D&D 4th Edition [Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79) - Page 65





+ Log in or register to post
Page 65 of 102 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 1016
  1. #641
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ý Ignore BenBrown
    ooc
    Does Hankel get to spend a healing surge because of Stand the Fallen?

    Also, please state effects in your posts, folks. The pace we're at, I forget what people's abilities do. I would have blithely ignored this one if I hadn't looked it up out of sheer curiosity.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

 

  • #642
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,677

    Ý Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    GM: I believe Hankel does get the benefit of StF. Thus healing 8hp, and regaining consciousness.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • #643
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    ooc
    Does Hankel get to spend a healing surge because of Stand the Fallen?

    Also, please state effects in your posts, folks. The pace we're at, I forget what people's abilities do. I would have blithely ignored this one if I hadn't looked it up out of sheer curiosity.
    ooc
    I always list the effects in my OOC.

    effect: all allies in 10 sqs can spend a HS.
    What shall I write IC? 'Riardon calls and suddenly all you feel healed'???

    The healing fluff is sometimes a bit hard to describe for a warlord
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #644
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ý Ignore BenBrown
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dad View Post
    ooc
    I always list the effects in my OOC.
    ooc
    Whoops. Sorry, didn't notice that. I'm not sure how I missed that, and I apologize.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #645
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ý Ignore BenBrown
    Inspired by Riardon's war cry, and seeing that Hankel is now coming around, Fenwick leaves the dwarf where he is, and makes a move to help the warlord, who appears threatened by several foes. Seeing that the creatures guarding the gate are poised to strike, Fenwick rushes around behind Riardon, and with a wild cry goes crashing at the more wounded of the defenders. The creature bites him as he approaches. He hits hard, but not enough to take the thing down. Warily, he steps back around the edge of the doorway.
    Actions
    Regain 18 HP from Stand the Fallen, putting him at 69/73 (you missed last turn's AP and Second Wind in the "status" block)

    Insight roll about Iron Defender ready action: 15(1d20) +4 = 19
    Move: to K19
    Standard: charge to E17
    Iron Defender 3 bite vs. Fenwick: 18(1d20) +16 -2 = 32; 1(1d8) +6 = 7
    Howling Strike (Charge) vs. Iron Defender 3: 14(1d20) +14 +1 = 29; 5(1d12.minroll(3)) +3(1d8) +6(2d6) +9 = 23
    Free: shift to E16
    Fenwick stat block
    Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 8
    Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
    AC:21, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:20
    +14 vs. AC, 1d12+9 damage (brutal 2, high crit)

    HP:62/73, Bloodied:36, Surge Value:18, Surges left:7/11
    Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
    Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
    Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike,
    Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves

    Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

    Resourceful Leader: When an ally Fenwick can see spends an action point to make an attack, the ally gains a
    +3 bonus to damage rolls on a hit or gains 3 temporary hit points on a miss.

    Conditions:
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #646
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,677

    Ý Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    OOC: Sorry for the long pause. I'll post an update tomorrow.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • #647
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,677

    Ý Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    Hankel comes to and immediately springs into action, "Let us send these hellhounds back to whence they came!" hurling a hammer at one of the canine constructs. Unfortunately, his hammer misses.

    TikChik attempts an awkward exit, and almost loses another arm as he hacks at his ferrous foe. To make matters worse, the archer moves forward and sends a shaft deep into the thri-kreen's shoulder.

    The clanking dogs continue to defend their territory, snapping at Riardon and Fenwick. The eladrin manages to avoid the razor-sharp teeth, but Fenwick is not so lucky. The construct bites and holds onto Fenwick's arm, forcing the orc to shed a great deal of blood shaking the thing loose.

    Arrows rain from above, and in a sad twist of irony, manage to find the dwarf once more. Hankel goes down.

    OOC: Sunblade critical hit damage: 2d6=11
    Hankel's and TikChik's Actions
    Hankel:
    Standard: Throwing Hammer at Iron Defender 3
    Target: Iron Defender 3
    Attack: 1d20+13=23 vs. AC Miss


    TikChik:
    Standard: Jaws of the Wolf
    Target: Iron Defender 1
    Attack 1: 1d20+15=17 for (2d10+11)/2=16 damage
    Attack 2: 1d20+15=17 for (2d10+11)/2=13 damage
    Move: to D27
    Iron Defender OA: 1d20+16=29 vs. AC for 1d8+6=11 damage
    TikChik OA: 1d10+15=18 vs. AC Miss
    Shift to D25
    Continue move to D29

    Enemy Actions:
    Skeleton Archer 6:
    Standard: Longbow
    Target: TikChik
    Attack: 1d20+13-2(Cover)=24 vs. AC for 1d10+8=16 damage
    Move: to B18

    Iron Defender 1:
    Standard: Charge to C25
    Target: Sheng
    Attack: 1d20+16=34 vs. AC for 1d8+6=13 damage
    Move: Shift to C24

    Iron Defender 2:
    Standard: Bite
    Target: Riardon
    Attack: 1d20+16=18 vs. AC Miss

    Iron Defender 3:
    Standard: Bite
    Target: Fenwick
    Attack: 1d20+16-2(Chilling Cloud)=21 vs. AC for 1d8+6=13 damage


    Iron Defender 4:
    Standard: Ready Action
    Insight DC 15
    Readied Action is to attack any creature that enters E18-E20



    Skeleton Archer 1:
    Standard: Longbow
    Target: Hankel
    Attack: 1d20+13=14 vs. AC Miss

    Skeleton Archer 2:
    Standard: Longbow
    Target: Riardon
    Attack: 1d20+13=22 vs. AC Miss

    Skeleton Archer 3:
    Standard: Longbow
    Target: Riardon
    Attack: 1d20+13=25 vs. AC Miss

    Skeleton Archer 4:
    Standard: Longbow
    Target: Hankel
    Attack: 1d20+13=21 vs. AC for 1d10+8=9 damage

    Skeleton Archer 5:
    Standard: Longbow
    Target: Riardon
    Attack: 1d20+13=25 vs. AC Miss
    Status
    Riardon: H18 53/64HP 1AP 7HS
    Gensai: B17(Second Floor) 43/81HP 1AP 11HS
    TikChik: D27 10/70HP 0AP 7HS Bloodied
    Sheng: C26 30/66HP 1AP 6HS Bloodied
    Fenwick: E16 49/73HP 0AP 7HS

    Hankel: [COLOR=sienna]F24 -1/32 Unconscious
    Skeleton Archer 1: C19 On battlement above76/76 Cover
    Skeleton Archer 2: C20 On battlement above76/76 Cover
    Skeleton Archer 3: C21 On battlement above76/76 Cover
    Skeleton Archer 4: C22 On battlement above76/76 Cover
    Skeleton Archer 5: C24 On battlement above76/76 Cover
    Skeleton Archer 6: B18 62/76
    Skeleton Soldier: I17Dead
    Skeleton Soldier: I19Dead
    Skeleton Soldier: H19 Dead
    Skeleton Soldier: K18 Dead

    Marrowshriek Skeleton: ??? 148/242HP

    Iron Defender 1: C25 86/115HP
    Iron Defender 2: G18 69/115HP
    Iron Defender 3: D17 9/115HP Bloodied -2 to attacks while in D17-F19
    Iron Defender 4: D19 71/115HP-2 to attacks while in D17-F19
    Map
    Terrain
    The well is of an unknown depth (until someone looks in). It can be climbed with an extra square of movement, but moving out of its square requires a DC 20 Acrobatics check or the creature must save vs. falling into the well.

    The bone piles and rubble areas are difficult terrain.
    Hankel's Stats
    Enemy Stats
    X5


    4X


    4X



    The Second Floor
    The ronin withdraws his blade from the cask to find it coated in a thick layer of oil. Despite having been stored in the cask for considerable years, the oil is pure, leaving a glistening trail as it seeps from the stab wound into a puddle on the stone floor.

    Gensai stares at the puddle and then at the narrow windows, considering what to do next: Up the stairs, or throw the axe to his friends below?
    Stang's Stats


    Picture of Stang
    Around the pommel is a dwarven script
    Script


    Translation: When it is my turn, I will show you my power.
    Maps
    Wide View
    Other points of interest on this floor

    In the southwest corner of the corridor, the decayed body of a dwarven sentry lies above a stack of barrels, the contents of which are either dried up or well aged. One can only tell by trying.
    Dead Dwarf on Barrels
    Insight DC 15
    The bodies look to have been dead and undisturbed for over one hundred years.
    Further down the wall to the east, another sentry lies rotting on the floor, though his armor seems to be none the worse for wear.
    Dead Dwarf in Full Armor
    At the far end of the corridor, the southeast corner of the wall has been blown out as if by some horrid magic.

    To the north, a small hallway proceeds into another area of the lighthouse, perhaps to the stairs.
    GM: Choices:

    • Examine some of the other points of interest on this floor
    • Try to find your way upstairs and clear out the archers on the roof.
    • Attempt to light the beacon.
    • Throw the axe to your comrades

    Remember that your overall objective is to recover Stang and light the beacon.
    Last edited by H.M.Gimlord; Wednesday, 9th November, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • #648
    Riardon

    "Fenwick, we need to concentrate on one opponent at a time!"
    Riardon calls, invigorating the barbarian. His own blow misses, but he at least provides an opportunity to flank.

    OOC


    standard: Warlord's Favor vs 18G.
    move: shift to H19
    minor: inspiring word on Fenwick (T'kchik is to far away)
    see ben brown's next post


    -----

    When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

    Mini stat block

    Riardon d'Caelis
    Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
    AC 28 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
    Initiative: +4
    Hit Points: 53 / 64 Bloodied: 32
    Temporary Hit Points: 0
    Resist: -
    Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Healing Surge:16 Surges per day: 8 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
    Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
    Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Warlord's Recovery, Sunblade Burst

    Condition:

    Last edited by Walking Dad; Wednesday, 9th November, 2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #649
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,850

    Ý Ignore Voda Vosa
    Making a more practical display of martial skills, Sheng makes a backflip kick, smashing the iron defender's head with his foot, and then as h finish the spin, he punches the golem in the upper side of the neck. The creature stumbles to a side, as the monk hurries in, making a quick jump to evade the snapping mandibles of the iron dog. His path takes him behind the skeleton archer, where the jadite unleashes another set of moves. They seem much like Tai-Chi-Chuan, slow motion circular moves. As he executes the stance, the wind around he monk swirls and buffets the enemies, until it turns into a tornado! The winds strike at the three creatures, sending the iron defenders out, stumbling in the wind, but the skeleton, being made of less wind resistant material, just slides softly.
    In the aftermatch, the sorceror, now levitating, quickly flies up the stairs.

    actions

    AP: Twin thunder vs iron defender in C25: Hit for 15, slide to D25 (using centred flurry of blows). Power grants a move action without generating AP from 1 adjacent creature, so Sheng moves to A18
    Stdrd: Using Winds of Change, hit both iron defenders, bu miss skeleton archer. SKA suffers 11 dmg and is pushed to C18, while ID at D17 and D19 sufer 22 dmg and are pushed to G17 and G19 respectively.
    Move: Sheng has gained Fly by Winds of Change, so he flies up the stairs.

    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #650
    "LOOK OUT BELOW, FOR THE AXE OF AGES COMES FROM ON NIGH!"
    Gensai proclaimed.

    Second Floor


    Not sure how all this would work, given my component of actions. So I will:

    1. Discard Axe out of nearest window-slit

    2. push over a barrel of oil (preferably not the I put a leak in)

    3. Roll said barrel down the hallway, ideally with sword still in hand. But if it will slow me considerably, stow blade.

    L4E Character: Jin | Pic | Token

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 65 of 102 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 840
      Last Post: Monday, 1st August, 2011, 09:19 PM
    2. Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1085
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th November, 2010, 11:30 AM
    3. Replies: 927
      Last Post: Tuesday, 20th April, 2010, 02:49 AM
    4. Replies: 535
      Last Post: Monday, 8th March, 2010, 09:49 PM
    5. Replies: 526
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th January, 2010, 04:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •