D&D 4th Edition A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79) - Page 14




What's on your mind?

  1. #131
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341

    Ignore Iron Sky
    Phoenix looks around for something out of place in the barn, be it natural or not.

    Skill checks
    Perception: 1d20+8=14, Arcana: 1d20+12=17

    Not with rolls like that.

 

  • #132
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    574

    Ignore Darksteed
    Awww...*he sighs heavily as Shamus breaks his heart. Reluctantly he follows, or rather leads the rest. Taking guidance of where to go from Shamus. He enters the barn and looks around after it's been open.*

    Hmmm never seen one of these before. *He moves off to the side and leans up against a post continuing to smoke his cigar. Quite content to let the others look around as investigating in this mannerism really was his forte.*
    Kauldron (Goblin Paladin 8), Hunzu (Shardmind Mage 3), Cyrus (Khan Executioner 3)

  • #133
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    Damen shrugs when Kauldron turns back at Shamus' admonition.

    As the others look around, Damen clicks his tongue. Tsk, tsk. If you want to know how to get into a place, it requires more than eyes. He looks, but he also feels with his fingers. Doors. Walls. Windows. There are many ways into a locked barn and not all require magic.
    OOC
    Perception (13) and Thievery (26 [Crit!]) to determine possible entrances/exits/etc.

    Note, as a Thief, if these are skill challenge skills, Nat 20's count as an auto-success and grant an additional success (so 2).
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #134
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    stonegod

    I don't think you crit the thievery. You have 1d20+13 and the result is 26, so I'd assume the roll was 13?

  • #135
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,043

    Ignore MetaVoid
    "I've learned that mostly when someone says there is no entrance and yet somehow there is access it's either ghosts or hidden entrance."

    Perception (1d20+13=20) - passive is 23 if that means anything

  • #136
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    ooc
    Apparenetly I've forgotten how to math. That's what my students are for.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #137
    Tarkus has been uncharacteristically silent as the party travels, even allowing Phoenix's slurs against the gods to pass unchallenged. But when they approach the barn he shakes himself out of his dark mood and looks around.

    If there are animals in the barn:

    While the others search the entrances and exits, Tarkus approaches the animals, making soft, friendly noises. The cows eye him warily but soon relax as he strokes their heads soothingly. He takes the opportunity to examine their ears and teeth, run a hand down their flanks, and - carefully - bend to check their hooves.

    "Not exactly like horses," he comments, "But I learned enough on campaign to tell if an animal's healthy."If there's anything strange about the beasts themselves, I should be able to tell."



    If there are no animals in the barn:

    Seeing the barn empty, Tarkus turns to Shamus and asks, "Where do you keep your beasts during the day?"

  • #138
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ignore Mewness
    OOC
    I'm waiting to find out where the animals are, because Papolstaanas would like to see them as well (not that he really has any skills to contribute).
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #139
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    ooc

    Your DM spent most of yesterday working on a corporate tax return for a client that had to get out before they went on Christmas vacation. I'll have time today once I go into work and have my notes (and a bit more time) I hope by noon EST.

    Speaking of Christmas, see my status. I'm taking around two weeks off of work so my posting will be affected during this time. I'm assuming many people are going to be busy/slow, but just wanted to point it out.

  • #140
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Damen finds that the locks are of average quality, someone of his skill could easily come into the barn without difficulty. The large barn doors are barred on the inside, so likely not accessible except via phasing.

    Shamus sees Tarkus' work with the animals "Well ain't that something, Bessie ain't fer takin' to strangers." he says. The beast seems well fed and generally healthy, normal. There are about ten other cattle in here.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1015
      Last Post: Saturday, 13th October, 2012, 11:27 PM
    2. Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1055
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th July, 2011, 02:39 PM
    3. Replies: 750
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd March, 2011, 08:09 PM
    4. Replies: 535
      Last Post: Monday, 8th March, 2010, 09:49 PM
    5. Dude Where's My Ring? (DM: garyh, Judge: Ozymandias79)
      By SeaPainter in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 300
      Last Post: Tuesday, 14th July, 2009, 08:20 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •