[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: attempt to see if a +1 Crossbow is in stock.

EDIT: Dear God that was close... +1 Crossbow is in Stock.

Purchasing +1 Crossbow, 2x Tanglefoot Bags
Selling Masterwork Crossbow

Start with 2931 Gold
End with 831 Gold

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk once more enters the shop, wearing the same simple garb as his last trip, carrying only a handful of his gear with him. The cloak, potions, and the majority of the weapons he takes up to the counter to sell; the bill he seeks out the blacksmith who did such a fine job on the armored kilt, and asks to have his bill enchanted. On his way out, he buys cheaper versions of the weapons he sold.

OOC: Selling
Cloak of Resistance +1 1000
Potion of CLW 50
Potion of Jump 50
Masterwork Morningstar 308
Masterwork Spiked Gauntlet 305
Masterwork Dagger 302

Commissioning
+1 Bill(upgrading from masterwork) 2000
Morningstar 8
Spiked Gauntlet 5
Dagger 2

Total Cost 0

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

A rough-hewn man with red hair and a deep tan, dressed in greens and browns, enters the shop. He nods politely to the proprietor.

"Seems I'm a bit flush after taking care of some business for the town guard, and thought I'd take a look around," he says pleasantly, then adds with a wink, "Didn't figure you'd mind my dumping coin, yes?"

"As I recall, you were interested in a great deal of archery equipment last time. We just got in this quiver: holds a great deal more than your average one does, and has a special enchantment that keeps it light, to avoid hampering movement?"

Eanos considers the quiver a moment, then nods.

"I've been thinking it would help to be able to carry more ammunition in case I'm stuck further out from the city. I'll take it. Let me test it out, and I'm sure I'll be back shortly to but up some supplies to fill it with."

After paying out the platinum, Eanos moves his ammunition from their mundane holders to the more elaborate model he's just purchased, then heads out for a quick 'test drive' of the new gear.
OOC: Looking for: Efficient Quiver - Success

Purchased: Efficient Quiver: 1800 gp

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna

Having been paid by the city guard, Arianna makes her way to the Mystic Pearl again for more shopping. Stopping in the back alley, she changes in to her prettier mermaid form before entering.

"Good day."

"Ah, m'lady. Good to see you again. What would you like this time?"

"I am in need of some wands of healing. Both for mortals and for summoned warriors."

"Ah, yes, we have those in stock. Brand new at full capacity."

"I would also like one of those floating rocks the glow like a torch. I just can't stand having a flaming torch being waved around while I am fighting. They might singe my hair or worse."

"Yes, m'lady. They are called ioun torches, but are cool to the touch. They will float or circle around the one that held them firmly last."

"And lastly," setting her crutches up on the counter, "I would like a set of these made from darkwood. And right here, I would like the craftsman to hollow out this section so a potion can be stored here in each of the tops. Make sure he is good. Once the top cap is placed on, I want the potions to be both secured well, and quite hidden."

"Why, um, yes m'lady. That would be some custom work and will take a couple days. Let me measure these and draw this out so we get the fit perfect. Are these the proper height for you now."

"Yes"

"OK. That should do. I will have the carpenter start on them. Anything else?"

"No, thank you."

"The total for these would be one thousand, six hundred and sixty five gold pieces."

"To pay for these, I have gold and this fine weapon to trade in. This quality longspear was taken off one of the foul dead things that was roaming the streets recently. It is a fine weapon, but would only be a spare backup to my own. These sticks, ah wands, of healing are more important to me after a battle."

"It is a fine weapon. I think I know what house it used to belong to. It drops the total down by 305."

"Here is the rest."

OOC: Sold: MW Longspear (305 gp)
Purchased: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (750 gp)
Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (750 gp)
Ioun Torch (75 gp)
Commissioned: Darkwood crutches with hidden hollowed tops (80 darkwood, 5gp each for hidden hollows that can hold a potion, total 90 gp) Pickup after 1/26
Gold Spent: 1,360 gp

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos returns a short while later, patting the quiver with obvious satisfaction.

"Just as advertised, and maybe a bit better," he says with a grin. "So let's fill this baby up, shall we?" He begins gathering up mundane equipment: two quivers of arrows (one of them blunt), a few spears. Then, after considering several, he selects another compound bow.

"Not quite as well-made as the one I've got, but he's strung tight enough the shots should still have enough power," the inquisitor says.

There's a loud clink as Eanos piles the funds on the counter, then he quickly loads his magical quiver, smiling as he tests its still-slight weight.

"Definitely worth the price," he says, heading back out into the streets of Venza.

OOC: Do we need to track mundane purchases here? Ah, well, it was a fun bit of fluff either way.

Buying: Compound Longbow +1 Str 200 gp
Arrows (20) 1 gp
Arrows, Blunt (20) 2 gp
Spear x3 6 gp
Total: 209 gp

Qik

First Post
Nimientioquijuil wanders into the Pearl, looking for a few bits and bobs. Then he wanders out. Happy.

Looking for:
- 2 Scrolls of Unfetter (50 gp) - FOUND
- MW Light Crossbow (335 gp) - FOUND
- 2 flasks of Alchemist's Fire (40 gp) - PRESENT

Selling:
- Light Crossbow (35 gp)

Total:
- 390 gp spent

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I man of fiirey red hair enters and looks around at the cross bows. Finding what he is looking for he proceedes to the counter to pay. He notices the wands and searches them.

[sblock=PM, will you allow this as a wand?]
Energy Missile

School evocation [see text]; Level sorcerer/wizard 1
CASTING

Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S
EFFECT

Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Targets up to 5 creatures, no two of which can be more than 15 ft. apart
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION

A bolt of a chosen energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) blasts from your fingertips and with a successful ranged touch attack deals 1d6+1 points of the chosen energy type of damage.

For every two caster levels beyond 1st, you gain an additional missile: two at 3rd level, three at 5th, four at 7th, and five bolts at 9th level or higher. If you shoot multiple missiles, you can have them strike a single creature with one attack roll or several creatures with multiple attack rolls. A single bolt can strike only one creature.[/sblock]

actions:
sell mwk x bow, buy =1 x bow
buy wand- 1st level
total:2000 gp

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
At some point or another, in a peculiarly non-localized point in time, a very pretty young woman of golden hair and fair features comes in, inspects several items...spends an inexcusable amount of time just window shopping...and finally selects a few pieces for purchase.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari stalks into the Pearl, followed closely (as always) by his closest friend. He wanders the aisles for a bit, his eyes lighting on a small box obscurely labeled. He snatches it up eagerly, but then shakes his head and puts it down reluctantly, then makes his way to the counter, pulling his massive club from his back as he walks. He thumps the club down in front of the storekeeper, who is somewhat taken aback. He then places his scythe up as well.

"Search your inventory, please, for a club like this one that hits harder and more accurately." He looks nonplussed for a moment, then goes on with a slightly gentler tone. "Sorry, I'm under a bit of stress and in a slight time crunch. Could I get a rush on the scythe and pick it up tomorrow?"

OOC: Selling Masterwork Earthbreaker and purchasing +1 Earthbreaker. Mechanically, he's doing the same for the scythe but fluff wise he'll have his current one enchanted.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases