[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

sunshadow21

Explorer
--At Thuvian's home--
The tiefling wizard stood in his study, frowning heavily as he looked around at the crowded bookshelves and tables of the room to the somewhat worn backpack and the pile of adventuring gear immediately in front of him. Still not certain he was in his right mind, he he starts to slowly put the items in the pack. Some of the items are well worn, others brand new; none are packed without the frown deepening on the mage's face. Watching, and occasionally hindering this process is a gold and black viper that is intensely curious about each and every object in the pile; his antics are the only things that keep the expression on Thuvian's face from being completely dark and moody. In time, the pack is loaded and the tiefling gives one last look at the room before calling for his apprentice. "I will be leaving shortly. If you have any last questions about your studies, taking care of this house, or how to reach me, ask me now." The apprentice, another tiefling shakes his head no, at which point the master picks up the pack, and gives one last long, almost regretful look to his study. "I hope to be back sooner rather than later, though I suspect it will not happen. If I have not found peace yet, it is unlikely to show itself easily now. I can only hope that the Dunn Wright Inn has not lost it's reputation for providing work. Come, Thad; perhaps you will find the road more gratifying than your predecessor." Drawing the hood of his cloak over his head as the snake slithers onto the tiefling's shoulder, the pair exits the house as the lure of the road once more beckons.

OOC: Summary of items sold:
+1 Bracers of Armor 1000
Wand of Comprehend Language (26 charges) 390
Total 1390

OOC: Summary of items bought:
+2 Bracers of Armor 4000
Blessed Book (via commission) 12500
Scroll of Ventriliquism (via commission) 25
Scroll of Floating Disk (x2) 50
Scroll of Undetectable Alignment 25
Total 16600

Total Cost 15210

OOC: Spells copied into spellbook (no material cost due to Blessed Book): Bear's Endurance, Detect Thoughts, Displacement, Howling Agony, Loathsome Veil, Locate Object, Protection from Arrows, Stinking Cloud, Ventriliquism, Floating Disk, Undetectable Alignment

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia walked into the magical shops and viewed the items for sale. Not finding everything she wanted, she commissioned several.

OOC: Transactions:
Sold Headband of Alluring Charisma +2 (4000gp)

Commissioned (13 Oct 2015)
Headband of Alluring Charisma +4 (10k gp)
2 x +1 Mithral Bucklers (4030gp)
Belt of Dexterity +2 (4000gp)
Ring of Protection +1 (2000gp)
Cloak of Resistance +2 (4000gp)
Hat of Disguise (1800gp)
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2000gp)

Total Cost = 23830gp
Items available on 12 Nov 2015

FrancisJohn

Explorer
A halfling most curious drunkenly stumbles into the Pearl after dismounting his war pig. He takes a look around, all the while successfully holding a shooter of whiskey thieved from the Dunn Wright Inn. The snake that has been coiled around his neck begins to quietly hiss in his ear. "I don't need this firewater now... we'll save it for when it gets unbearably cold and we are left to die with nothing else to do but drink to all the good times." He says to his snake. "We'll save this for later of course!" He marches on up to the man behind the counter. He begins with his order. "One hip flask please....." After he completes all of his transactions, he aimlessly meanders the Venzan streets.

OOC:
8 Coldweather Outfit
.5 Blanket
5 Snowshoes
5 Spell component pouch
1 Hip flask
50 Masterwork Backpack
10 Dragon Flask Whiskey
1 Bellows
-2 Backpack

78.5 Total

Anastrace

First Post
Leira, Master of Martial Arts

Battered from the road, Leira shuffles into the Mystic Pearl. She shakes the dust off, and begins to peruse the shelves. As she moves about, she starts thinking of what she is looking for. "So, I'm looking for something...exotic. I'm quite fond of my whip blade, and would love to get one that has a better balance than my old monastery one. Oh, I'm also looking for another shield like mine, but a little better than what I have." She continues looking about, and finally decides on a few healing potions and a nicer backpack.

OOC:
Purchasing...
Masterwork Urumi (330 gp)
Darkwood Heavy Shield +1 (1,257 gp)
Cure Light Wounds Potions x4 (200 gp)
Masterwork Backpack (50 gp)

Selling
Backpack (2 gp)
Urumi (30 gp)
Darkwood Shield (257 gp)

[sblock=Shopping & Availability]
Masterwork Urumi availability : 1D100 = [15] = 15

Masterwork Gladius Availability : 1D100 = [85] = 85

Ioun Torch availability : 1D100 = [92] = 92

Darkwood Heavy Shield +1 Availability: 1D100 = [62] = 62

Cure Light Wounds Potions x4: 1D100 = [39] = 39

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Anastrace]You'll need to roll a series of availability rolls for each of the CLW potions, with the first failure ending the chain and preventing any following successes in this availability period. Your 39 nets you the first one, so you'll need three more rolls if you'd like to purchase upwards of 4 of the potions.

For example, assuming a 75% success rate:
53, 21, 78 would be two successes
98, 05, 56 would be no successes (because the 98 ends the series)

If you have any questions feel free to ask.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
"Just returned from a job well paid in which I found myself without the best of gear. Something I wish to remedy right away." He peruses the shelves and finds a few items of interest.
He places his slightly used short sword on the table along with the coins owed for the items. "I was hoping to find a goblin sword, you see we fought some rather nasty brutes that carried these swords with holes in them and they were very effective. However I believe the fine shortsword here will do very nicely. Perhaps someone will find use of my old sword. Thank you as always it is a pleasure. Now I am off to see about securing some living accomodations."

[sblock]
item availability
ring1:1D100 = [75] = 75 success
ring2:1D100 = [17] = 17 success
dogslicer:1D100 = [87] = 87 fail

+1 shortsword 1D100 = [68] = 68 success

purchases:
ring of spell knowledge I 1,500 gp
ring of spell knowledge II 6,000 gp
+1 shortsword 2,310 gp
wand of shield (42 charges) 675 gp from inventory
feather token swan boat 450 gp from inventory
Living accomodations 1,000 gp

items sold:
short sword 10gp

total spent = 11,925 gp

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad Salil stepped out of the shop with some new gear in hand. One of which was a pair of spectacles that had caught his eyes. It was strange, he had seen lens grinders in his homeland, but it seemed it was the Venzans capitalizing on this innovation. Still, he thought they looked rather silly when worn, and he thought they might be fragile besides, so he kept them in his bag. Another thing that Ben had pushed on him was a pair of old, ratty gloves. They were also missing the fingers, so Samad saw no practical benefit in them, but he was assured that they would aid him in seeing what couldn't be seen. So why did he buy the spectacles, then?

[sblock]Starting Total: 17413.1
Sell
+1 cloak of resistance +1000 gp
+1 mithral chain shirt +2100 gp
+1 scimitar +2315 gp

Buy
Buying Cloak of Resistance +2: 1D100 = [84] = 84 Failure, will buy from stock
Gloves of Recon: 1D100 = [3] = 3 Success
+1 Mithril Shirt of Light Fortification: 1D100 = [68] = 68 Success
+2 Scimitar: 1D100 = [69] = 69 Success
Eyes of the Eagle: 1D100 = [50] = 50 Success
Ending Total: 913[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
Regar moves through the markets swiftly, uninterested in the amazing colours and smells, the exotic species perched in different shopfronts or the magical items and wands sitting in the stalls. He had a bit of a one-track mind sometimes, he needed three scrolls. One of Summon Minor monster, Break and Burning Hands being the main ones. Pleasantly surprised by his success, Regar purchased the appropriate magical inks, so he could write the spells into his spell-book. He then nearly forgot that he lacked a water-skin. With a sigh, he went away to purchase one. He could feel its heavy contents weighing him down.

[sblock=OOC]
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103149 - Summon Minor Monster - Success (-25gp)

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103151 - Break - Success (-25gp)

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103153 - Burning Hands - Success (-25gp)

Magical inks (-30gp)

Waterskin (-1gp)

=-106 gp

8sp remaining

+4lb., Regar is now at medium carrying capacity (32lb.). I will get him a dark-wood staff after this adventure to lighten his load.

I assume I update my character sheet now? [/sblock]

Remove ads