DDI VT Beta thread

MarauderX

Explorer
Y'know, a feature I hope they include is the ability to save the voice chat as an audio file. I know the ones we do now for our online game are actually kinda fun to listen to.

Not currently, but recorded audio & chat logs are part of my feedback wishlist. However it is so easy to set up an audio recorder behind the digital scenes, I can imagine it being easy with or without it in the VT.

beldar1215

Explorer
I got to play in a game last night. I had a great time. We did have an issue with the voice chat. We could only hear one person. For some reason my mic did not work.

Some of my thoughts:
As tons of others have said, they have to make importing from the CB and MB an option. Putting in everything by hand was kind of a pain.

They need to do damage and other calculations automatically. Have to do it manually was also kind of a pain (IE hit point loss)

Invisible creatures should not show up in the initiative list.

That's the biggies for me. We are playing again next week and we all plan on having new or different mics to try.

Beldar

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
I have enjoyed tinkering with the VT. I have not had voice system problems yet in any game or table I have been at.

And the obvious addition of the ability to import stuff is the top thing on everyones list, that and more tiles as well.

It has been a lot of fun and has brought me back to my days of LG playing online with people from around the world.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I also had fun playing today, first time online on a VTT. The voice stuff did not work. I could hear everyone initially and then the DM's voice faded and idsappeared. Occasionally I would hear something.

Scribble

First Post
Does it let you play sound clips?

It would be cool if it did... You could do stuff like setup a scene where two npcs are interacting ahead of time, and play it at the right time.

IronWolf

blank

It would be cool if it did... You could do stuff like setup a scene where two npcs are interacting ahead of time, and play it at the right time.

That could be pretty cool. You can pull this off with Ventrilo with a little setup.

mac1504

Explorer

As I've been evaluating a few VTT solutions lately (d20pro, Maptoools, FG2, etc.) it doesn't seem that any of them do this natively. I've found one suggestion of linking an mp3 or any sound file to a shared online site for everyone to play, but that seems a bit clunky. It would be nice if someone had a solution to playing music and sound effects (outside of the system sounds that the VTT's sometimes play) inside of the application, or even an add-on solution.

I really like the idea of a scripted scene of dialog playing between NPCs.

Remove ads