[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Herr Heinrich Schreibersen-Wizard 5

A human with hair the color of flames walks in an meanders about. he stops at the cloaks

"Haf you a holocaust cloak?"

"Sorry sir, finding one of those would take a miracle"

Nodding in understanding he then asks, "Haf you a cloak for better resistance enchantment?"

"Let me look in back." He returns several minutes later with a cloak.

"Ja, ist goot. I sell zis und buy das pearl there."

OOC:
buy +2 cloak 4000 gp
buy pearl of power level 2 for 4000 gp from inventory

sell +1 cloak 1000 gp

sell 2 x pearl of power level 1 @ 1000 gp each for 2000 gp total

total sold 3000
total spent 8250
balence from cash available 5250

he sees a well scribed piece of parchment of a home on the good side of venza for sale. taking the notice he goes to inquire.
[obtain wealthy home: 100 gp/month]

after the proper exchanges are made, he makes one room as comfortable as possible and takes his pendant in his hand. it glows a soft blue then a quick flash.
[cast fox's cunning through pendant]
He then starts decoding the scroll he recently purchased
[spellcraft to scribe darkvision in spellbook]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
After her venture into the dry inland, Arianna is glad to return to the shoreline city of Venza and the sea. The adventure was profitable, so she comes again to the Pearl for some window shopping. Stopping in the back alley, she pulls out her crutches and transforms back to her more delicate self before entering. Upon entering, she meets familiar faces.

"Ah, what is it that you would like this time m'lady."

"What do you have in elemental enhancers for combat via claws?" Oh, well, this amulet causes your natural attacks to sear like flames. She looks at him disappointingly. "Fire cannot breath under the water. That will not do."
"Oh, my apologies. Dry folk like their fire, so that is our most popular kind. Let me see... Ah yes. The electric eel is a formidable creature in your realm I have heard. So, this amulet here, this adds electrical damage to each strike from natural weapons." "Much better. How much."

Her last adventure not being quite that profitable, she turns in a couple unused potions and a glowing rock to make up the difference.

"Thank you." as she puts the amulet on and then hobbles out of the establishment.

OOC:
Sell: 4,825 in gold and platinum coins
50 gp ~ 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds
50 gp ~ 1 potion of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
75 gp ~ 1 Ioun Torch

Buy:
5,000 gp ~ +0 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Fists

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
A delivery boy shows up carrying a small box with the latest new goods for the store. He is sent to the back where they can be sorted and prepared for display.

Wand of Summon Monster 3 (2 charges)(450 gp)
+1 Ring of Protection (2000 gp)

Wand of Create Pit (5 charges)(450 gp)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds (50 gp)

OOC: Leftover treasure from Mopping Up.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien enters into the shopping district, looking for some special items that she can use. Her coin purse is bulging.

She looks around for some better armor, a ring of protection, and magical carrying haversack. Among other things.

OOC: Bought:
+1 Ring of Protection (2000gp)
+1 Mithral Breastplate (5200gp)
Bracers of Archery, Lesser (5000gp)
Handy Haversack (2000gp)
2 Large Waterproof Bags (4gp)
Cold Weather Outfit (8gp)
Compass (10gp)
Mwk Comp Longbow (+2 Str) (600gp)

Sold:
+1 Mithral Chainshirt (-2100gp)
Mwk Backpack (-50gp)
Belt Pouch (-1gp)
Tanglefoot Bag (-50gp)

Total Cost = 12621gp

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
In Kostry Kopec's branch of the Pearl, Kalgor hastily makes his way in with a panther draped over his shoulders. Going up to the counter, "The crows had some stuff brought in last night? I am here to trade that stuff for a few more supplies. Rylidak is the one that was in charge and my name is Kalgor."

"Ah, yes. Kind of unusual for the crows to be porters, but... ah it doesn't matter. You have four hundred gold pieces in value."

Wandering away to the potions aisle, he grabs a couple lesser restorative potions. Bringing them up to the counter, "These should work. The kitty here was poisoned last night and still isn't doing good." As he is about to uncork one to feed to Gragnor, "Wait! Wait. If you are going to just use it here, you don't need to waste our packaging work. Hang on a second."

Hollering to someone in the back, a religious looking elf comes out to the front counter. "The 'kitty' needs a bit of restoration. "Set him on the counter here." After a couple prayers, "Thhannks."

"Now that he is good..." he wanders back to the potions and grabs four healing ones. Then coming back, "Oh, need this too. Was embarrassing to use rope to hold the manacles shut." Piling it all on the counter, "That should come out even." "It does."

Gragnor hops down and they leave to save the city.
OOC: +400 gp Two alchemist's labs sold
-120 gp 2 castings of Lesser Restoration
-80 gp 1 good lock
-200 gp 4 cure light wounds potions
====
0 balance

jackslate45

First Post
After Kalgor left, a rain drenched elf came walking in, and started wringing out the water in his hair.

"Can I help you sir? Are you also here with the Crows this morning?"

The elf nods, taking out a wand and a finley made cross bow "I am selling these today. The wand has 15 charges left."

Taking the wand and handing it to the clerical elf to confirm this, the man behind the counter takes a notice of of the cross bow "My word, I recognize this! I sold it to..." "Why I have it now should not matter, correct? Suffice to say the previous owner poisned my friend's cat. He will not be needing this any more." "I see sir. Well, between the wand and this, you have 560 gold to spend today"

With a nod, the elf walks over to the scrolls section. Only finding 1 of the spells he was looking for, he sighs but takes it over to the counter. "Do you have any Codex of Sapo books here?" "Yes, I think I can find a couple. What kinds? "A book on Spell work and a book on aberrations."

"I will check to see if we have anything..." Meanwhile, Anaerion goes to browse a bunch of random books. When he returns to the counter, he products 4 books that caught his interest

The shop keeper returns with only 1 book, sadly smiling "I apologize sir, it seems we only have on on Aberrations. Is that alright?"

With a nod, Anaerion cashes out and leaves.

Looking for:
Scroll of Dispel Magic - Found
Scroll of Gust of Wind -Not Found
Scroll of Protection from evil, Communal -Not Found
Sapo book of Spellcraft - Not Found
Sapo book of Know: Aberrations - Found
Book on History of Heth - 10 gp (For Malkovian)
Book on Hethian Plague - 10 GP (For Malkovian)
The Dark Tapestry Book - A guide to seeing behind the veil - 10 gp (For Malkovian)
R'lyeh and You - A guide to Aklo - 10 GP (For Malkovian)
Scroll Case - 1 Gp
Materials for Scribing Dispel Magic into the book - 90 gp

(560)-(375 + 50 + 40 +1 +90 ) = 560 - 554 = 4

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
A dapper, bubbly, friendly gnome walks into the Pearl. He's buyin'!

OOC: Buying
+1 Chain Shirt (1250 gp) - SUCCESS
Cracked Turquoise Sphere (200 gp) - FAILURE
Ring of Protection +1 (2000 gp) - SUCCESS
Cracked Pink and Green Sphere (Bluff) (200 gp) - FAILURE
Cracked Scarlet and Blue Sphere (Spellcraft) (200 gp) - SUCCESS
MW Exotic Military Saddle (110 gp)
Bit and Briddle (2 gp)

Selling
MW Chain Shirt (250 gp)

Last edited:

Remove ads