A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Cyr/Ozy]
Sorry, it's a surprise round. 1 action please. Your passive insight is enough though, they seem hungry...

Ozy - yeah ... I figure let's add to that location's body count ;)
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Tarkus puts his right hand on his mace and with his left raises his holy symbol, a small set of silver scales dangling from a chain wrapped around his wrist. His jaw set, he stares towards the trees, waiting to see movement.

[sblock=OOC]
Should the rest of us be responding, or should we wait until Damen and Cyr's actions are resolved?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Just waiting on the two. The aforementioned wolves will have a surprise round. Damen and Cyr's passive perception beat their stealth check. [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Trouble. That is all Damen says as he backs into the woods and vanishes.
OOC: Move to S8 w/ Sneak's Trick and use Stealth: 25; I'm assuming that square grants some cover or concealment. Still unarmed.
[sblock=Damen]Damen Bane—Male Drow Thief 6
Initiative: +12, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC: 21, Fort: 16, Reflex: 22 Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 49/49, Bloodied: 24, Surge: 12, Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Ambush Trick
Feinting Trick
Sneak's Trick

Agile Footwork
Backstab x2
Cloud of Darkness/Darkfire
Cunning Escape
Slip Aside

Shadowdance Armor +1 (daily)
Boltshard Hand Crossbow +2 (daily)
2 Healing Potions

Damen Bane - http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Damen_Bane_(stonegod)[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so first combat, just want us all to get used to each other, my rules, etc. So post any order you want, resolve in posted order. Please refrain from OOC tactics. Anything must be said IC, you can use OOC for clarification, but please don't say "Phoenix move" and then have a twenty line supposition discussing a variety of tactics in an sblock. I'll post monster defenses once attacked. I'll announce monster hp when bloodied. I don't post the whole stat block like some DM's do, but I'm around often so if you have a question PM or email me (my username at gmail). I think that's it. Lets have some fun!

Oh, this is easily the largest fight I've run here in L4W. Nice to have a big budget to work with, although minions aren't necessarily my favourite they have their place :)
[/sblock]

Pointing his staff, Cyr calls out. "Beware the wolves!"

From the staff tip three rays shoot into the forest, rewarded with pained yelp. Two of the wolves let out yelps as they fall to the divine light.

Trouble. That is all Damen says as he backs into the woods and vanishes.

Suddenly the treeline explodes with action as three larger, more fierce wolves step out of the brush along with nearly a dozen and a half smaller ones. A deep, guttural howl is emitted by the large ones and the lupine creatures launch into an attack.

Phoenix and Cyr battle off their foes, but Kaeysari, Papolstaanas, and Kauldron all fall beneath the flurry of teeth, fur and paws. Although the three adventures are made of tougher stuff than the wolf pack are used to and although down, they are certainly not out.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
W5/6/8/12 - use Charging Leap - vs ac (papo) (1d20+9=10, 1d20+9=15, 1d20+9=26, 1d20+9=27) two hits, knocked prone. 4 damage from 1st attack, 7 from second (when you were prone)
W13 - use charging leap on Phoenix - vs ac (phoenix) (1d20+9=15) miss ([MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION] gets OA on it, not sure if you want to take it or not)
BW5 - charges Cyr - charge Cyr (1d20+11=19, 2d6+6=10) miss...
W1/14/4 - Charging Leap on Kaeysari - charge Kaey (1d20+9=17)charge Kaey (1d20+9=26) ok one hit for 4 and knocked pronecharge Kaey (1d20+11=22) hits for 7 more
W9 - charge Kauldron - charge Kauldron (1d20+11+2=29) hits for 4 and knocked prone
BW1 - charges Kauldron - charge Kauldron (1d20+11+2=15, 2d8+7=17) miss :rant:
BW4 - does the same - charge Kauldron (1d20+11+2=24, 2d8+7=11)hits for 11
W10/16 - charge Kauldron - charge Kauldron (1d20+11=21, 1d20+11=24) 1 hit for 7
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
W's: ?? AC; ??/16/?? F/R/W
BW: ?? AC; ??/17/?? F/R/W
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
W's: 1/1 hp
BW1:
BW2:
BW3:

Damen Bane: 49/49 hp, 7/7 surges
Kaeysari: 35/46 hp, 10/10 surges, prone
Kauldron: 25/47 hp, 12/12 surges, prone
Cyr Iannes: 34/34 hp, 7/7 surges
Phoenix: 36/36 hp, 8/8 surges
Papolstaanas: 34/45 hp, 13/13 surges, prone
Tarkus the Crusader: 31/31 hp, 9/9 surges

Init: Everyone but Tarkus...
kaul; kaey; tarkus; phoen; papo; cyr; damen; wolves (1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=24, 1d20=1, 1d20+3=17, 1d20+5=25, 1d20+9=13, 1d20+12=29, 1d20+7=12)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Features of Area]
Undergrowth: Thick stands of creepers, vines, and saplings are difficult terrain.

Trees: Close-growing conifers rise along both sides of the road. They grant total concealment. It takes a DC 10 Athletics check to enter the trees, and
they are difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Four Seasons.jpg
    Four Seasons.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 108

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Phoenix knocks the wolf away with her staff and turns, her dagger suddenly appearing in her hand and igniting in pale yellow-white flames. "Orbus Incendus Detanus!" she shouts and the wolves near Kauldron are suddenly hurled to the ground by a blast of searing white fire.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Draw Flaming Dagger.
Minor: Draw Defensive Staff (Phoenix will always have her staff in hand unless stated otherwise. I didn't mention it before, so I'll have her draw it now).
Standard: Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation(No OAs thanks to Shimmering Cloth Armor): Area Burst 1 Centered on J8, 1d20+10=29 Ref vs K7, hit, 15 Ref vs K8, miss, 24 Ref vs K9, hit, those hit take 1d6+11=12 fire damage and are knocked prone. Effect: The area of the attack is aflame, any creature that enters or starts its turn in the zone takes 2 fire damage.

Immediate Actions:
1) If an enemy hits Phoenix's AC or Reflex and would miss if Phoenix's AC/Ref was 4 higher, she triggers Shield as an Immediate Interrupt, gaining +4 AC/Ref TENT.
2) If she is hit an 1) is not applicable, she triggers Infernal Wrath as a Free Action and her attacker takes 1d6+6 fire damage.

[sblock=Phoenix's Statblock]Phoenix, Female Tiefling Mage 4
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 18, Fort:16, Reflex:19, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP:36/36, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:9, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +3, Action Points: 1
MBA: +6 AC, 1d4+4 fire damage. RBA: Range 20, 8 fire damage.

Powers: Magic Missile, Freezing Burst, Arc Lightning, Infernal Wrath, Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation, Color Spray, Shield, Second Wind, Flaming Sphere, Flaming Dagger, Cloak of Resistance
Notes: Phoenix does not provoke OAs for Ranged or Area attacks. Phoenix's attacks ignore fire resistance. Phoenix gains +1 to hit against bloodied foes.
[/sblock][/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Emerging from the shadows, Damen raises his special crossbow. *Thunk* The bolt hits hard and deep, but Damen is already moving, loading the crossbow with a quick cock of the wrist and firing another shot as he uses the wolf's distraction to his advantage.[sblock=Actions]Minor to draw crossbow (was unarmed, so no OA). Standard to attack BW5 with CA and Backstab: AC 26, 36 damage. Use Ambush Trick to move to U4, gaining CA against any target w/in 5 w/o one of their allies adjacent. Then, spend AP to attack BW5 again, assuming it is still up: AC 25, 15 damage.[/sblock][sblock=Damen]Damen Bane—Male Drow Thief 6
Initiative: +12, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC: 21, Fort: 16, Reflex: 22 Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 49/49, Bloodied: 24, Surge: 12, Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Ambush Trick
Feinting Trick
Sneak's Trick

Agile Footwork
Backstab x2
Cloud of Darkness/Darkfire
Cunning Escape