Monster Builder (the non-online one) gets a patch!

samursus

Explorer
"Plus we're doing the normal monthly erratta.

Remember: You need an active D&D Insider subscription to update your Character Builder with the new data and features."

This is the part I am not sure of. What does this mean? Was the CB updated too? I didn't see anything new in the CB.

Tazawa

Adventurer
This is very good (and unexpected) news! Has anyone downloaded it yet? What specifically did they fix?

This has been the biggest issue with my DDI subscription for me. I DM and most of my encounters use custom monsters. Having a stable, bug-free tool to quickly create monsters makes a big difference to my game prep.

It's kind of interesting that this is the type of news that might get me to keep my subscription going. With a functioning downloaded monster builder I don't actually need a subscription going forward - I don't really need access to new content as I create my own. Yet the fact that Wizards has taken the effort to support software that they'll be phasing out has made me a little more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with the rest of their DDI offerings. If only they had used this approach with the character builder.

However, I'll have to check it out first to make sure they've actually fixed the bugs that needed fixing.

Neverfate

First Post
Actually, if you look through the Monster Builder by source, you'll see:

Advanced Dungeon Master's Guide
Player Options: Heroes of the Feywild
Never Winter Nights Campaign Setting
Expansions for the Ravenloft game
and some other books we already knew about (Heroes of Shadow, and D&D Gazetteer) are also listed in the source.

Cyronax

Explorer
Actually, if you look through the Monster Builder by source, you'll see:

Advanced Dungeon Master's Guide
Player Options: Heroes of the Feywild
Never Winter Nights Campaign Setting
Expansions for the Ravenloft game
and some other books we already knew about (Heroes of Shadow, and D&D Gazetteer) are also listed in the source.

I haven't seen any mention of any of those in the Product Catalog or December+ previews.

Anyone else have details? Seems odd to have those there in the non-online Monster Builder -- especially since Heroes of Shadow or the main Monster Vault aren't listed (but the Monsters Vault -- Threats to the Nentir Vale is??)

So confused.

C.I.D.

Dausuul

Legend
Awesome. They're handling the new Monster Builder rollout soooooo much better than they did the CB... clearly lessons have been learned. They're rebuilding their goodwill, with me anyway.

Neverfate

First Post
I haven't seen any mention of any of those in the Product Catalog or December+ previews.

Anyone else have details? Seems odd to have those there in the non-online Monster Builder -- especially since Heroes of Shadow or the main Monster Vault aren't listed (but the Monsters Vault -- Threats to the Nentir Vale is??)

So confused.

C.I.D.

I can only speculate. This was brought to my attention by a thread on the WotC forums. But they're there, in the monster builder. Heck the Advanced DMG is the first one to pop up. I can only snoop around and ask questions, but I doubt there will be answers concerning unreleased products.

Aegeri

First Post
If they have fixed the bugs in the MB I am more than prepared to not whine about Wizards DDI for the rest of the month. Unless Bark at the Moon is terrible. Then I will resume usual procedure.

But this is really good to see.

Remove ads