A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79)

renau1g

First Post
A Night at the Four Seasons

Peasant-Farmer.jpg

Cast
Damen Bane - Male Drow Thief 6 (stonegod)
Kaeysari - Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 4 (BenBrown)
Kauldron - Male Goblin Paladin 4 (Darksteed)
Cyr Iannes - Male Deva Invoker 4 (Metavoid)
Phoenix - Female Tiefling Mage 4 (Iron Sky)
Papolstaanas - Male Kobold Battlemind 3 (Mewness)
Tarkus the Crusader - Male Human Cleric 2 (JoeNotCharles)

To Help Shamus and Huntingdonshire with their "beastie" problem

The group is assembled by the simpleton Shamus to help his small village solve the problem of their with missing livestock.

Game Stats

XP
Not Yet

Treasure
Not YET

Quests
- Major: Get rid of the "beasties"
- Minor: TBD

[sblock=Rules]Welcome to the game! Action can begin now. My biggest thing is post rate. I expect at worst 48 hours from my posts for your own, especially during combat. Sometimes I may take an extra day, but usually I try and let you know. PbP adventures can really wither with slow posting (as I'm sure you have all experienced) so I'll NPC after 48 hours, usually asking for actions from one of the players, and then only using at-wills. I know Christmas/holidays are coming up so obviously we'll have a disruption to posting around then (I'm going to be off work between Christmas and New Years so expect my own rate to drop) and I definitely know RL comes first so if you have something going on, just give some notice and we'll work with it, whether that's us NPC'ing for a week or two, or whatever, I just want everyone to have fun. So...I think that's it. Oh, wait. re: immediate actions. They can be a real pain in the patella for PbP due to have to retroactively shift things. My ask is that you post a list of them in order of preference and I'll use them as is. Worst case I'll try and PM before posting a round update to confirm if two of them may be used. It worked out well in Tenchuu's Lord Byron adventures with the Prescient Bard and his million or so immediate-type powers ;) Ex: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5355789-post391.html <- see Wil's Stat Block.

Please put a summary of your character with a link to the character thread in your first posts and any combat post like so:[sblock=Tondrek]Tondrek—Male Half-orc Artificer 6
Initiative: +7, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 22, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 17 — Speed: 6, 8 when charging
HP: 53/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 9/10; Half-orc Resilience
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Magic Weapon
Static Shock

Scouring Weapon
Repulsion Strike

Icebound Sigil
Flameheart Defender

Healing Infusion x2
Swift Mender
Furious Assault

Regeneration Infusion
Battle Staff +1 (daily)
Targeting Crossbow +2 (daily)
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (encounter)
Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
2 Clockwork Bombs
2 Woundpatches
2 Alchemist's Acids

Doggie—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 22/9; Bloodied 4

Full character sheet[/sblock] Feel free to make your own rolls, linking to Invisible Castle or some other place for the result. For some rolls, I'll take 10 for you most of the time. Please post your speech and thoughts in your character's color, using italics for the latter. I prefer players who post about once a day, and I will NPC or write out characters who are inactive for short or long periods of time. OOC text should be in grey, like this or in sblocks.

Have fun![/sblock]

[sblock=A thanks for stonegod]
Just giving sg props for the above set-up, shamelessly copied by me[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Shamus leads you out of the Hanged Man turning before you go, "Anyofya need to make any last minute purchasing now's the time. We ain't got much that'd be of use to you types." the man says, then says "Oh, don't know if I caught allofyer names? I know Kay-e-sari, Tarkus, and I think I heard the dark-skin say Damen or sumthing much longer, but the restofya I ain't fer knowing what to call ya?"

[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so you're obviously heading out of Daunton so anything you need, now's the time Huntingdonshire probably won't have a fully stocked Magic Emporium, or even a weapon/armorsmith...we'll move forward with the IC thread either later today or tomorrow depending on everyone. Oh, and if you have a token for Maptools for me to use, that would be excellent.

Oh yeah, finally, maybe you can come to a marching order arrangement now, and we'll use that for any travel (unless you change it) to speed up decision making. I'll roll with what the majority agree to.
[/sblock]

"I apologize, my name is Cyr Iannes. I am the servant of the Sky Lord."
[sblock=Cyr Stats]
Deva Inoker 4
IMMEDIATES:
* Interrupt: Miraculous Fortune (damage reduced by 5, one ally get +1 power bonus to attack) - trigger: surprise attack by non-necrotic attack or critical hit
* Reaction: Preserver's rebuke - trigger: when two or more enemies are bloodied, and two or more allies are within 2 squares from Cyr

Initiative +9; Senses Passive Insight 22, Passive Perception 23
HP 34/34, Bloodied 17, Surge Value 8+1, Surges 7/7
AC 20; Fortitude 15, Reflex 18, Will 19
Feats:
* Battle Intuition - +2 to initiative, use Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity
* Astral Preservation - After use of Preserver's Rebuke each ally within 2 squares gains +1 to all defenses against attacks by bloodied creatures until the end of the encounter
* Coordinated Explosion - +1 to hit with blast and burst attacks if ally is in the area

(+1 TO ALL DEFENSES vs. BLOODIED ENEMIES)
1 AP
Saving Throws:
Resist 7 radiant; Resist 7 necrotic
Speed 5

Vanguard's Lightning
Hand of Radiance
Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke

Blades of Astral Fires
Second Wind
Memory of Thousand Lifetimes
Miraculous Fortune
Falling Leaves

Silent Malediction

Staff of the warmage (daily free enlarge spell)
Clearsense powder x 2 (consumable minor

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
"Didn't I already say? Maybe not. I'm Papolstaanas. Do we need horses for something? Because I don't know how to ride. At least I don't think I do. Is it difficult? I might be able to do it if it's really easy, or if it's anything like swordfighting, because I've studied that a bit, only I don't see why it would be anything like swordfighting, because that doesn't really make sense, does it, I mean a horse is nothing like a sword, and you don't even hold it the same way--"

OOC: If anyone needs a non-judge approval let me know and I'll try to get to it. Papolstaanas still needs one.

[sblock=Papolstaanas]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Battlemind 3
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 11; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:14
+2 defenses against traps
HP: 45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left: 13/13
Action Points: 1
Shifty
Concussive Spike
Conductive Defense
Lodestone Lure
Battlemind’s Demand
Blurred Step
Mind Spike

Psychokinetic Scimitar Ranged Basic Attack
Second Wind

Oaken Resilience
Aspect of Bitter Ice

Persistent Harrier (immediate reaction): The first time during an encounter that Papolstaanas is hit or missed with an attack, he can melee attack the triggering enemy, even if it is out of melee range (+8 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage). He teleports to a square adjacent to the enemy if he hits.

Power Points: 4/4

Conditions:

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari marches down the lane, still chewing on her bread and cheese, but happy to be off on an adventure, especially where she's likely to do some real good for people who need it.

[sblock=Kaeysari stat block]Kaeysari Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:19, Reflex:16, Will:16
HP:46/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
+2 to saving throws against poison or effects that render Kaeysari weakened, slowed, or immobilized.

Powers: Cleave, Footwork Lure, Pass Forward, Covering Attack, Dance of Steel, Longtooth Shifting, Villain's Menace, Healing Word Staggering Glaive (Daily)[/sblock]
Kae_sillypic.png

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Phoenix follows, moving up to walk astride with the farmer. In a crisp business-like manner she barrages him with questions. "There is more that I would know. How often are these raids? What have people seen? Do nearby villages report the same? What evidence is left behind? What or who do they target? Is there a pattern to when they come?"

OOC: Are ooc blocks ok or do you prefer

this for oocs?

[sblock=Phoenix's Statblock]Phoenix, Female Tiefling Mage 4
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 18, Fort:16, Reflex:19, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP:36/36, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:9, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +3, Action Points: 1
MBA: +6 AC, 1d4+4 fire damage. RBA: Range 20, 8 fire damage.

Powers: Magic Missile, Freezing Burst, Arc Lightning, Infernal Wrath, Orbmaster's Incindiary Detonation, Color Spray, Shield, Second Wind, Flaming Sphere, Flaming Dagger, Cloak of Resistance

Notes: Phoenix does not provoke OAs for Ranged or Area attacks. Phoenix's attacks ignore fire resistance. Phoenix gains +1 to hit against bloodied foes.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Damen follows idly, pulling his coat collar up at the bright sun. He smiles a tight smile for the farmer. Damen will do just fine, good man. Just fine. He thinks for a moment and adds, Horses, I do not think we have.[sblock=Damen]Damen Bane—Male Drow Thief 6
Initiative: +12, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC: 21, Fort: 16, Reflex: 22 Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 49/49, Bloodied: 24, Surge: 12, Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Ambush Trick
Feinting Trick
Sneak's Trick

Agile Footwork
Backstab x2
Cloud of Darkness/Darkfire
Cunning Escape
Slip Aside

Shadowdance Armor +1 (daily)
Boltshard Hand Crossbow +2 (daily)
2 Healing Potions

Damen Bane - http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Damen_Bane_(stonegod)[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron marches in after the rest had exited the tavern. Idly puffing upon his cigar. Moving in beside the group.*

Name be Kauldron. A pleasure to met yee all.

[sblock=Kauldron]Goblin Tactics Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that misses Kauldron with a melee attack, shift 1 into a better flanking position for the strikers.

Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 4
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12

Normal - AC:23, Fort:18, Reflex:18, Will:17
Vs. Charm – AC:25, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:19
Vs. Fear – AC:25, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:19
Vs. Psychic - AC:25, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:19

Speed:5

HP:47/47, Temp HP:
Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:12/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point [ ]
Call to Challenge [ ]
Channel Divinity [ ]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Strength from Valor [ ]
Valorous Smite [ ]

Lay on Hands [ ]
Majestic Halo [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [ ]
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC Marching Order]Whether we move in double or single file. I believe having Kauldron move in front is one of the best options. He has the highest all round defenses in the group.[/sblock]

Kauldron.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases