The Best Class/Build for My Party's Leader?

Yeah, generally if you have a low stat there's not a lot of pressing reason to train in the corresponding skill(s), but it does depend on the theme of the character and maybe just the mix of skills in the party. If nobody else has a decent History bonus, then it may come in handy. Your character will never be great at it, but if someone else has the CHA skills covered already then at least you have a decent chance of passing a check if it comes up. Depending on the DM History could be a key skill or it could be pretty worthless. I know in my game for example it is a darn handy skill to have and players tend to find pretty easy justifications for using it in a variety of situations. It is a lot like Streetwise really, either really handy or just meh. Of course if you can come up with a background that allows you to train Streetwise at least that will use your CHA score effectively.

What all campaigns need is a leader and a command structure. Or one or two experienced players with a proven winning record on hard missions.

If it's up to the DM to remember stuff like combat advantage and saving effects. It should be up the the player leader to remember similiar effects.

That person or persons don't have to be leaders as a class character. They can play a striker or whatever and continue to lead the real players. Like recommending when and how to use an encounter power.

I mostly play a group where it's up the invidual to make that choice. I don't think DnD is a game where you will lose from second-rate choices.

Basic strategy is that you lose from several mistakes over time. It could be two of the same mistake and three different ones.

If you want to win you will prepare to reduce your mistakes. I know this advice isn't new.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases