[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn Ari (Silver Dragon Disciple)

The tall, pale warrior woman strides boldly into the Pearl and begins pacing the aisles. After a long search, she finally exclaims as she finds exactly what she was looking for. She pulls the breastplate from the back of the shelf, lifting it easily with one hand, and carries it to the counter. Once there, her strong features take on a puzzled look as she props her greatsword against the counter and fingers the sheathed falchion at her hip. She starts to pull the falchion from its place, then shakes her head and hooks it once more to her belt.

She lifts the sack she's been carrying along and sets it on the counter; it settles with a muffled clank. "I'll be selling these in the sack. You can apply their price to the breastplate, if it pleases you to do so."

OOC: Selling +1 Chain Shirt, Studded Leather Armor & 2 Daggers (1279 GP)
Purchasing +2 Comfort Mithral Agile Breastplate (13400 GP)

[sblock=OOC]Couldn't remember if we were supposed to check for intelligent items here or not; I'm thinking they're all 'commissioned' in terms of time anyway but I thought I'd go ahead and roll just in case.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra Longstrider

Aradra walks into the shop, Shadow close at his heels. He looks around the shop, trying to figure out what to get. He heads first over to the wondrous items, and finds a belt of surprising flexibility. However, he was not able to find either a better backpack nor a clock for his shoulders, which he decides to have commissioned for him.

Next, Aradra goes over to the bow and arrow section. He picks up a new quiver of arrows, as well as finding 5 arrows of metal he never seen before. He winches in pain as the tip of the arrow cuts into his skin, and knew that this was perfect.

Swinging by the Armor section, he was a little suprised to find a mithril shirt that Chaucer wore. As he goes to investigate it more, the owner comes over and says "Ah, that is a fine choice. That is guarded with some protection magic that is rare for that sort of armor." He smiles and says "I will take this. I am not quite done looking though"

The shop keeper takes the equipment while Aradra heads over to the wands, remembers how they had run out of healing power near the end of the trip. Alas, he could only find 1, but he did find a wand that would allow him to keep using his arrows without having to restock them. He grabs those two wands, and a rod that advertised longer spell work for spells, and heads over to the counter to finish checking out. He makes one stop to buy some rations for food.

Buying:
Dex Belt +2: 4000
+1 Seeking Comp Longbow (+2 STR): 8600
+1 Mithril Shirt: 2100
1x CLW Wand: 750
5x Adamantite Arrows 300
1x Wand of Abundent Ammunition 750
Rod of Extend Magic - 3000
20 Regular Arrows - 1
2x Rations - 2

Commissioning:
Handy Haversack: Pickup 4/27/2012 2000
Cloak of Resistance 4/24/2012 1000

Buying total: 22503

Selling:
MWK CompLongbow (+2 STR): 600
Studded Leather: 13 gp
Selling total: 613

Final: 21,890 GP

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn nods at the Ranger in friendly fashion. "Well met, Aradra. Money burning a hole in your pouch as well?" A shadow crosses her strong features and she places a hand protectively on the falchion hilt. She turns back to the shopkeeper. "Hold these here, please. I've got some more looking around to do."

She scoops up the greatsword leaning against the counter and stalks back among the aisles. She finds what she's looking for in short order, and brings a belt of her own to the counter, nodding again at Aradra as she does. "Good idea."

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Kalinn nods at the Ranger in friendly fashion. "Well met, Aradra. Money burning a hole in your pouch as well?" A shadow crosses her strong features and she places a hand protectively on the falchion hilt. She turns back to the shopkeeper. "Hold these here, please. I've got some more looking around to do."

She scoops up the greatsword leaning against the counter and stalks back among the aisles. She finds what she's looking for in short order, and brings a belt of her own to the counter, nodding again at Aradra as she does. "Good idea."

"Something like that." the ranger says. He turns back to the shop keeper and says "The other 2 items will be ready in a couple of days?"

"Yes sir! So be sure to get them before you leave."

Ardara nods. He looks back over at Kalinnand says "I will see you in the Inn in a little bit I guess" before heading out.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, sometimes known as Fury, and Milo De Luca, an older, wiser man and Orlando's friend and mentor, tour the dilapidated building that sits near the center of Ranocchio district. The area is run-down, on the downward side of shabby, and somewhat dangerous but seems ideal for Orlando's purposes.

"It's not too far from your own home, Milo," says Fury as the two men enter the building. On one side of the entry hall a wall has been broken down and the rubble is scattered on the floor. The rooms revealed by the hole are small and dark. "That could use a little work, but it has potential. And on the other side live an old married couple..."

Orlando continues to show Milo around, pointing towards the closed doors and briefly telling Milo about the current residents. He is beaming when he finally shows off the rooms at the top of the building, on different levels, but surprisingly artfully arranged though bare of furnishings and with walls covered in charcoal graffiti.

"I like the rooms up here. More room, more privacy..." Milo looks back towards the stairway with a grimace. "More stairs. You should go with these rooms over those on the ground floor, though."

Orlando smiles and seems somewhat embarrassed. "Milo, you misunderstand... I bought the whole building." His tentative smile turns into a grin of excitement.

---
Shopping at the Pearl:
OOC:
Purchases:
* Wealthy home in Planks 1,000 gp
* +2 Mithril shirt 5,100 gp
* Ring of Protection +1 2,000 gp
* Cloak of Resistance +1 1,000 gp
* Handy Haversack 2,000 gp
* Ring of Sustenance 2,500 gp (from Pearl inventory)

Selling:
* +1 Mithril shirt 2,100 gp

Commissioning:
* +1 Sap 2,301 gp (Commissioned Apr 24, 2012. Available May 3, 2012)

Total Expenditure: 13,801 gp

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio II

Vincenzo sees a bow on the counter and admires the craftsmanship as well as how well it was cared for. "I would like this with 20 arrows please. There might be something else."

buy
comp long bow from post 222

he finds some well tanned leather chords, which he pays for all he has

Mule back cords 1000 gp
mwk mighty (+2) comp long bow 600
20 arrows 1 gp
total spent:1601 gp

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Herr Heinrich Schreibersen-Wizard 4

During his out and abouing Heinrich stops for a moment in the pearl, looking about at various items.

buy
pearl of power level 1 cost 1000 gp
scroll: tint hut (level 3 spell) cost 375 pg
scroll: flameing sphere (level 2 spell)cost 150
scroll: fox's cunning (level 2 spell)cost 150 gp
total spent : 1675 gp

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
The rangers returns, and at once the clerk says "Good sir! We have the equipment you requested made."

With a nod Aradra says "Thank you. It looks like I will be going on a long mission again, so I have come to stock up on some things before leaving."

"Excellent. Just let me know what you find!"

After a couple hours, Aradra returns and starts laying out a number of items. The stockpile at the front turns massive, as Aradra keeps laying down items that seem useless, but could become very helpful soon.

The clerk, used to seeing orders of such a massive size, soon starts barking orders to help the ranger gather all his equipment.

Picking up:
Cloak of Resistance +1
Handy Haversack

Buying:pearl of Power (Level 1) - 1000
Belt Pouchx3 - 3
Acid x3 - 30
Antiplague - 50
Antitoxen - 50
Bag- Waterproof x3 - 1.5
Book- Portrait
Book - Footprint
Chalk x10 .1
Chalkboard - 1
Compass - 10
Crowbar - 2
Fishnet - 4
Flaskx2 - .06
Flint and Steel - 1
Goggles, Smoked - 10
Key, Skeleton - 85
Cooking Kit - 1 gp
Climber's Kit - 80
Healer's kit - 50
Hammer - .5
Hammock - .1
Map Maker's kit - 10
Mirror - 10
Pitonx4 -4
Powderx10 .1
Iron Spikesx5 - .25
Surgeon's tools - 20
Holly and Mistletoe -0
Spell Component Pouch -5
Shovel - 0.02
Soap - .01
Rope(Silk) 50' - 10
Silent Whistle - .9
Saw - .04
String/Twine 100' - .02

TOTAL: 1499.6

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
A half tattoed jungle druid and his cheetah sprint through the door breathing heavily.

"Cold Iron. to fight te Puffwampi... do you have some?"

Maui blinks at the shopkeeper's question.

"In what shape? In a sword shape like this?" Maui slams his scimitar down on the counter.

"What? Te last one! Ah ... te luck of Oenuku shines upon te face of Maui!"

Maui's smile disappears.

"How much!"

Maui begins to trade in bits and pieces to cover the cost and leaves looking as the he feels cheated.

OOC: :
Sell: Sickle: +6gp
Signal horn: +1gp
Tresspasser's Boot: +1.2 gp
Buy: Cold Iron Scimitar: -30 gp

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases