    Enemy Stats
    X5


    4X


    4X



    The Second Floor
    Tenchu examines the axe. It appears to be a greataxe of dwarven make inlaid with two, blue crystals: one on the pommel and one inset in the blade.
    The Axe
    Around the pommel is a dwarven script
    Script
    Maps
    Close Up
    Wide View
    Other points of interest on this floor

    In the southwest corner of the corridor, the decayed body of a dwarven sentry lies above a stack of barrels, the contents of which are either dried up or well aged. One can only tell by trying.
    Dead Dwarf on Barrels
    Insight DC 15
    The bodies look to have been dead and undisturbed for over one hundred years.
    Further down the wall to the east, another sentry lies rotting on the floor, though his armor seems to be none the worse for wear.
    Dead Dwarf in Full Armor
    At the far end of the corridor, the southeast corner of the wall has been blown out as if by some horrid magic.

    To the north, a small hallway proceeds into another area of the lighthouse, perhaps to the stairs.
    GM: Choices:

    • Examine the greataxe further (i.e.: pick it up and try to use it)
    • Examine some of the other points of interest on this floor
    • Try to find your way upstairs and clear out the archers on the roof.

    Remember your overall objectives (see above)
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • #617
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,847

    Ý Ignore Voda Vosa
    "Idiots, retreat from that point and take that sack of potatoes with you! I've devised another way to get into the lighthouse. Hurry before foul undead unload another volley of arrows. Follow my lead!" Sheng's words sting more than the arrows, he points at the limp body of Hankel and to the crumbled away part of the tower, before rushing there himself.

    OOC: Move to D26. Further actions will depend on what he sees there.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #618
    Gensai reached, with some hesitation, and picked up the axe.

    OOC: So long as nothing bad happens, I'll post the rest of my turn
    L4E Character: Jin | Pic | Token

  • #619
    Riardon

    Riardon roars as he misses the construct in front of him. This attack isn't proceeding as he planned.

    OOC


    free: change damage to radiant
    standard: Lion's Roar vs 19F.


    -----

    When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

    Mini stat block

    Riardon d'Caelis
    Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
    AC 28 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
    Initiative: +4
    Hit Points: 53 / 64 Bloodied: 32
    Temporary Hit Points: 0
    Resist: -
    Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Healing Surge:16 Surges per day: 8 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
    Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
    Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Warlord's Recovery, Sunblade Burst

    Condition:

    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #620
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ý Ignore BenBrown
    Fenwick growls.

    "Now Fenwick is carrying dwarf?" he sighs. "Oh well, just like in old days when Fenwick carry cousin who is hurt attempting to wrestle with panther. Cousin is big and strong and good match for other wrestlers, but unfortunately not have claws which panther has plenty. Fenwick have to pick up cousin and carry him all the way back to village while other members of tribe fend off angry panther with spears. Fenwick told to carry then, Fenwick told to carry now." He sighs again, hefting the fallen dwarf over his shoulder. "This Fenwick's lot in life."

    ooc
    Move: to G20
    Minor: Pick up Hankel
    Standard->Move: to K19
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 62 of 102 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 840
      Last Post: Monday, 1st August, 2011, 09:19 PM
    2. Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1085
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th November, 2010, 11:30 AM
    3. Replies: 927
      Last Post: Tuesday, 20th April, 2010, 02:49 AM
    4. Replies: 535
      Last Post: Monday, 8th March, 2010, 09:49 PM
    5. Replies: 526
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th January, 2010, 04:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •