[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Yeah, I never bothered looking when I was considering what to do with Pirvinia's remaining gold. Easier to roll dice.
But you will notice that I did not really want the CMW potion anyway. ;) I choose the one of lesser restoration.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I see that the last update was 2 January of 2014, over 11months. I wonder how accurate is that list?

Systole

First Post
A tall dwarf walks into the Pearl and has a quiet word with the proprietor. A goodly sum of gold changes hands, as well as a promise to return in a few days.

OOC: Selling
Heavy Crossbow +1

Buying
Darkwood Seeking Heavy Crossbow +1
Efficient Quiver (on order)
Belt of Dex +2
Cloak of Resistance +1 (on order)

Crossbow availability (1d100=53)
Belt of Dex (1d100=66)

Not bothering to roll on the cheaper stuff since
Rhas does not have another adventure lined up.

Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
A Southern Elf walked into the shop. A Southern Man greeted him, "A glorious day, for a mighty warrior returns at long last!"

Excess praise often did naught but make the humble Samad feel nervous, but he was rather impressed that this man he had only spoken to once or twice remembered him all the same, so he brushed it off. He desperately tried to remember the proprioter's name, but he was unable, so he looked at the plaque before replying.

"Esseiyyid Almar Ben Shawari, I have an affliction, that I was hoping you could help me with," He began, "You see, I am plagued with having too much money, and nothing to do with it!"

Almar laughed boisterously, "Ah Ha! Well my friend, I may have just the cure for your ills!"

The shop owner reached over to a rack where sat a number of belts. Choosing carefully, he pulled one off the end and held it before him, "If ill is what you are than this will make you as fit and hearty as a god, though..." His face darkened slightly, "...Perhaps as some more than others."

Samad certainly knew better than others that of which Almar Ben Shawari spoke, and nodded, "Aye, that would certainly be of great use, so how much are you looking for it?"

"5000 ducat, crowns, or equivalent currency."

"I think not," Samad replied, "3000 is a more accurate number."

They haggled back and forth for a while until they finally reached the obvious middle ground of 4000, "And a magic stick of wood that will knit any wound!"

"I already have a wand such as that," Samad revealed, pulling out the rod of carved bone. Almar simply looked at it, before pointing out, "Ah, but this one is far fresher than that one, and will certainly last longer. Much better for long journeys, no?"

Samad could not dispute that.

[sblock=OOC]Starting Funds: 4996
Buying Belt of Mighty Constitution +2 (1d100=75) Success.

Continuing Funds 996
Buying Wand of CLW (1d100=6) 750 GP. Success
Selling Wand of CLW (19 charges) 285 GP

Ending Funds: 531 GP
Maybe something situational will arise prior to next adventure that'll make me spend the rest of it...[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
A swarthy young man with the look of a southerner rushes into the Pearl.

"Late for a job, looking for some quick turnaround on a few things..." he says. The exchange is brief, as the man is uncharacteristically quick and direct with his words.

There seems to be a bit of a stumble when the adventurer and the shopkeep review the available amulets, but after a few smoother words, Ru convinces the shopkeep to release one in the back rooms stock.

[sblock=ooc]Start gold: 23,182.85
Selling:
nunchaku (4 gp)
Shuriken (2 gp)
Elixer of Hiding (250 gp)
Mithral chain (1100 gp)
Wakizashi x1 (35 gp)

To spend: 24,573.85

Buying:
Goggles of Night (12000)
Ring of Prot +1 (2000)
Agile Wakizashi +1 (8335)
Quarterstaff (0)
Longbow (75)
Arrows (1)
Blunt Arrows (2)
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2000)

Gold remain: 160.85

Goggles of Night;Ring prot +1;Agile Wakizashi +1;Amulet Nat armor +1: 1D100 = [40] = 40
1D100 = [62] = 62
1D100 = [58] = 58
1D100 = [85] = 85

Burning 1 DMC to get the amulet.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

A red headed human walks in and walks directly to the scrolls. he searches thoroughly hoping for the best.

[roll0] <--first try

[roll1] <if first is found, then try for second

[sblock=ooc]
first roll is for summon monster 3, second is for a second scroll if the first is successful

he is going to trad3e his wand of magic missiles at 90% value as it is missing 10% of its charges

buy Scroll: summon Monster 4 cost 700 gp

trade wand: value 750-75=675
coin spent: 25
[/sblock]

At his first perusal, he thoroughly examines each and ever one of the scrolls. Not one, not twice, but three times. he is very disappointed by the look on his face.

Having internet troubles most of the day.

He goes back to the scrolls again and chooses one he saw earlier. He pays for it by trading a wand and coin for the scroll

1d100=1

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
An old man with a bushy beard shuffles quietly through the door. Everything in the shop moves and rattles as though made to dance by the wind that slips through the crack, only this continues for several moments even after the door is shut. The shabby fellow almost seems to glide across the floor as he ceases paying attention to what he is doing and forgets to maintain the appearance of a hobbling hobo whilst he searches the walls filled with magical items intently, in seach of something very specific. His eyes become electric for a moment as they light upon exactly what they search for. A massive pouch of platinum coin is dumped upon the counter and an electric blue rod is handed over to the old man who tucks it away on his holstered rod-belt to join his collection of rods already there.

He continues to look about, seeing what other trinkets might catch his attention...

Dazing Metamagic Rod 1d100=61 Buy for -54000 gp
Headband of Vast Intelligence +4 1d100=54 Buy for -16000 gp
Scroll of Ball Lightning 1d100=45
Scrollof Telekenetic CHarge 1d100=14
Scroll of Undead Anatomy 1d100=21
Scroll of COld IceStrike 1d100=65
Buy Scrolls for -4700 gp

Sell Headband of VastIntelligence +2 +4000 gp

Total GP spent 70700 gp

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

A red headed human walks in, his hair the color of flames. His robes indicate his profession as a wizard, he moves About the shop, totally unsure what he wants.
roll for headband; roll for pearl: 1D100 = [78] = 78
1D100 = [32] = 32

He searches through the pearls but does not find one to his liking, however he sees a headband that gets his attention.

ring of wizardry: 1D100 = [88] = 88

He then wanders to the rings to see if there is one to double his casting capacity, but sees none in inventory

Last edited:

Remove ads