Stacking Armor Bonuses

DemonLoki

First Post
So I've looked around and couldn't find a clear clarification on this. I've seen a lot of informative sections but nothing that helped completely.
The bonuses in question are

Amulet of Natural Armor [Natural Armor]
Ring of Protection [Deflection]
Bracers of Armor [???]

The bracers of armor description says it is an 'invisible intangible wall of force'. Would this be deflection, or not? If not, does it stack?

Dandu

First Post
Bracers of Armor count as the same bonus as Mage Armor, which is the same bonus as regular armor.

All the things you have listed so far stack with each other.

irdeggman

First Post
SRD

Bracers of Armor: These items appear to be wrist or arm guards. They surround the wearer with an invisible but tangible field of force, granting him an armor bonus of +1 to +8, just as though he were wearing armor. Both bracers must be worn for the magic to be effective

They provide an "armor" bonus. This is a very specific type of bonus.

Pg 21 of the DMG lists many of the bonus types including "armor" and "shield".

Regular armors provide armor bonuses and shileds provid shield bonuses.

Armor/Shield Bonus: Each armor grants an armor bonus to AC, while shields grant a shield bonus to AC. The armor bonus from a suit of armor doesn’t stack with other effects or items that grant an armor bonus. Similarly, the shield bonus from a shield doesn’t stack with other effects that grant a shield bonus

DemonLoki

First Post
Outstanding, thank you. Haven't messed with 3.5 in awhile so I've been rusty. Been playing around with some other systems. This should pan out to be a very interesting caster indeed :D

DumbPaladin

First Post
There are other bonuses to AC you may pick up if you choose the right feat or the right spell. Don't overlook sacred bonuses, dodge bonuses, insight bonuses to AC (abjurant champion), or luck bonuses to AC. Marshal auras can give competence bonuses to AC, I believe.

DemonLoki

First Post
Right now he's looking at

Base: 10
Dexterity Bonus: 5
Amulet of Natural Armor: 5
Ioun Stone Insight Bonus: 1
Ring of Protection Deflection Bonus: 4
Monks Belt: 5

I'm not TOO worried about bumping it up. He's a level 18 WarMage/Rainbow Servant with some Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil. With the IotSV veils he can put up, he shouldn't even have to worry about AC too much.

Sekhmet

First Post
There are other bonuses to AC you may pick up if you choose the right feat or the right spell. Don't overlook sacred bonuses, dodge bonuses, insight bonuses to AC (abjurant champion), or luck bonuses to AC. Marshal auras can give competence bonuses to AC, I believe.

Don't forget Profane bonuses!

Remove ads