[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

jbear

First Post
The tattooed jungle druid returns through the door. "Okay ... Problems solved. I don't need this one anymore. You can buy it back."

He drops his old hide shirt down on the counter. "And this sword you sell me. Too heavy. Maui couldn't hit anything with te sword at all. Do you have te cold iron sword but made better?"

Maui appraises the new blade and hands over the old. "Better. Now... I need some magic teeth for te jaws of my cheetah... No, I have te magic stick for te healing already... A magic stick for te teeth sharpening .... Deal."

Maui walks towards the door grinning, marvelling at his new magic stick. "Oh when I tell Taniwha! Maui come see what treasures you have after his next adventure. Te next thing you will tell me is that you have te Magic Stick to talk to te cat! Hehehe ... what? You do have one? Oh come on. Stop all te pulling on my leg! Oh ... you do?"

Maui shovels the last of his coin and even exchanges some of his prized possessions to get his hand on the magic stick that will actually allow him to talk to his cheetah companion. He veritably skips out the door back toward the Dunn Wright to begin that conversation!
OOC: Sell: Masterwork Hide Shirt: +240 gp
Cold Iron Scimitar: +30 gp
Bear Trap: +2 gp
Sun Rod: +2 gp
Tresspasser's Boot: 0.8 gp
Buy: Masterwork Cold Iron Scimitar: -330 gp
Lvl 1 Wand: Magic Fang: -750 gp
Lvl 1 Wand: Speak with Animals: -750 gp

Total: -1,555.2 gp

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo wanders in, looking in the armor area. he searches each item, seeming not sure what he wants when the proprieter walks up to him.

"Something I can point out to you?"

"Well, I am looking for something specific, chain shirt."
*shuffle shuffle*
"Enchanted."
*shuffle shuffle*
"Made of mithral."
*shuffle shuffle*
The man holds up a chain shirt shaking it gently making a soft jingly sound. It appears a bit too small, until Vincenzo grabs it and id suddenly sizes perfectly.

they haggle a bit for the price and end up settling on the standard rate.
mithral chain: 1100
+1 enchantment:1000 gp
total:2100 gp

sell mwk chain shirt 250 gp
balence:1850

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Sylla opens the door and enters, followed by her eidolon. "I'm here for my items," she says. Nervously, the clerk fetches an expertly crafted darkwood bow and several items wrapped in paper. A sheen of perspiration appears on his forehead as Sylla begins casually testing the pull of the bow. By the time she's satisfied with the heft and aim, several minutes later, the clerk is a nervous wreck.

As she begins unwrapping the packages, the clerk blurts out, "Perhaps you'd just take them now?"

Sylla looks at him icily. "I will be sure of the fit before I leave."

The clerk wipes his forehead. "And then we'll re-package them, so that no one has to see you leaving here with them, yes?"

Sylla pulls on one beautiful black dragonhide boot and then the other. She takes a few steps to test the fit and nods. With a half of a cruel smile, she says, "Workmanship of this quality? No. I will be wearing these out."

The clerk trembles. "But you'll take the remainder of the, uh, 'lizard skin'?"

Sylla finishes putting on the belt, bracers, and cestus. She takes a pouch from her pack and spills dozens of dragon teeth onto the counter. "If there is remaining leather, my companion wants a collar. Lizard teeth and lizard skin."

"Uh, boss? I sort of changed my mind about the collar. I don't think I want it any more," Boots says. "Not that I'm scared of the any crazy rainbow lady killing me, raising me from the dead, and killing me some more," he continues, less than convincingly, "Pshaw! I could probably take her with one paw behind my back. I'm just thinking that a dragontooth collar isn't really me, you know what I mean? It's just not Boots."

Sylla doesn't bother to reply. She checks her look in a mirror and nods, satisfied. "Very well. I am finished here." She turns to leave.

"Uh, miss?" the clerk calls. "Your ... items? You don't want to just leave them here?"

Sylla shrugs. "I have no need of them. They're yours." She departs, Boots at her side. In the shop, the clerk stares at the teeth and leather laying on the counter, chewing his fingernails and sweating.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: Having one of Fae'shiel's servants stop by and pick up 40 gp worth of spell scribing materials for me & Marcus. so that we can trade spells in our spellbooks. Notation will be made on my sheet.

Also rolling the Spellcraft Check to learn Magic Missile from Marcus' spellbook and transfer it into Fae'shiel's spellbook.

EDIT: Attempt to learn was successful, but just barely.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo del Vecchio :fixing a math error on character sheet.

Vincenzo arrives back, and walks to the counter. he lays down the cold iron blanched arrows and a mighty bow. A few minutes of haggling and the bow and arrows change hands.

sell +2 mighty long bow and 18 cold iron blanched arrows.
600 gp [base 100 + mwk 300+ +2 mighty 200]
45 gp

buy 50' silk rope 10 gp

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus enters the Pearl and stops. Though he's been here more than a few times, the wonders and chaos within the place always amazes him. He shrugs his way past a pair of Dwarfs debating what color is better on a helm the two are eyeing and approaches one of the employees as she completes her transaction with her customer. She comes to him and greets him by name. They exchange pleasantries and finally Marcus tells her the first thing he is after. The bow he has is wonderful, it feels great and has served him well. He asks about the possibility of another, perhaps even more precisely made. She tilts her head at the half-elven Ranger and asks to see his current bow. He hands it to her, she eyes it carefully and nods. She recognizes the crafter and returns the bow to Marcus. She checks a few cabinets with bows displayed, many looking similar to Marcus'. She opens the third cabinet and carefully removes a bow that looks almost exactly like the one he has, but the detail is a bit sharper, the curve a bit more precise. After a comparison with his current bow he is led aside to have a shot with a house arrow at a target. He loads, aims and fires, a satisfied smile crossing his face almost immediately.

Next he pulls out his lucerne hammer. This, he explains, has also served him well, but he feels he should travel a bit lighter. The sales gal has just the thing, a long spear. She offers him one from a more decorative rack than the one with a lot of spears in it. He shakes his head after experimenting with that spear, so she hands him another one. With a moment or two, he nods, taking that spear. With a little reluctance, he pulls another longbow from his quiver and, after holding it a moment, hands it over as well. He asks for a few days rations. As she takes the normal bow, the sales gal locates something attached to the top of the bow. With a little prying from her nail, the item pops off, a small ring, fairly plain. A gold band with a flat, featureless gold disk atop. She asks him if he was intending to sell it. He takes it and after a moment shakes his head, sliding the ring onto his finger. He tries to shuffle his backpack around and the gal giggles. She makes a suggestion and takes him to a display of bags, pouches and packs of any number of sizes. She searches through a bin of dusty bags and after setting a few aside, she ah-has! She turns with a haversack and shows it to Marcus. She tells him about it, they discuss it and he decided that it's a good deal. He asks for a couple of flasks, to which the gal nods and hands over 2. With that, they begin to work out the finances. In the end, Marcus' coins are much, much fewer than when he came in.

Still with enough coin to pick up something to eat, he heads to the Dunn Wright Inn to meet up with his friend.

[sblock=Transaction]
Purchased: +1 Composite Bow (+2 STR) 2,600 gp, Longspear 5 gp, Trail Rations x 4 2 gp, Ring Signet 5 gp, Handy Haversack 2,000 gp, Potion of CLW x 2 100 gp
Sold: Composite Bow (+2 STR) 300 gp, Lucerne Hammer 15 gp, Longbow 75 gp, Backpack 2 gp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
- In the vaults under the church of Helerion -

Having finally coming to grips with his failure to save Father Kedric, Markas makes his way to the armory. Hoping to be properly equipped the next time that demoness shows her ugly (well she wasn't truly ugly on the outside) face, he would be ready.

He looked over the blades first but none had the special qualities he was looking for. {{ Probably already handed out to the knights and guards. }} he thought as he moved to a wall where maces, hammers, and morning stars hung.

Among them a small light hammer shone bright in the torchlight of the room. It looked to be made all of one piece of metal bonded with silver to give it its shine. Markas could see himself in the weapons head it was polished so perfectly.

Removing the hammer he tested the weight before holding it up to examine the scroll work along the handle closer. The fine details carved into the handle, made the weapon look something out of a heroes story. The only thing marring it's beauty was a deep black rune, that looked scorched into the metal at the base of the hammer's head.

{{Odd? Who would go and mar something so beautiful. And why? }}
he thought as he moved to talk to the quartermaster.

The man nodded as if he knew what Markas was going to take as his "payment" for trying to save Father Kedric. And when Markas asked the man about the mark he shrugged saying, "All I know is it's dwarven. Some smith's mark. Heard a story once that that mark was sought after by warriors from all over, the weapons being prizes beyond price."

Markas nodded at the remark and turned to leave. "Hey a weapon like that needs a name you know." the quartermaster said to the warriors back. "Got any in mind?"

Without turning back Markas kept walking, but answered. "The only name fit for it, Father's Revenge."
OOC:
Purchasing:
+1 silvered light hammer: 2,321gp

Note: I had to spend 1 DMC to afford this (or any +1 weapon really)

Last edited:

possum

First Post
A dwarf hurriedly runs into the magical shop. "I can't believe that I'm runnin' late!" Dolgrin says as he reaches the counter, trying to regain his breath. The dwarf groans in defeat as he notices that a magical axe isn't within view of him. "You wouldn't happen to have any magical axes like this?" he asks the clerk at the desk, holding up a dented greataxe.

Regardless of the answer, the dwarf looks a bit sheepish as the clerk returns to the counter. "I, uh, thought I had a bit more than I did... I'll just trade this one in on a better made one, a couple of days of trail rations, nah make it one more. Sorry about that."

[sblock=Shopping]
Sell Mundane Greataxe for 10 gp
Buy Masterwork Greataxe for 320 gp
Buy three days of trail rations for 15 sp

Net Cost: 310 gp, 15 sp[/sblock]

OOC: Did I do this right, mistaken funds aside?

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

A dwarf hurriedly runs into the magical shop. "I can't believe that I'm runnin' late!" Dolgrin says as he reaches the counter, trying to regain his breath. The dwarf groans in defeat as he notices that a magical axe isn't within view of him. "You wouldn't happen to have any magical axes like this?" he asks the clerk at the desk, holding up a dented greataxe.

Regardless of the answer, the dwarf looks a bit sheepish as the clerk returns to the counter. "I, uh, thought I had a bit more than I did... I'll just trade this one in on a better made one, a couple of days of trail rations, nah make it one more. Sorry about that."

[sblock=Shopping]
Sell Mundane Greataxe for 10 gp
Buy Masterwork Greataxe for 320 gp
Buy three days of trail rations for 15 sp

Net Cost: 310 gp, 15 sp[/sblock]

OOC: Did I do this right, mistaken funds aside?

OOC: It looks right. do you know how to check for magical items?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases