[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel arrives at the Mystic Pearl after her trip into the wilds of Venza. Once there she goes to a weapons shop first and offers to sell her old Longsword. Now that she has a beautiful new Scimitar she has little enough use for the Longsword.

Once that is in order she goes to an Armorer and purchases a new set of Studded Leather Armor, Magical Studded Leather Armor at that. As she figures that it would be wise to have a decent level of protection on any further adventures. In the process she also sells her old Chain Shirt as she no longer has any need for it.

Once that is out of the way, She goes to a magic shop and attempts to procure some scrolls that she has been in need of. After he purchases, Fae'shiel retires to her appartment where she attempts to learn her new spells.

OOC: Starting Gold = 3871.2 GP
Selling:
1x Masterwork Longsword (+315 GP)
1x Masterwork Chain Shirt (+250 GP)

Buying:
1x +1 Studded Leather Armor (-1175 GP)
materials for writing spells (-90 GP)

Attempting to buy:
Scroll of Enlarge Person (-25 GP) SUCCESS
Scroll of Cat's Grace (-150 GP) FAILURE
Scroll of Darkness (-150 GP) SUCCESS
Scroll of Stone Call (-150 GP) SUCCESS
Scroll of Enlarge Person (-25 GP) SUCCESS
Scroll of Stone Call (-150 GP) SUCCESS

Final Total of GP: 2671.2

P.S. I hope its not a problem if I roll the spellcraft checks here since she is in her apartment I really didn't want to RP things in her apartment in the Dunnwright Inn.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=P.S. Scroll learning] [MENTION=6680145]DalkonCledwin[/MENTION]
A) It is one calendar day per scroll attempt, so Fae'shiel is busy in her home learning spells until July 31st.
B) You also need to pay for the special inks and materials to write the spells into your spell book per CRB p.219.
C) You have a total of "Consumed or Destroyed" listed on her wiki sheet, but not the individual items. Please itemize somewhere on her sheet.[/sblock]
[sblock=Denziel's sell back at 100%] [MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION] Selling items back to the Mystic Pearl is at 100% of value. That is to minimize the accounting nightmare that is carried items. So, please re-edit your post to gain a bit of coin back.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
A scrawny kid with a saddlebag over his shoulder walks into the Pearl. Strolling around, he picks up a few things. Finding a proper haversack, he checks to be sure the straps are quite adjustable to fit his varying physique. He checks all the deep pockets, just to see if anyone left a few copper behind. Nope, but they are quite deep.

Making his way to the counter, "Hello. I had a wand on commission. I would like to pick that up as well." "Yes, it is ready."

After making his purchase, he stuffs his new acquisitions into the haversack, and then gently wiggles in his saddlebag too. The magic of this bag is working well. "That is quite a bit lighter. Now for some training."
OOC: 2,000 gp Handy Haversack
....50 gp Masterwork manacles
....80 gp good lock
....10 gp small tent, 1 person (AA version)
....40 gp 200' silk rope
......5 gp Monk's outfit
=====
2,185 gp total

hemera

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
How long do I need to wait before I can swing by and grab that lovely cold iron whip? I'm rather giddy one actually showed up! :)

Thank you
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
An uncommonly tall dwarf woman bearing a large sack comes through the doorway into the store proper. "And what does Franco Specialty Goods have for us today, Varga?" the clerk asks by way of a greeting.

"A bunch of cheap spears and bows, and then some sort of pearl of wizardry and a metal whip," the woman says, heaving the sack on the counter.

The clerk raises an eyebrow. "Somewhat different from Signor Franco's usual lines of merchandise," he notes.

Varga shrugs. "A bunch of dog-gremlins ambushed one of our wagons and stole a shipment of ours. We hired a bunch of adventurers to get it back, and they brought all this crap along with it. That whip belonged to the boggard that was smacking them around. Little buggers don't like cold iron, apparently. I guess the whip got their attention better."

The clerk eyes the weapon with distaste as he writes out a receipt. "That might explain why it smells rather ... swampy. It could use a cleaning and a polish, at the very least."

Varga shrugs again and takes the receipt. "And that's why I work for a company that sells expensive artwork and fancy clothes. Good luck with cleaning and polishing all the bits of gremlin out of that thing. I'll see you later."

Varga_150.jpg

.... Varga Renlow ....

hemera

Explorer
Walking off the effects of some of the wine she's been drinking, Reianne brushes past a quite tall dwarven woman leaving the Pearl just as she happens to be entering. Going back to take a look at a couple things she couldn't possibly afford but wanted to gawk at anyway, the clerk notices her and looks up in surprise. "How fortuitous of you to arrive when you did, a whip like the one you were looking for has just come into our possession. I do warn you, it will take some...cleaning."

He pulls out a grimy, and dirt covered whip from underneath the counter.

"It is however made of cold iron though, so perhaps that is more enticing despite it's odor?"

"That'll do, I'll just..go clean that up. Swamp odor comes out of leather right?"

The clerk remains oddly silent as he counts out 31 platinum coins. Giving up, Reianne grabs her remaining gold and heads for the door to clean her new whip.

OOC:
Purchasing the Masterwork Cold Iron Scorpion Whip, 310 GP
Selling, non masterwork non cold iron version, 5 GP
Total Cost, 305 GP

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
OOC: Scene ties to the end of "A Visit with Father Kedric," rather than being an actual visit to the Pearl.

Larissa walked stone-faced through the Chapter House's armory. It seemed perverse to her to have failed to save the old priest, yet still be rewarded with the chance to arm herself. Nevertheless, she was resolved to take advantage of the opportunity. She did not want to be caught off-guard again.

"Have you silversheen?" she asked.

The one-armed priest who serves as the Chapter House's quartermaster quickly produces a vial. He then finds additional items, including a silvered short sword, a ring with protective magics, and a scroll that can enhance her weapon. Larissa leaves the armory determined never to let such a demon get the better of her again.

OOC: Purchasing:
+1 Ring of Protection
Silversheen
MW Alchemical Silver Short Sword
Scroll of Holy Weapon

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: Adding these items to Fae'shiel's inventory as mundane item purchases to be housed in the library of her wealthy apartment:

1x Arcane Family Workbook 300 gp
8x Journals (initially Blank) 10 gp ea. Total of 80 gp
4x Standard Spellbooks 15 gp ea. Total of 60 gp
2x Codices of Sapo 50 gp ea. Total 100 gp
6x 1 oz. vials of ink 8 gp ea. Total of 48 gp
3x inkpens 1 sp ea. total of 3 sp (not tracked due to apartment)
100x Stationary 1 gp ea. Total of 100 gp (not tracked due to apartment)
5x Sealing Wax 1 gp ea. Total of 5 gp (not tracked due to apartment)
1x Signet Ring with the Aeros Family Crest on it 5 gp (not tracked due to apartment)

Total Value of Purchase: 588 gp
Gold Left after Purchases: 2051.47 gp

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno shops.

OOC:
Selling:
Feather Token (bird), 300 gp
MW Wood armor, 170 gp
MW Backpack, 50 gp

Buying:
Pearl of Power, 1st level, 1,000 gp (inventory)
+1 Darkwood armor, 1,420 gp
Efficient Quiver, 1,800 gp
Handy Haversack, 2,000 gp
Apartment (Average Cost of Living), 100 gp

Commissioning:
+1 enchantment on his shortbow, 2,000 gp (avail. Aug 5)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases