[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Gerald007

First Post
"My stuff is too heavy," the witch, Sylvain gripes to his scorpion, Waltor as he wanders in the shop. "Hopefully they have something to help with that. If not, you're gonna have to cut down on all those crickets. You are bulking up a bit, you know..."

The tiny scorpion only gives a hiss in response as they look through the bags and sacks in the store.
OOC: Looking for a Handy Haversack and I am denied. Therefor, I'll commission a Handy Haversack on November 29, so it should be ready December 3rd. 2000 gp, which I assume I will pay up front and deduct from Syl now, taking him from 3,883 gp to 1,883 gp.

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim rushes into the Mystic Pearl calling out a hasty greeting. "I have a coupla' items I be lookin' for real quick, my friends are a waitin'!"

"I will take six 'o them healin' potions like the kind I had last time. Also lookin for a cloak and some potions to help keep me from gettin' so tired after a fight. Got any thing like dat?"

Fulgrim looks tense as he rushes through the store in hopes of returning the Inn before he is missed. Fulgrim is pleased to see everything he needed was in stock as he quickly paid for the items and rushes back to the Inn.

OOC:

Purchasing
Cloak of Resistance +1 1000gp
(2) Potion of Lesser Restoration 600gp
(6) Potion of Cure Light Wounds 300gp
(2) Potion of Enlarge Person 100gp

Total Spent: 2000gp

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
A purple-skinned gnome wanders in riding a elephant/feline/quadruped-thing. Just another day at the Mystic Pearl.
-------
Ni is looking for:
- Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (750 gp) - SUCCESS
- MW Chain Shirt (250 gp) - SUCCESS
- 3 Potions of CLW (150 gp) - IN STOCK/AUTO-SUCCESS
- MW Backpack (50 gp) - SUCCESS
- Saddlebags (4 gp) - AUTO-SUCCESS
- Monacle (MW Diplomacy item - +2 Diplomacy) (50 gp) - SUCCESS
- 2 Tanglefoot Bags (100 gp) - FAILURE
- Cracked Pink and Green Sphere (Diplomacy) (200 gp) - SUCCESS
- Cracked Mossy Disc (Know (Arcana)) (200 gp) - SUCCESS

Ni also sells his:
- backpack (2 gp)
- chain shirt (100 gp)

TOTAL SPENT:
1654 gp - 102 gp = 1552 gp
-------
Ni leaves the Pearl atop Lumoi'es with a smile on his face, and two stones orbiting his personage.

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra Frost-Level 3 Human Monk (Ki Mystic)

OOC: I may be, if the pricing works out where it can be afforded, going for a second item on this trip. I'm getting feedback on the price calculation. Pending that, the one item, which I will roll for, is being sought as of this posting.

A slightly taller than average human female enters the Mystic Pearl, her eyes looking left and right as she watches patrons passing here and yon, eying the wares displayed. She is dressed in a short sleeved blue and red Gui, the legs ripped off just above the knees, showing a well developed lower leg musculature, the arms exposed from the cut down sleeves much the same. Around her neck a simple silver chain catches the gleam of someone testing a Ioun Torch off to the side. She picks her way through the customers, approaching a slightly less busy section, mostly containing cloth goods and items such as gloves and the like. She looks here intently as if after something specific, her intent look turning to frustration and then sadness as she fails to find what she seeks. She starts to turn away, a pair of cloth boots catching her eyes. She stops to check them, though they seem a bit big for her feet. As she does, a small stone..being.. rumbles up, it's stone "face" looking up at her, as it rises only about a foot and a half over the table. It speaks in a voice that can be understood, if you can overlook the sound of shale slapping against shale that accompanies it.

Is there something specific you are after?

Audra is startled, eeping and nearly dropping the one boot she is looking over. Her chest heaves as she catches her breath and she returns the boot, carefully, to where she had found it.

I had hoped so. I was looking for a set of wrist guards. Something that covers from here to here. Something cloth or leather, not too heavy. I think they are more commonly referred to as bracers?

The stone man nods, rumbling, and motions to her to follow. He leads her over near the area where leather armor is kept, a few shady types there causing her to eye them a moment longer than normal. The stone man pulls a drawer from a chest behind it, stiffly and turns, setting it gently on the counter between the two. She looks into the drawer, head tilted to the side, considering the contents.

(-----making roll, see below-----)

She moves a couple of pairs before spotting a pair of simple leather looking bracers. Nothing fancy, unlike some of the others in the drawer with studs, gemstones, fancy lines or fancy stitching. She pulls these from the draw and looks at them more closely, smiling at the apparent craftsmanship. She hmms and picks out the left bracer, setting the right one down. The stone attendant moves the drawer aside, giving her clear counter space to experiment with for fit and comfort when on a flat surface. The bracer sits neatly just beneath her wrist and covers some of her forearm. She nods and takes the right one and pulls it on. This causes her to blink her eyes a moment as she feels a slight difference in her balance and her perception. She extends her arms, places palms on the counter and nods.

Well. They do fit nicely and look good. Will keep my forearms from getting too badly bruised and battered, for sure.

The stone salesman rumblenods, and in his shale like voice speaks.

These are among the finest we have had in some time. Not the most decorative, but certainly keen for their purpose. They cost one-thousand gold.

Audra blinks and eyes the stone clerk a moment in shock, before smiling to herself.

[color=6666f]That's right, Sensei did tell me to check the Mystic Pearl. So these are magical in some nature then?[/color]

The stone fellow gives a rocky shrug, pulling a tag from the bottom of the right bracer he nods.

They are of a minor magic, but they will certainly afford your forearms, and the rest of you, a little extra protection.

Audra nods.

Done.

She conducts the transaction with the stoney one, during which it removes the tag, and adjusts the bracers once more and then looks around.

Right. That feels much better. I'm going to look at a few other things.

The sales golem rumblenods and turns, returning the drawer to its place before heading off to look after a pair of gnomes who are looking with keen interest at a colorful display of wands. She turns and walks toward the busier side of the establishment, to where weapons are hung, tabled, stacked, shoved into corners and nooks and crannies and otherwise haphazzardly spread about.

(-----To be continued?-----)

[/color]I

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra walks through the marketplace, looking over the various weapons. A sap gets a quick glance. She pauses to give an appreciative look at a beautifully gleaming dagger. She stops before a rough, short wooden box with any number of what appear to be brass knuckles randomly junked together. A glass lid with a hinge protects the items from wandering hands. One of the attendants approaches and pulls a key on a leather strip from his pocket and unlocks the small lock on the box. She looks through them pulling out this set or that to look closer. She finds a worn looking one near the bottom of the box int the front. Devoid of much decorative detail, they feel in her hand as if they might be the right weight. She attempts to slide them onto her long fingers. Alas, the finger holes are, oddly, a bit too small for her two middle fingers to fit through. She doesn't try to force them on, instead returning them to the box. Finally she shakes her head, nods a thanks to the attendant, adjusts the pack on her back sot hat it is again centered for carry and she steps back into the mid morning crowd.

sunshadow21

Explorer
A very serious looking massive half orc enters the shop carrying a small armory. The first thing he does is go up to the counter, sets the mithral chainshirt on the counter, and proceeds to add to the pile all of the weapons he is carrying as the clerk watches with a worried look, as what he was watching was beyond the normal weirdness of customer behavior. As Ausk set the last weapon on the pile he finally spoke, "I wish to sell these things, they are part of a past life that has proven to be inadequate for the challenges I face. I will be back with their replacements shortly."

As the clerk moved the pile off to the side until the transaction could be completed, Ausk moved first to the armor section, where he found a breastplate that fit his requirements, and though the armored kilt he saw was too small, being made for one of the gnome guards in town, he made a mental note to get a version made of mithral in his size, not being concerned about having to wait for it, since he planned on a long meditation before
once more strapping on armor to work.

Wandering over to the weapon section next, he spent many, many minutes walking back and forth, comtemplating the benefits of this or that weapon, and those who walked by could have sworn he was talking to himself as he conversed with the spirits in his head about which was the best and why. Eventually, he settled on a well made elven composite long bow, a strange looking polearm apparently called a bill, and for backup, a well made dwarven morningstar, and a pair of well made orcish looking spiked gauntlets.

Finishing up his shopping in the general adventuring gear section, he examined a Handy Haversack, that had one normal pocket to allow for a small pet or familiar to ride comfortably, letting a weasel that popped out of a pocket of his shirt try it out. After getting the little guy's approval, he picked up the pack as well, putting it on top of what was now a rather large pile on the counter. He also checks out the rings and cloaks currently in stock, and finds a nice cloak of resistance to add to the pile.

After ordering the mithral kilt, and paying for his new items, he left quietly, the clerk making a mental note not to piss that particular individual off if they should meet again before securing the adventurer's old gear and notifying the blacksmith of the kilt order.

OOC: Selling
Mithral Chain Shirt 1100
Darkwood Longspear 394
Masterwork Heavy Flail 315
Spiked Gauntlet 5
Light Crossbow 35
20 bolts 2
Masterwork Backpack 50
Muleback Cords 1000
Total Sold 2901 gp

Commissioning
Mithral Armored Kilt 1020

Buying
Mithral Agile Breastplate 4400
Cloak of Resistance +1
Darkwood Composite Longbow (+2) 630
40 arrows 2 gp
Masterwork Morningstar 308
Darkwood Bill 421
Masterwork Spiked Gauntlet 305
Hand Haversack 2000
Total Bought 10086

Total Spent 7185

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet Sharnhearth strolls into the Mystic Pearl. She ducks past 3 men in robes arguing with the proprietor about the price of some strange object that looks to the Dwarf's untrained eye like a jade teapot, and makes her way back to the Dwarven forge. The old, one-eyed Dwarf who runs it regards her impassively.

"I want to use the forge," she says, plunking a large quantity of gold on the bench beside him. The Dwarf nods. Garnet sets to work.

She finds herself humming as she shapes the steel beneath her fingers. She seems to be seeing things more clearly now, and wonders if the time she has spent around so many mystically-inclined creatures has indeed given her more insight, as she had hoped. Certainly she feels the flow of magic under her hands to be more familiar now. It is ancient Dwarven magic, her birthright, but having seen and felt so many spells since coming to Venza she has a better sense of its flow.

As she finishes, she steps back, looking at her creation. She grunts in satisfaction.

The one-eyed master smith looks over at the shield, as Garnet dons the still-warm steel. There is a barely perceptible nod, the highest praise a Dwarf will offer another Dwarf.

Garnet nods gruffly in reply, a perhaps overly profuse display of gratitude for the compliment and the use of the forge, then makes her way over to the potion racks. She has always resisted carrying them before, but now feels the need to put a few more tricks up her sleeve.

She relays her request to the elderly human woman at the potions stall, who cackles. "Oh, the little Dwarf wants to be bigger!" Garnet rests her arm on the counter a little more heavily than she needed to, her mail clanging a loudly in the enclosed space. The potion mistress remembers some advice she was once given about taunting Dwarves.

"Come back tomorrow, I'll have it then." Garnet pays her the gold, and throws in additional coins for a healing potion. Then she leaves.

OOC: Purchasing one of the (currently 14) potions of Cure Light Wounds, and ordering a Potion of Giant Growth on commission. Total potion expenses: 350

OOC: Attempting to purchase a +1 Light Shield with the Bashing enhancement (means net enhancement is +2, for a 4000 gp cost; shield offers +2 total to AC and acts as a +1 magic weapon with a 1d6 dmg base).

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Buying
Darkwood Bill 421

I don't believe a Bill is a weapon that can benefit from Darkwood. You may want to ask and get other judge opinions in the forum.

Srd said:
Items not normally made of wood or only partially of wood (such as a battleaxe or a mace) either cannot be made from darkwood or do not gain any special benefit from being made of darkwood.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases