[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

jbear

First Post
The door is pushed open by a dark skinned dreadlocked warrior who strides to the counter grinning. "Hello Magic Merchant. Maui has returned." He drops a beautiful belt on the counter. "Te belt is good ... but Maui needs te strong and te quick belt. Can you do this?" Maui looks crest fallen when the shopkeeper shakes his head. Shoulders sunken he turns glumly to leave. The shopkeeper calls out to Maui who turns back, his face brightening. "You can make it?" Grinning he leaves the belt he was wearing and pays in advance the difference to have the new and better belt created.

OOC: Belt of Physical Might +2 Roll 79=Fail

Maui will have the belt made. How long does that take? 30 real life days?

Sell: Belt of Giant Strength +2 +4000 gp
Buy: Belt of Physical Might +2 (Str & Dex) -10000 gp
Total spent: -6,000 gp
Maui returns into the Pearl some days later, eyes wide and bright like a small child as he approaches the counter. "You have it? Good... beautiful. Thanking you many times!" Maui reaches ove the counter and grabs the storekeep by the shirt and drags him into a loud kiss which lands flush on the startled man's forehead. "You are te good and te wonderful man!"

OOC: 30 days have passed

Disposable Hero

First Post
Orion walks into the Mystic Pearl for the first time in several months, his purse with some new found coinage. His greatsword fastened to his back as he carries his armor in his arms. "I require new armor good sir."

With the wave of his arm the clerk shows him the way to his vast selection of armors. "Take what you wish, within your means of course, and I'll inspect this armor for value."

Orion takes his time inspecting each suit of armor until he finally finds what he's looking for. "This will do nicely." He takes the armor which him into a back room and after several minutes emerges in the Banded Mail he found only minutes earlier. "I'll take this armor. How much for my Scale Mail?" After a few moments of haggling they come to an agreement.

OOC: Sell: Scale Mail = 50 gp

Buy: Banded Mail = 250 gp

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Hawk enters and quickly makes her selections. First she finds a magical chain shirt to replace her mundane one. Next she trades in her regular great sword for a masterwork one. Next she trades in one of her daggers for a masterwork one. Finally she tries to find an ion torch but is unsuccessful. So she commissions it to be crafted. Then she quickly leaves. For some unknown reason the place gives her the creeps.

OOC: Small Chain Shirt +1 65=Pass = 1250 gp - 100 gp = 1150 gp
Masterwork Small Greatsword = 350 gp - 50 gp = 300 gp
Masterwork Small Dagger = 302 gp - 2 gp = 300 gp
Ioun Torch 84=Fail = 75 gp (construction time is 1 day)
Total = 1925 gp
OOC: Plenty of time has passed for construction of the Ioun Torch.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigB

First Post
A haggard looking gnome enters the pearl. "What a day. A rat decided to make a meal of my leg. Luckily my friend was there to skewer it. Hah, that rat got what it deserved. Anyway need some new armor, maybe something with a bit more protection. Yes, yes, this will do." He picks out a set of +1 studded leather and sets the payment on the counter as he swaps out his old armor for the new. With a smile he waves farewell and out the door he vanishes.

[sblock]
search for +1 ring protection 1D100 = [84] = 84 no good
+1 small studded leather armor 1D100 = [50] = 50 success
sell studded leather armor +25 gp
purchase +1 small studded leather armor -1175 pg
total cost 1150 gp
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Drawing her hood back and breathing heavily as she enters the Pearl, Tamarie quickly seizes upon the lull in other business to grab the attention of the shopkeeper. She lists just a couple supplies for the trip to the ridge, "Hmm, 3 more day's trail rations, and 10 crossbow bolts. Do they come in blunt? No? Ok, regular is fine. Thank you." Paying quickly upon receiving the supplies, she stuffs them all into her backpack and takes off down the road.

[sblock=Blunt Bolts]I'm assuming blunt bolts don't exist because they are not explicitly mentioned in the equipment book. But if they do exist, let me know, I would like to be buying 10 blunts to go with my 10 sharps.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

A young-looking blonde woman pokes her head through the door. "Is this the place where you ... a Handy Haversack!" she shouts. Immediately dropping her pack to the floor, she begins unloading everything she owns into the magical satchel, stopping only when she realizes that the shop's owner is peering at her incredulously. "Oh, sorry. Money, right? I forgot." She digs out a large pouch of gold, shaking her heard sadly. "There are only 52 cards in a deck. You'd think people could calculate odds better."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 12/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +5
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 2/7
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 0/3
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person, Shield, Detect Secret Doors

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+2, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+4, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas stoops just a bit and twists his shoulders just so as he comes in through the door of the Pearl. He's not really so big that he'd have bumped or brushed it; the motions seem more like long established habit. When he sees Mirra rummaging and transferring her belongings he immediately recognizes the pack she's gotten her hands on. "Hi, Mirra! Oh, Root and grub. Tell me you didn't get the last one . . . ah, well. Guess my handy sack will have to serve a while longer," he says as he examines the empty Haversack rack. "Let's see what else they may have in here for me . . ." He browses for a little, nodding absently to Mirra as she makes her purchase and exits, and comes up with a plain but very finely crafted quiver. "Ah, just the thing I think! It won't hold everything, but it will hold all of my weapons, and lighten my load just a bit. Now I can replace my sack with nice backpack. OH, wait just a moment! What's this?"

He pulls an excellently forged shirt of mithril links from the shelf and holds it up. Without a word, he puts the quiver back and takes the shirt to the counter. "I'll be taking this." He browses for a few moments more, picking up a heavier version of his longbow and a exclaiming loudly over an excellently crafted heavy flail with a silvered head.

Having finished his shopping for now, he rearranges his gear and head out for the Dunn Wright.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Handy Haversack (1d100=92)
Efficient Quiver (1d100=18)
Silver Heavy Flail (1d100=17)

Selling Masterwork Breastplate. Purchasing +1 MIthril Chain Shirt from Stock.
Selling STR +2 Composite Longbow to pick up a STR +3 version. Purchasing Masterwork Backpack. Selling Heavy Flail and buying Silver version of same.[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 15 (09 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 19/19 (NL Damage: 04; Ability Damage: DEX 07)
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +09
CMB: +03 CMD: 12
Fort: +04 Reflex: -01 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A human walks in wearing travel cloths and sporting a number of weapons, though none like the ivory handled rapier at his side, walks in the door, a lively light step in his pace. He smiles at the man behind the counter who recognizes him, or more likely the sword, who smiles back. heading to the potions he rummages through, reading each label. . . . . . ..

He finds four identical potions quickly and pays them with 20 coins of platnium, obviously in a hurry. "just got hired for another job, got to go!"

Action: buy 4 potions of cure light from stock

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Mirra hurries into the Mystic Pearl. "You have circlets which magically boost cognitive powers, right?" she asks.

"Indeed. we have a selection. And in addition to improving one's intellect, they also provide innate knowledge of a certain discipline ... geography for example. Or religion ... local politics..."

The alchemist looks horrified. "It puts knowledge into your brain? Directly? But ... no! That's just wrong! Don't you have anything without that? A plain one?"

The merchant doesn't miss a beat. "Of course. We cater to all needs here. Here you are."

Mirra makes a humphing noise. "Well ... alright. And some books. I'll take that set of encyclopedias you have there, please."

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Mystie, a small gnomish woman riding a mastiff enters the Pearl and starts looking around. After finding a backpack that is bigger on the inside, she starts collecting supplies. Looking at her leather armor, she knows that is not quite enough. She upgrades a tad bit to a chain shirt. It is not much, but she no longer looks like a newbie out on her first adventure. Being in a bit of a rush, she pays for the items quickly so she and Bubba can make it across town.

2,000 gp Handy Haversack (1d100=36) success
..100 gp chain shirt
50 gp 10 vials of Vermin Repellant
.,,.50 gp 1 Antitoxin vial
..250 gp 5 Antiplague vials
....20 gp 1 vial alchemical glue
....25 gp 1 vial alchemical glue accelerant
....40 gp 2 vials alchemical glue solvent
.....3 gp 3 candlerods
.....1 gp 2 pots of casting plaster
.....0.5 gp 10 days of dog food
....25 gp 1 vial mending paste