[Proposal] - Healing's Word back as Divine Power

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Sorry I'm late to the party, and I don't care what this does or does not mean to the proposal, but I do vote YES. Seems reasonable, and I don't think it's overpowered (r1's point about longer PbP encounters is a good one).

I think that PBP encounters are mostly a piece of cake due the superior optimization of PCs (e.g. they often have exactly the best equipment, feats, and powers for their concept) unless:

a) The DM purposely makes the encounter more difficult with terrain (narrow corridors, having to take damage in order to get to foes, etc.) specific monster synergies (stunned, weakened combined with insubstantial, etc.), or just a higher level encounter, or

b) The PCs start missing a lot of attack rolls. Anyone can die if the dice are cold.

But, I view the original (and even the current) Pacifist Healer feat as overpowered when combined with the optimizations that players can force in PBP as per the following:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5395482-post21.html

When a Pacifist Healer PC can make 2 unconscious PCs not only conscious, but also not even bloodied and can simultaneously make 2 heavily bloodied PCs nearly full up with a single Encounter power, somethings not right. It's one thing to be better at healing than other PCs, it's another to be able to press an encounter reset button at level 4 with an Encounter power. IMO.

Seeing as how we're at a bit of an impasse, it may also be wise (in another thread) to come up with a way to break 2-2 ties. At this point we have 4 judges and at least 3 have to agree for something to pass, which honestly makes it a bit difficult. The best solution is probably to get (or reactivate) at least one more judge - odd numbers are always best in voting - but maybe there's another way? I am not sure.

We already have a process for breaking ties.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Er, we have five active judges:
- renaug1 Yes
- evilbob Yes
- TwoHeadsBarking Abstain (so far)
- stonegod No
- Karin's Dad No

This is deadlocked. THB has the tie-breaking vote: Whatever way he votes (if he so choses) decides the issue unless Evo or one of the other absent judges re-appear.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Charter said:
The judges, after allowing time for refinement and discussion of the proposal, will vote by indicating YES or NO in a post in that thread. In order to pass, a proposal must receive at least three YES votes, and the YES votes must outnumber the NO votes by at least two. When that condition has been met for 48 hours, the proposal passes and becomes part of the official rules. If a proposal receives at least 3 NO votes, and NO votes outnumber YES votes by at least two for a period of 48 hours, the proposal fails and the matter is closed.
So, this is DOA until we have more judges or someone changes their vote. I misread.

evilbob

Explorer
Sorry, I didn't mean to exclude anyone.

Yeah the "must pass by two" means voting things in is hard, especially with only 5 judges. I wonder if that should be taken out and make it a simple majority? We can have the change only apply to proposals made after the change date, just to make it fair and not have to revisit anything.

Also I would just like to point out that I am a flail snail and I have no clue what that means. :)

renau1g

First Post
Flail Snail

Flail Snail - The only thing scarier than a giant slug, is a giant slug with armor and a flail for a head! I hope you brought several bales of salt.

Flail%20Snail.jpg

evilbob

Explorer
So what you are saying is I need to start an XP whoring campaign immediately so I can jump to whatever the next level is as fast as possible because that is the silliest monster I've ever seen in my life? :)

renau1g

First Post
Yeah, a Giant Two-headed Troll is far better...

Level 1 - Kobold > Umpleby
Level 2 - Goblin > Stunjelly
Level 3 - Hobgoblin > Tirapheg
Level 4 - Orc > Flumph
Level 5 - Gnoll > Carbuncle
Level 6 - Bugbear > Trilloch
Level 7 - Owlbear > Nilbog
Level 8 - Githyanki > Gorilla Bear
Level 9 - Harpy > Flail Snail
Level 10 - Troll > Giant Two-headed Troll
Level 11 - Vampire > Qullan
Level 12 - Umber Hulk > Penanggalan
Level 13 - Vrock > Meenlock
Level 14 - Mind Flayer > Grell
Level 15 - Lesser Angel > Gambado (springing skull of death!)
Level 16 - Earth Elemental > Eye of Fear and Flame
Level 17 - Death Knight > ?
Level 18 - Gibbering Mouther > Blindheim

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5392562-post306.html

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases