[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
@Scott DeWar commissioning takes triple time so your new, improved rapier won't be available until May 6.
[sblock=the purchase]
A well dressed human of features common of the local Venzins walks in. He is well dressed and carries an ivory handled rapier at his side.

"Maui, great jungle warrior and holy man of the spirit plains! What a trip we had, yes?

He leans over the counter and points to his armor, "have you any better then this?"

looking for +2 mithral chain shirt

looking for +2 mytheral chain shirt: 1D100 = [74] = 74

the man searches .. .. .. and searches .. .. .. and searches .. .. ..when a worker rolls a cart of armor in. "Boss, this just came in."

right on top is exactly what was asked for.

He removes his rapier and says, " well then mr. magician, how about a better one of these, complete with the Ivory handle?"
looking for +2 ivory handled rapier: 1D100 = [76] = 76

"No sir, of that I am sure. They were all acquired by academy of crossed swords"

"Well how much to make this better?"

"6000"

"Deal"

"Any thing else?"

"Why yes, I believe its called a haversack."
handy haversack: 1D100 = [72] = 72

As the armor is removed from the stack, the proprieter is saying they do not have one, when right under neath the armor is a haversack. "er, I guess we DO have one!"

Right then a wealthy man walks in with a pair of boots, explaining he won them in a bet. the boots allow you to land softly from a fall and always on your feet"
boots of the cat: 1D100 = [75] = 75

I'll trade you these mule back chords for that!"

"Deal!"

OOC:
sell:
Mwk Back pack 2 gp
Mule back chords 1000 gp
+1 mitheral chain shirt 2100 gp

buy +2 mitheral chain shirt 5100 gp
buy handy haversack 2000 gp
buy boots of the cat 1000 gp
upgrade sword to +2 6000 gp

spend 10,998 gp

start with 18 days of enchanting of rapier; finish on May 6
[/sblock]

A young human, well tanned by travel, walks in. the merchant smiles and hands a wrapped parcel to him. Unwrapping it, the young human smiles and places a very well made rapier on his hip and leaves with an air of confidence.

Systole

First Post
Two weeks later, Sylla walks through the door of the hut, her face unpainted but her expression as dour as ever. Boots, as ever follows behind her. Tuumor nods his approval.
“You have returned. And you have survived. Do you feel stronger, Heart-of-Maga?”

The elf glares at the shaman. “I feel angrier. Where are my things? I want them back. Now.”

Tuumor gestures at the altar. “There. The spirits have blessed them. Abyrtan gave your bracers the touch of air. Brandis Grassfoot gave his grace to your boots. Perria of the Waters put her blessing of your belt, so that you flow like a river over stones. Glonnadin of the War Host gave power to the glove you wear to strike your enemies. And the jewelry … Maga took them, for they glitter so. And you must have her respect, hunter, because more than that, she brought them back to you. A great sacrifice for a crow, you must agree.”

Sylla pauses in the act of putting on her belt. “I do not venerate your spirits, shaman.”

Tuumor shakes his head. “You do not think so, perhaps, but you do. When you returned our child to her tribe. When you spilled Juhelos’ heart’s blood in Maga’s name. When you trusted the spirits enough to walk without your armor for a half moon.”

Sylla doesn’t reply as she stiffly puts the last of the items back on and collects her face paint. As she walks through the door, Boots whispers, “Told you so.”

“Shut up.”

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera strolls into the shops with a lengthy list of items and a lot of gold to spend.

OOC: Commissioning +4 Enchantment to Mithral Platemail, cost -16000gp = 48days
Start 4 Jun 2013, Pickup on 22 Jul 2013.
Buying Boots of Striding and Springing (1d100=30) -5500gp
Selling Mwk Boots of Dancing +50gp
Buying Belt of Physical Might (+2 Str, +2 Con) (1d100=64) -10000gp
Selling +2 Belt of Strength +4000gp
Buying Eyes of the Eagle (1d100=58) -2500gp
Commission Armbands of the Brawler on 4 Jun, pickup on 7 Jun 2013 -500gp
Commission Quick Runner's Shirt on 4 Jun, pickup on 7 Jun 2013 -1000gp
Buying Circlet of Persuasion (1d100=46) -4500gp
Failed to find Cloak of Resistance +3 (1d100=95)
Buying +1 Shocking Greatsword (1d100=43) -8350gp
Selling Mwk Greatsword +350gp
Buying Headband of Alluring Charisma (1d100=70) -4000gp

Total Spent = 47,950gp

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, back in Venza after a journey south, has pouches bulging with gold to spend...

OOC: Buying:
Belt of Incredible Dexterity +4 (1d100=56); 16,000 gp
Goggles of Night (1d100=14); 12,000 gp
Duelist's Vambraces (1d100=50); 8,000 gp
+1 Heartseeker dagger (1d100=56); 8,302 gp
Sandals of Quick Reaction (1d100=46); 4,000 gp

Commissioning:
+2 enhancement on rapier (difference of 16,000 gp); 18 days: ready for pickup on 25 July 2013; 16,000 gp

Selling: Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2; 4,000 gp

Total Expenditure: 60,302 gp

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

OOC: Selling Dagger of Doubling +10,302gp
Selling +1 Planar shortsword +8,310gp
Selling Mwk shortsword +310gp
Buying Eyes of the Eagle (1d100=15) -2500gp
Looking for Bracers of Archery, Greater (1d100=81) - Failed
Buying Jingasa of the Fortunate Soldier (1d100=24) -5000gp
Looking forBelt of Physical Might +2 (Dex, Con) (1d100=88)- Failed
Buying Belt of Incredible Dexterity +4 (1d100=39) -16000gp
Selling Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2 +4000gp
Buying +2 Mithral Shirt (1d100=45) -5100gp
Selling +1 Mithral Breastplate +5200gp
Total Cost = 478gp

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa enters the Mystic Pearl. She takes the two swords she intends to sell to the bladesmith and, after briefly haggling, sells both at a fair price. Then she presents her own blade.

"I wish to strengthen the enchantments on this," she explains. "It is a sacred weapon, in service to the Host. Can you do it justice?"

The old Dwarf nods brusquely and takes the blade, promising it in some days.

Larissa turns, coins still jingling in her pocket, but notices an armored belt on her way out. Examining the enchantment, she smiles. She quickly negotiates a price, and hands over the gold She leaves the Mystic Pearl better equipped than when she entered.

She also picks up a scroll designed to delay the action of poisons, just in case.

OOC:
Selling:
+1 Mimetic Shortsword (8310 gp)
+1 Greatsword (2350)

Buying:
Upgrade her +1 Greatsword to +2 (6000 gp, commission)
Belt of Giant Strength +2 (4000)
Searching for +2 Belt of Giant Strength (1d100=56)
Scroll of Delay Poison (150 gp)
Looking for Scroll of Delay Poison (1d100=37)

Keeping from current loot:
Boots of Striding and Springing
Cloak of Elvenkind

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Menik walks into the Pearl with a distracted expression on his face, as if the elven wizard is lost in thought.

"I almost have it figured out! If only ... Do you have anything that could make me, well ... smarter?"

ooc: Buying a Headband of Vast Intelligence +2 (4000 gp) (search: 1d100 = 33)

ooc: What is the associated skill for the headband, or do I choose?

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]You choose the knowledge skill it is applied to. A suggestion is to put it in a skill that you don't have ranks in yet, as you don't get them back to put elsewhere. In your case, Kn Planes or Kn Religion are probably best. Knowing what that demon's weaknesses are important when you fight one. So, effectively having that skill always maxed is good. [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: huh, I thought that if you don't make it, it was random.
also, just corrected Know: dungeoneering with the ranks as he had a total of 2 higher then it should be. I had counted the bonus as Misc, not ranks.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases