[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] I don't believe that a person needs to roll for a MW Backpack as that is listed under Goods and Services (table 4-3 pg 182 APG). Any item on that list (actually on that whole page) may be purchased without rolling.[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
After consulting with his companions and sorting out the finances Izzij hurries back into the Pearl. "Back again Almar, hey what's this thing do? Oh wait, no, in a hurry. I'll take that wand please. Thank you kindly, pleasure doing business with you as ever."

Wand in hand the summoner gives Almar a jaunty salute with it before hurrying back out to his comrades.

OOC: The Sword and The Fallen Angel group purchases a wand of Cure Light Wounds for 750gp.
Maia pays 750gp to be paid back to her in full from the reward, the wand will then be distributed as treasure.

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli, the Red Hand, pokes around the Mystic Pearl, when he spies a beautiful cloak. "That cloak, I will have it!" he calls. When he see the price, he looks around, grabs his belt pouch and empties it on the counter, its contents going flying throughout the shop. He drops the pouch as well, and says, "Here! Have this! Have this all! Now is it mine?"

OOC:
Sell the following:
1 belt pouch (1 gp)
2 Thunderstones (60 gp)
2 Smokesticks (40 gp)
5 Tindertwigs (5 gp)
1 Sewing Needle (5 sp)
2 Doses of Eelweed (Oil of Taggit, 180 gp)

Total: 286.5 gp

Buy the following:
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1,000 gp, on list)

Spend above gold + 713.5 gp.

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra hardly ever gets lost, but having been down in a sewer/temple for the better part of his time in the city, you can hardly blame the guy. After stumbling into the Mystic Pearl by accident, and noticing the weapons, armor, and various other magical gear, he decides that this side trek might have been worth it.

OCC:
Looking for:
MW Longbow (+2 STR Rating) (600gp)
Potion of CLW x ? (As many as he can find) (50gp per): found 1 for 50 GP
Cold Iron Arrows (20 for 2 gp)
Regular Arrows (60 for 3 gp)
Blunt Arrows (20 for 2 gp)

Finding a really well made bow, he pulls it back and shoots an invisible arrow from it. He smiles, and notices arrows laying next to them. As he goes to purchase his new weapon and additional arrows, he notices a lone potion of healing, sitting unattended. Having remembered the previous encounter, he takes it. "These please" (655 gp total)

Last edited:

udalrich

First Post
After getting a good night's sleep after fighting bats, Syldar heads to the Mystic Pearl. After wandering around aimlessly for a while, she heads to the weapons section, where she looks at the longbows. Eventually, she picks up a yew bow, strings it and tests the draw. "This should do fine," she says.

Leaving that section, she picks up a better backpack than she has been using previously. After that, she heads over to the magic section and starts to look through the scrolls. She picks up a variety of scrolls. "I won't need to be casting these often, but when the occasion arises, the will be useful."

Returning to the front counter, she greets Almar. "Good day, kind sir. I have several items here that I would wish to purchase. There are a few items that are out of stock, so I would like to commission them as well." She then lays a large bag of coins on the counter. "Oh, and would you be interested in purchasing this backpack? It is still in excellent condition."

[sblock="Details"]Purchases:
MW Str 14 Composite Longbow
MW Backpack (automatic)
Scrolls (all CL 1 @ 25 gp)
Ant Haul (commissioned)
Borrow Skill, Comprehend Languages, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self,
Expeditious Retreat (commissioned)
Faerie Fire, Feather Fall, Gravity Bow, Hide from Animals, Hide from Undead, Magic Weapon
Pass without Trace (commisioned)
Protection from Evil (2x) (commissioned)
Protection from Law (commisioned)
Remove Fear
Shield (commisioned)
Solid Note, Speak with Animals, Spider Climb, True Strike,
Unseen Servant (commisioned)

23 scrolls @ 25 gp is 575.
MW backpack @ 50
Longbow @ 800

Sold backpack for 1 gp (50%)
Net purchases: 1424

Sorry about the extra dice for Speak with Animals. The first and the last dice were both under 75, but I can reroll it (or a judge can) if that is a problem.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
The following items need to be added to the Mystic Pearl:

masterwork arrows(x35): 6gp each = 210gp
masterwork studded leather: 175gp
masterwork light crossbow: 335gp
wand of cure light(5 charges): 75gp
potions, cure light: 50gp
potion, shield of faith: 50gp

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio stalks into the Mystic Pearl sneering at the chaotic mess and ignoring the proprieter begins to examine the listed wares.

"Give me the wand, better to be able to horde it against need than have to send out for healing again. And I require a magical armored kilt, do you have such a thing shopkeeper? No? A breastplate then? Wonderful, do you have anything of use? *sigh* A cloak of resistance then? Hmm, perhaps... What of bladed scabbards, anything finer than my own? Ah, yes, I shall take those."

The pale noble thinks for a moment scowling ferosciously down at the lists and begrudgingly adds, "Give me the potion of Cure Light Wounds, the other one to, and a heavy wooden shield. What about a better backpack, this ragged thing is an embarrassment... And I'll take that chain shirt to, I could probably sleep in that at a pinch."

OOC: Buys the Wand of Cure Light Wounds with 5 charges for 75gp.
Buys 2 MW Bladed Scabbards for 620gp.
Buys Potion of Cure Light Wounds 50gp.
Buys Potion of Shield of Faith 50gp.
Buys Heavy Wooden Shield for 7gp.
Buys MW Backpack 50gp
Buys Chain shirt 100gp
Buys Vermin Repellent 5gp
Buys 2 Belt Pouches 2gp
Total: 959gp

Sells Pesh x 2 for 40gp
Sells Cold Iron Combat Scabbard 20gp
Sells Backpack 2gp

Pays 897gp

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Holphin carefully looks around at the various weapons for sale. He notes the crossbow, but when he gives it a heft, replies, "Would you happen to have something lighter and smaller?"

He looks over the bolts, and furthermore examines them for special materials. A set of silver bolts are acquired, but cold iron prove unavailable. He chooses some standard bolts to fill out his needs. Finally, he notes the beautiful Rosewood Armor, and decides he must have a set.

OOC:
Selling:
Leather Armor (10gp)
Caltrops (1 gp)
Courtier's Outfit (30gp)

Total: 41 gp

Buying:
Noble's Outfit (75gp, no roll needed)
Jewelry (50gp, no roll needed)
MW Rosewood Armor, Small (200gp, from inventory)
Small Darkwood MW Light Crossbow (355 gp)
10 Small Alchemical Silver Bolts (21 gp)
10 small Bolts (1 gp)

Total: 702 gp

Net spent: 661 gp

Last edited:

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer makes his way into the Mystic Pearl. Seeing rows of items of all shapes and sizes he peruses the store for awhile. As he rounds a corner, he finds a shirt that sparkles brightly, and weighs almost nothing. Immediately he knows, a Mithral Chain Shirt, just what he was hoping to find. As he heads to check out, he grabs a pocketed scarf, a leather coat and a belt with a gaudy buckle on it. He walks to the desk, and throws his own studded leather armor on the workspace, along with his old coat, and gets ready to settle up.

OOC: Chaucer buys:
Mithral Chain Shirt - 1100 gp
Pocketed Scarf - 8 gp

Chaucer Sells:
Studded Leather Armor - 25 gp

Coat is flavor and should fall under the Explorer's outfit

Total gold due = 1083

Had 1283, now has 200 gold

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads