[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

A disheveled-in-an-attractive-way young man enters the Pearl via its Hruthrip location, and starts to peruse the cloaks in stock as his companions claim the gear they've just re-acquired payment for. After a thorough search, however, he walks away frowning, apparently not having found what he was after.

He repeats the process throughout the shop, several times moving to one section to look for something, only to leave disappointed. After a while, he turns to the air above his left shoulder, muttering, "No, this is not divine punishment for anything. It's just bad luck. You know, I think I liked you better when you weren't speaking to me."

Finally, while perusing the ring case, Nathan seems to find what he's looking for. He points. "That one. Helps you get better rest, doesn't it?" the man behind the counter nods.

"I get little enough sleep with the nag squad, anyway. Might as well get use out of what I can," the sorcerer says, garnering a look of confusion from the saleman.

"Never mind. How much? I have a few things to sell that ought to help..."

Nathan hands over his available coin and his wand, but after the assessment comes up just a tad short. Frowning, he pulls a scroll case from his backpack and flips through several parchments.

"You know, if they're shooting arrows I can always blink out," he finally decides, and adds one of the scrolls to the pile. He fits the new ring on the middle finger of his left hand, where it seats itself comfortably.

"Now then. Time I was getting back to work," Nathan says. He gives the salesman a smile and nod, then wanders back out to return to The Lilypad with his party.

OOC: Oi. Rolls did not like me. Finally found something, though. Okay, so selling

* Wand of Mage Armor (43 charges): 645 gp
* Scroll of Protection from Arrows: 150 gp

Buying

Ring of Sustenance: 2500 gp

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

A broad-shouldered redhead with a deep tan enters the Pearl. He wastes no time browsing, but rather makes a beeline for the shopkeep and pulls a wand from his belt.

"First thing's first. Looking for another one of these," he says. The shopkeep produces a less-worn match for the wand almost immediately, eliciting a relieved smile from Eanos.

"Excellent. Now, let me take a look at your scrolls..."

The bow-wielding inquisitor thumbs through the stacks, setting aside five pieces of parchment which interest him, then nods.

"Should be all I need here. What do I owe you?"

After a quick monetary exchange, Eanos rolls the scrolls into his backpack and slides the wand in, as well, then returns to the streets of Venza for some more mundane purchases...

OOC: Buying:

Wand of CLW 750 gp (Eanos contributes 187.5 as part of 4-way split with his party)
Scrolls of:
Comprehend Languages x3 (75 gp)
Resist Energy (150 gp)
Tongues (375 gp)

Total spent: 1350 gp

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
In Silverton, by candle light, Nimientioquijuil sits and writes up an order for the merchants of Gist.

- Headband of Alluring Charisma +2 (4000 gp)
- Cracked Pale Ruby Trillan (+1 Stealth) (200 gp)
- Cracked Incandescent Blue Sphere (+1 Perception) (200 gp)
- MW Goggles (Perception Tool) (50 gp)
- Cracked Incandescent Blue Sphere (+1 Survival) (200 gp)
- Scroll of Lesser Evolution Surge (200 gp)
- 4 Torches (4 cp)

Selling:
- Eyes of the Eagle (2500 gp)

Net Expenditure: -2350.04 gp

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Since Elenka is going to be doing some traveling she stops in to look for some specific items...

Handy Haversack

Selling
CLW potions (x2), 50 gp ea.
Bandages of Rapid Recovery, 200 gp

Total: -1700 gp

DalkonCledwin

First Post
In Silverton, buy the following items...

OOC: Purchasing the following from the display in the Opening Post:
Wand of Mage Armor (43 Charges) — 645 gp

attempting to purchase the following:

Scroll of Mage Armor — 25 gp SUCCESS
Scroll of Augury — 150 gp — FAILURE
Scroll of Detect Thoughts — 150 gp — SUCCESS
Scroll of Hold Person — 150 gp — SUCCESS
Scroll of Unnatural Lust — 150 gp — SUCCESS
A Second Scroll of Unnatural Lust — 150 gp — SUCCESS
A Second Scroll of Detect Thoughts — 150 gp — FAILURE

GP Before Purchases: 2046.18
GP After Purchases: 776.18

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
like wise in Silverton the merchants of gist get a human visitor, this time Heinrich

the next day Heinrich visits the merchants again looking for the same scrolls. he is greeted with a smile as the particular scrolls were held in hand at his arrival.

Satin Knights

First Post
Finding a quiet back alley, the cloaked demoness stops and starts her transformation. First duty is dismiss her friend for a while. Putting on her fin boot and lacing it up, she is a protected a bit from the gravel of the road. Then brushing out and fluffing her hair, she works on making herself a bit more presentable. A dab of perfume also helps mask the air of having traveled so long. Unstrapping the crutches from her backpack, the mermaid makes her way out of the alley to do some proper shopping in this village of Silverton.

After asking a by-passer for directions to the magic shop, she makes her way in. This shop is quite smaller than the one she frequents in Venza. With her crutches hidden beneath her cloak, her movements are slow and methodical. After a while, one of the clerks comes to wait on her.

"Can I help you today?"
"Yes, I need an enhancer. Something that makes spells last longer."
Thinking to himself he has got a window shopping tourist, "Aisle 4" as he loses interest and turns away.
Being ignored immediately annoys her. Throwing back the side of her cloak to reveal her true form, "Fetch it!", surprising herself even that she is speaking with the gravelly rage of Teq when he is not around.
Seeing the holy symbol of a priestess of the Stormkin, a mermaid priestess, "Umm, umm, yes m'lady. Coming right up."

She slowly walks up to the counter as the clerk retrieves the item. Returning to the counter, "This here is lesser metamagic rod of extend spell. Three times a day it can double the duration of a spell. You only need to hold it while casting. A sorcerer using this spell needs to spend longer time casting, but your holy spells will not be slowed by this item. It will only help spells up to third level. It is the strongest we have here in Silverton. If you need, I can send to Gist to get a stronger one."
"No need. How much?"
"Umm, umm... Three thousand gold ma'am."
Arianna dumps most of the contents of her coin purse on the counter. She also pulls out five different potion vials. "Can you read the labels on these, or do I have to tell you what they do?"
"No ma'am. I can read. I recognize the labeling from Venza. I apologize for..."
"Then we are done?"
"Yes ma'am. Thank you ma'am."
Before leaving the store, she tests the rod. It warms to the touch as she casts a spell. She feels its energies mingle with her own as it functions. Satisfied, she leaves.

OOC: Selling:
200 gp Potion of Summon Eidolon
200 gp Potion of Lesser Evolution Surge
50 gp Potion of Cure Light Wounds
50 gp vial of antiplague
50 gp vial of antitoxin

Purchasing:
3,000 gp Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend

Net cost: 2,500 gp in gold.
Cast: Longstrider

Last edited by a moderator:

Satin Knights

First Post
Standing at the counter, having entered from Kostry Kopec, "Well, I suppose we should swap these and get the right tools for this job." Searching through the scrolls, he finds not everything he is looking for. "You only have one of these? Ugh! And no healing sticks. You are telling me you have no healing sticks?" Calming down a bit, "Sorry, I guess the riots outside has kinda forced a run on them." Well, this will have to do. We have this scimitar and wand in trade.

OOC: Selling:
2,315 gp ~ Scimitar +1
..225 gp ~ Wand of Chill Touch (15 charges)
======
2,540 gp

Buying:
...700 gp ~ Scroll of Dismissal
.....25 gp ~ 2 scrolls of Umbrella
...500 gp ~ 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map
...375 gp ~ Scroll of Devolution
....25 gp ~ Scroll of Unfetter
...300 gp ~ 2 scrolls of See Invisibility
....25 gp ~ Scroll of Comprehend Languages
=======
1,925 gp
Net: 615 gold gained

Edit: Adjusted as per jkason's advice in this thread and the game thread

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Buying:
1,125 gp ~ Scroll of Dismissal
...300 gp ~ 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map

OOC: Think your math may be off on these:

* Since cleric / wizard is interchangeable on scrolls in LPF, I believe you can get Dismissal at the 4th level price of 700 gp (it's lvl 4 cleric, lvl 5 wizard).

* Create Treasure Map has a material component cost of 100 gp, which I believe should be rolled into the price of the scroll. So they're 250 gp each, 500 gp total.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases