OT: So... Who am I gaming with?

Darksteed

First Post
There are a ton of people here that play Cryx. Seems uber popular. I play Blindwater Congregation as my main faction. Go go Gatormen! Have roughly 100 points painted up already. Just waiting on the Bull Snappers and Ironback Spitters to come out for some more Warbeast aid. My original Army was Trollbloods and I'm still painting and collection those as well, and I have a small Farrow army on the go as well. What can I say I like them there Hordes guys.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
As with all online communities, people come and go. I'm happy to say that more people have come to L4W than gone.

Specifically, we've had a lot of new arrivals since this thread was last updated, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

It's purely voluntary. In fact it might be a good idea to keep specific, PII (personally identifying informoation) out of your post. Just tell us the interesting stuff. We love stories. That's why we're here :).

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
As with all online communities, people come and go. I'm happy to say that more people have come to L4W than gone.

Specifically, we've had a lot of new arrivals since this thread was last updated, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

It's purely voluntary. In fact it might be a good idea to keep specific, PII (personally identifying informoation) out of your post. Just tell us the interesting stuff. We love stories. That's why we're here :).

Figure I'd hit this post up eventually.

My real name is John and I'm 31'ish. I add the "ish" because I still love the things I did when I was younger. D&D, for example. I started playing during the 2E days, with the black books. I met some of my oldest friends because of AD&D and have some great memories with them. We're all scattered to different parts of the country now and have a hard time getting a game going, but we talk big and have great aspirations about it.

I was in the U.S. Army until recently. I've been all over Europe, drank some great beer there, and met some more astounding people. I fulfilled my contract in 2010 and I live in California after getting out. I work for the government now. I have a lovely wife, who laughs at me every time I bring up this old hobby of mine, and two children - a three year old and a one month old.

I've always been a fan of storytelling and used to be quite a writer. Now, however, I tend to ramble, fumble over what I actually want to write, and use too many commas in my sentences. My intentions are good though; I still like telling a good yarn.

I've dabbled in PbP before but the board I started on didn't feel very warm or welcoming, and the people there quickly turned me away from it. When I stumbled upon enworld.org, though, the friendly camaraderie hit me in the face and I definitely like what I've seen so far. Plus, it helps knock the cobwebs off of my sub-par writing skills.

nerdytenor

First Post
Hello all. My name is not nerdytenor, although I am both nerdy and a tenor. I am Dan, mid/late thirties, married, one preschooler, just moved to Colorado last year from California. I have degrees in computer science and voice (yes, singing) - I have used both of them to various degrees in my professional career, having been 100% programmer, 100% singer, and every combo in between since graduation. I just quit my day job to start my own software business (explaining my flakiness on these boards - sorry about that!) I am now approximately 80% programmer/20% singer.

As for D&D, I'm a late bloomer. Sort of. Been playing computer games since forever. Was interested in D&D as a teenager but didn't really have anyone to play with. Started to actually play with some friends around my 30th birthday, and then I found these boards. These damn boards. :)

Since so many brought up the beer angle, I thought I'd mention that I brew beer. In fact, the last batch I made, a Wee Heavy, is one of the finest beers I have ever created. If you are looking for another time-suck of a hobby, I'd highly recommend brewing. It's pretty easy to make good beer (great beer is another story).

- nerdytenor

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases