[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Systole

First Post
A dwarf with pale eyes walks into the store, trailed by a fiendish-looking giant rat, which immediately begins snarling viciously at the shop's other customers. After a few minutes, one of the shopkeepers finally musters the courage to approach the dwarf.

"Sir, your ... uh, pet--"

"Yes, Cavernous Hode understands how cute Mister Dickens is. No need to be nervous! The proprietor can scratch Mister Dickens' ears if he wishes."

The rat snaps at the shopkeeper, who retreats in terror. "It's not that your ... that Mister Dickens isn't--"

"Is this genuine spidersilk rope that Cavernous Hode sees before him? And a cold iron pick. Masterfully done! And armor of excellent drakeskin, as well! Not so elegant as dragonhide, but finely crafted nevertheless. Cavernous Hode will take it." The dwarf is immediately distracted by a case full of scrolls. He presses his nose to the glass. "Magical writings! Cavernous Hode will take several!"

He's immediately off. "An enchanted gem from the big waters! Cavernous will take it. And the garnet."

"But the garnet ... it's not magical..."

"Cavernous Hode knows. He just happens to prefer gems."

[sblock=ooc]Taking one of the pearls of power and buying a 50gp gem.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
A young guy, with a saddlebag over his shoulder and a polearm almost to big for him to swing comes into the Pearl. He spends quite a bit of times wandering the shelves and picking out several small things before going over to the weapons section and picking out some upgrades. One last stop by the wands and he doesn't find what he wants. The clerk says he can have one created, it will just take a few days. Tasanto pays for his new tools and weapon.

As to a place to stay, they send him down the street to see Rhibahn. Tasanto is able to acquire modest accommodations from him.
OOC:
Purchasing:
0.03 gp ~ ear plugs
85 gp ~ 1 Skeleton key
0.5 gp ~ 5 Pitons
0.5 gp ~ 1 hammer
0.5 gp ~ 1 drill
10 gp ~ 1 compass
50 gp ~ 1 vial of antitoxin
50 gp ~ 1 vial of antiplague
150 gp ~ 3 potions of Cure Light Wounds
335 gp ~ 1 masterwork cold iron Lucerne Hammer with a hollowed handle base

Commission:
750 gp ~ 1 wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (Available June 31st)

100 gp ~ Housing: Small apartment

Total cost: 1,531.53 gp

Last edited:

Rhydius

First Post
A dark haired young man enters carrying a somewhat smelly bundle in his arms. He nearly trips over the edge of a display case which causes him to overbalance and backpedal into a considerably larger, and somewhat surprised patron. The armored and battle-scarred veteran looks down at this nuisance, and begins opens his mouth to shout something foul, but without turning, or looking at the towering individual, Rhydius says, "Oh thank you, that could've been a nasty fall."

The tall man, not used to being interrupted, stops in a temporary bewilderment. As Rhydius walks back over to get a look at the wares on display the man mutters a quick,"Erh, you're welcome," and goes back to his previous business.

Within seconds one of the shop workers comes to investigate the source of the smell. Rhydius waves him over.

"I'll take two of these, and you wouldn't happen to know of anything that might get the smell out of this armor would you?"

"Perhaps," says the man, narrowing his eyes. He removes the requested bottles from the case and begins walking further into the shop. "Follow me, sir," he says as he beckons Rhydius keep moving.

On the way through the shop Rhydius notices a blade that makes his look like a rusted piece of trash.

The shop-worker produces an ornate bottle from a shelf and holds it toward Rhydius a slight smile on his face. As he tells the man just how much the stink-curative is Rhydius pales a bit, and replies "Uh, how about something a bit cheaper."

The man's eyes narrow to slits, and he suggests that, "perhaps some cologne, then."

"Yeah, that's more like it," replies the smelly young man as he makes his way along-side the shop-worker toward the counter to pay for his items before heading out to find himself some place where he might rest and store his things.
OOC: Mundane items:
100gp - Small Apartment
0gp - 5 Doses, Common Cologne (1gp each covered by Cost of Living)

Purchasing from inventory:
100gp - 2 Potions, Cure Light Wounds (50gp each)

Rolling for:
10gp - 2 Wrist Sheath, Spring Loaded (5gp each)
770gp - Rapier, Silversheen

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[MENTION=6691567]Rhydius[/MENTION] Unless I missed its approval, Silversheen (the special material as opposed to the potion) is from an unapproved source. Feel free to make a proposal or start a discussion of the item.

Also, with the purchase of your small apartment you wouldn't have to track the cost of the cologne (or anything else that costs 1 gp or less).

Rhydius

First Post
@Rhydius Unless I missed its approval, Silversheen (the special material as opposed to the potion) is from an unapproved source. Feel free to make a proposal or start a discussion of the item.

Also, with the purchase of your small apartment you wouldn't have to track the cost of the cologne (or anything else that costs 1 gp or less).

Fair enough, I suppose I'll go get started on discussing it. Thanks for checking it over [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION].

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph (human cleric 2)

Not having much time Ioseph moves through the Mystic Pearl with haste to the counter.

"The item we talked about, last time I was here. I would like to purchase it now." he says to the owner, who gives him a grin.

Retrieving a small box the man smiles and says, "Lucky you came back I sold the other. And was sure this one wouldn't sit long."

Taking out the small pearl he hands it over to Ioseph. The cleric gives him a sack of coins in return. "That should cover it."

{{ Now to meet up with the others.}} he thinks pocketing the pearl and heading back out unto the street.

[sblock=OOC]
Purchased last pearl of power lvl 1[/sblock]

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
After visiting the Mystic Pearl for her second time around, Galandra still has one thing left to do that day.

She slowly walked to the counter of the office down the street. She was nervous, not very sure if she was in the right place. "..." She looked around awkwardly until the half-elf greeted her.

"Welcome! How can I be of your assistance?"

"Uhm... Are you Rhibahn?"

"Well, yes, the one and only"

"I heard you can help me get some... accomodations?"

"Of course I can, are you interested in a zone in particular?"

She moved closer to the counter, more at ease. "Yes... something in the outskirts of the city."

"Are you sure? I have some well located places near stores, temples and-"

"No, no. It is fine... I don't like busy streets..."

Rhibahn chuckles "Alright, as you wish"

OOC:

Selling:
Falchion ~ 75gp
Studded Leather Armor ~ 25gp
Shortbow ~ 30gp
Total: +125gp

Purchasing:
Masterwork Buckler ~ 155gp
Masterwork Falchion ~ 375gp
Total: -530gp

Magic Items
Chain Shirt +1 ~ 1250gp

Commission:
Housing ~ Small Apartment
Total: -100gp

[Sblock]I have a question. Do we have to post the description of our housing in our character's page or somewhere here in the forums?, or simply add it to my sheet as an additional container? Is there an example I can see?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Mithral Breastplate problem]The cost of that is as medium armor made of mithral, so it would 4,200 gp, which she cannot afford yet. Galandra can afford the Mithral Chain Shirt at 1,100 gp though. For making the correction, just re-edit your post, instead of making a new post, so all the accounting for that one trip stays in one post.[/sblock]

[sblock=Description of housing]You can add just a one line item to your inventory, or a full description block to your wiki sheet. It is your choice. Arianna spent lavishly (1,000 gp) to get a home. It belonged to a former merfolk merchant, and she being the daughter of one, could not let such a fine home go to waste sitting empty. But then, she is never home, so it does sit empty. ;)

In Arianna's case, in the equipment section, it also is laid out as a separate container, with a separate contents total in my overly complicated accounting.

If you are going to make it a separate block on the wiki, edit the section you want it to follow, then at the end add ===Home=== followed by the text. The three equal signs creates the section block header.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem walks in and nods to Galandra. "Good to see you again. Don't mind me none. I'll take one of those nifty magic-like rings of protection, please. And change this coin to platinum. I want to feel rich for once."

Lem smacks 2,200 gold coins onto the table, wishing to purchase a ring of protection +1 for 2000gp and change 200gp into 40pp.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases