A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Damen sniffs, lifting the lock. Anyone with half-some skill could get by this, no magic needed. Only if its bolted from inside do we have to go supernatural. He looks the windows, making sure they are held tight as well. Best someone with good eyes keep an eye outside, but they will need a way back in.
OOC: There are windows, right? If so, how well are they latched? If we post watch outside, we'll want a quick way for them to return.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Phoenix looks around the barn and sets her travel back down near one of the empty stalls.

"I think the best way to figure this out is to wait in here until tonight and ambush who or whatever it is that comes for the next cow."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Tarkus looks out the window to judge the height of the sun and how long they have to wait. "I agree. Good farmer, may we trouble you for a meal while we wait? An army marches on its stomach - though hopefully we won't eat that much!" He glances around at his odd companions, trying to judge exactly how inhuman some of them are.

Mewness

First Post
"Bessie, is it?" Papolstaanas asks, walking over to the cow. "Pleased to meet you. Don't you have pretty spots. Yes you do. Yes you do! Don't worry. We won't let any weird psychic whatevers take you away... I should be inside, I guess," he says to the others.

[sblock=OOC]Stupid PC kobolds that can't see in the dark. Not that Papolstaanas is any good at Perception anyway.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
"I can stand sentry outside," Kaeysari says. "We'll need to have a way for me to get in, and a way to get the cows out. if there's a fight inside here, if they're... say... burrowing up from underground, rather than coming in from outside. Better to let the cows run out. At least then we know they won't accidentally get hit in the battle."
She examines the door and the bar used to hold it shut.

renau1g

First Post
The door appears to be relatively solid and the bar is a 4x6 beam that slides into some metal brackets.

At Tarkus' comments, Shamus replies, "Oh, but of course, where's my manners at? Ok, I'll git Leah to whip you folks up something. Ok, you just do whatever it is you folks do and I'll be right back." he says, leaving you to your tasks. The night is growing darker.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
After Shamus leaves, Tarkus turns to his companions. "We should find a place to hide," he says. "Scaring them off won't help us to find out who did this."

He looks out the window and sees the darkening sky. "Who here has scouting skills? We should survey the approaches, both to plan our defense and to see if there are any tracks left over from the last raid. Probably the people and cattle here have already trampled over any signs, but sometimes fortune provides surprises.

BenBrown

First Post
"Some of us could set up in the rafters," Kaeysari says, "Or in the hayloft. I guess someone could hide in the manger, covered with hay, if you don't mind cows licking you all night."

[sblock=ooc]I'm assuming there is a hayloft or at least something up above like exposed beams, based on the barn picture you showed and my own experience with barns.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases