DDI VT Beta thread

Rydac

Explorer
Also got invite today...thanks to a friend!
Really looking forward to trying this out both
as player and DM. I'll post back here for any
interested ENworlders when I'm ready to run
a table.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Like a good little beta tester I finally managed to break it :D

Serious memory leaks in the drawing tools :rant:

So some mates of mine have invites so I plan to see what else we can break. :devil:

Other than that I have been pretty impressed.

WalterKovacs

First Post
Just got my invite recently too. Haven't mucked about too much because of finals, and I'll be heading home and stuck with pretty much just an iPad over Xmas. Hopefully I can try a bit more stuff out in the new year, until then it will be mostly messing about with encounter planning for my Dark Sun Campaign.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
My invite appeared yesterday. haven't had chance to play with it yet but will be trying later tonight, may talk mad plans with a friend and run a game on his flat screen TV.

abyssaldeath

First Post
I got my invite this week and played a little last night. The character information needs work, especially need to add inventory. The way it is right now you need to have a character sheet in front of you to go along with your character in the VT.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I got my invite this week and played a little last night. The character information needs work, especially need to add inventory. The way it is right now you need to have a character sheet in front of you to go along with your character in the VT.
I've played some as well. Aside from CB character import, it was fun enough.

For inventory, we just put i on the "Notes" section of our sheet (as with class features and feats). Works, but may not be ideal depending upon how much you want from your character information.

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
Played in an 8-person (7 PC) one-shot on Friday night on the VTT. It worked well enough. The largest issue we ran into was that with that many people, we invariably ended up talking over each other. But that was the product of there being 8 people in there.

Even so, with 8 people, it worked VERY smoothly. There was some annoying lag, but not enough to ruin things.

Key complaints are exactly what everyone else has been reporting. My understanding is that a number of issues brought up before have already been addressed by the dev team. So I have hopes that these things will be taken care of.

Than

First Post
I may have missed it, but I did read the thread and there is one question I have:

Does this map application require the DM's PC to be on running it for a player to access it?

I ask this as I wonder if it would be good for play by post games, where of course the DM may not have his PC on when the player makes a turn. So if his map application is hosted 24/7 by the server and can be accessed by all at anytime regardless of if DM's PC is on or not then this may be good for PBP...

Dannager

First Post
I may have missed it, but I did read the thread and there is one question I have:

Does this map application require the DM's PC to be on running it for a player to access it?

I ask this as I wonder if it would be good for play by post games, where of course the DM may not have his PC on when the player makes a turn. So if his map application is hosted 24/7 by the server and can be accessed by all at anytime regardless of if DM's PC is on or not then this may be good for PBP...

The VTT currently works on a ticket-based system. The DM starts a game up, and can invite players. Players have to enter a ticket code to join a game, and once they enter that code they can hop in and out of that game as much as they want for 24 hours (I believe). That's how it's set up at the moment.

Whether this stays the same or will change upon release remains to be seen, but it is currently not set up in a way that would allow you to easily run a PbP, as you would need to enter a new ticket code every day in order to make your move. The system is designed to facilitate live, online games.

Remove ads